Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Is there any point to giving Nectar to NPCs beyond the first one for the keepsake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yeah, there are a couple of things. It can advance the NPC's story and add info to the codex, if you care about those things. Also, some characters have a second keepsake that gives a powerful summon. You have to use boss drops to get the actual item, but you won't ever get the option unless you've got that NPC's relationship meter near maxed.

How many Nectars do you need to get there? I've got like 4 Ambrosia's stacked up

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Does anybody know where saves are stored to transfer them between the EGS and Steam versions?

I was playing a pirated EGS version and bought it on Steam recently and it picked up my save right away. You shouldn't have to transfer anything unless you changed computers/harddrives.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
The main thing that sucks about the lava area is getting your Cast bolts stuck out in the lava

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Begemot posted:

It takes a half second for the lava to start hurting you, so you can dash out and back without taking any damage.

That is still annoying in the middle of combat, though.

yeah if it's just on the lip of the lava i can do that, or if i have hermes +dash charges i'm usually ok but often if it's further out i still end up eating 3-5 damage which isn't much but kind a bummer, i usually just leave em out there. fortunately lava enemies are pretty easy and hydra boss is a cakewalk if you don't get cocky (at least with the shield it's easy).

elysium enemies are way more annoying and more likely to gently caress with me

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
God drat Hera Bow was insane. I don't know if Festive Bog was particularly good but I had 5 Casts (+2 from chaos) and Festive Bog with Hera just absolutely annihlated everything in my way. Special on the Bow seems to really suck rear end, I didn't really use it. Just utterly slayed the whole game.

I've cleared NG and NG+ with all weapons except the Spear. What Aspect should I be unlocking for the Spear?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Oxxidation posted:

my recommendation is to go after hermes as often as possible, solely so you can get the boon that adds additional dashes

even one extra dash will give you a tremendous amount of extra breathing room
yeah you can never go wrong wtih more hermes. there's a reason why the end-level has a shop where hermes is there but it's always 400 bucks and there's no keepsake to start with a hermes boon. sucks getting dat chaos gate right in front of a hermes exit.

is it just me or does Athena/Aphrodite appear way more than any other gods, followed by Zeus? I feel I rarely see Dionysus/Ares/Artemis/Poseidon

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Andrast posted:

The +400% trap damage thing is great because it's always a nonissue until you kind of forget it towards the end of the run and then suddenly take 3/4 of your HP in damage

The +400% trap is mostly a freebie, but the last Satyr/Styx area with those spinning blades and poo poo can really gently caress you over big time in such tight rooms and trying to avoid poison and dashing right into a blade moving along the wall. I think the one configuration that has 2 spinning blades following around the outside of the wall in a +-shaped rooom is the worst for that.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It's weird, as I've gitten gud less bad the Stygian Rail has gone from firmly my favorite weapon to probably my least favorite.

I might be approaching done-for-now until the next content patch; got a win on at least heat 1 with all weapons and heat 3 with sword.

Yeah. If you don't get a 3-triple shot special, Rail just feels really bad. I had an otherwise good auto-attack build for clearing encounters but had little to augment Special or Cast, it was miserable fighting bosses with it, which is mostly what matters. That's several times in a row not having Triple-Special and it's a bummer.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Aphrodite's pink shotgun blast is one of the better casts, too, especially with the Hera bow.

Really? I used Aphro's cast with Hera bow and found it awful, it almost seemed buggy awful in that sometimes it seemed to work v well but most of the time it was a wet fart. I've had way more success with other casts like Poison Bog, Ares blade, or even chain lightning. I regretted it the whole run and should have purged it because it was just not working for poo poo.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ragnar34 posted:

Managed to stack enough damage resistance and weakening effects to practically facetank the last boss. I mostly spent the second phase mashing attack without bothering to move.

Yeah Myrmidon Bracer trinket (40% DR) + 15% DR + 29% DR from standing in Poison Bog, ontop of Athena Guard Dash, with 315 HP, was a loving crazy run.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Andrast posted:

Titan's blood upgrades are permanent.

I used my early blood on unlocking all weapon aspects and then upgrading the ones that seemed to benefit from it the most (like the Chiron bow)

Yeah Chiron Bow is godly when maxed, but pretty poo poo otherwise. When you get that +4 Special shots from Daedelus, +100% special damage, +special damage from chaos, +special speed from Hermes, and Auto-Attack (it helps keeping the Chiron target-selection applied while being mobile), 2 debuffs with +50% damage from Mirror to debuffed targets, it's just disgusting how fast you utterly delete everything with impunity and can just shoot around walls. It's pretty reliable even with mismatched boons, though certainly helps to at least get several of those.

I kind of feel I wasted all my blood trying to max out Zeus Aspect on the Shield, it's fine, but it's sometimes hard to tell how much it's actually contributing and iffy procc-ing. I think I'd have been better served with Chaos Shields.

Can't go wrong maxing out Poisedon Sword even though it's good at Lvl1. Spear is probably my least used weapon (which I used to use all the time back in very early EA) so I don't really know what's worth pumping other than Achilles seems like the only thing worth a drat.

I've dabbled a little bit in the Railgun Aspects but not much. I tried the the +Dmg% while under Special, but at it's low level its +12% is iffy and it's semi-hard to tell if it's applied and for how long, plus not always optimal to dash into your Special when you're keeping the distance. It generally feels like the +ammo might be better just to round it out. I didn't really like the bonus after reloading but maybe it's good maxed?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 30, 2019

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Artelier posted:

I've gotten it on the first chamber before though. Also got it in a boss chamber once, but only once, in 31 runs.

It's the main thing that adds time when blasting through the game, so I was wondering if there's a way to tell.

I do believe it's weighted to a non-boss room at least.

I'm surprised it could even be a boss chamber, it feels like it's always not. I got lucky with my Speed Run Pact but I think I would have been up poo poo creek if I had to go through most of them to find the right one. Would rather the Hades fight has it's own timer at that point.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Khanstant posted:

Is this game good if you don't like Diablo 2 style ARPG?

I mean if you like Dead Cells/Nuclear Throne/Enter the Gungeon/Rogue Legacy/etc, you'll like it. It's not Point n Click and plays great with a controller. There's also no loot-management.

If you fundamentally hate roguelites though, then yes you won't like it. I don't feel Diablo has really much in the way of comparison other than it's also an isometric kill-zombie game. It's much more similar to Nuclear Throne/DC/EtG type games.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Eraflure posted:

My damage was ok, the rail just doesn't feel satisfying to me for some reason

making GBS threads out triple mortars on +25% speed and dashing around covering the screen in explosives is satisfying, but the regular Attack just kinda sucks and isn't very fun to sit there plinking and I hate using it when I don't get that triple-special. Even when I was stacked up with Attack poo poo, it still feels kinda not very interesting. Infinite ammo and piercing/exploding shots is surprisingly way more disappointing than I had expected. I have not tried a Spread-shot build with it yet though.

Likewise Bow is great and fun as hell when you get maxed Chirron or using Hera but otherwise I don't like using it. The auto-attack hammer upgrade is usually my go-to when I can get it but mostly as a vehicle to spam Chirron or Hera casts more easily while staying super mobile.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ILL Machina posted:

I underestimated athenas dash attack, but being able to deflect poo poo while you're crazily dashing around is so useful.

Imo easily the best Athena upgrade and best Dash choice. I'm not too much of a fan of Deflect on Attack/Special (depends on the weapon ofc), don't like her Cast, and rest of her upgrades (some of the Duo are good). they're fine for a nice damage boost though so I don't hate them, but if I'm trying to stack 2-status effects for the +50% damage on the Mirror then shes's stuff I try to avoid picking. But Dash deflect is so good. In part also because I don't particularly like other Dash upgrades that much besides like Ares. The dash poison one in particular is too hard to actually hit with because it's where you started from, not where you dashed to, so often you have to stand ontop of the enemy and then dash away and it's just ugh.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 5, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

LifeLynx posted:

Final beat it! Realized I could start with the guaranteed Artemis boon trinket and swap to the maxed out Cerberus boon I'd been relying on after the now-easy first floor and Fury fight. She gave me +damage and crit chance on my special, and I ended up with so many crit bonuses that I could spam the Y button and watch boss HP bars melt away. I didn't go below 3/4ths health until the second final boss, which I didn't know the patterns for so got nervous and spammed special over and over.

I'd recommend the Skelly Keepsake over the Cereberus keepsake. Maxed out Cerberus is +80 HP (which can have it's uses if you get the restore health when below 40% into encounters boon) compared to max out Skelly keepsake is +150 HP.

Speaking of which, Myrmidon Bracer keepsake (from Achilles) ain't nothing to scoff at either. It's 40% damage reduction when maxed and that's pretty loving good, I often roll into the final boss with that one active. Bone Hourglass is also fantastic when maxed because you can stack a shitload of Well Boons and carry them into the last boss fight, assuming you get semi-lucky with finding the right exit without them expiring, I've gone in with a shitton of them and he just gets wrecked when +Speed +Attack +Cast +1 cast are all active. I do recommend starting with with the +200 gold Keepsake and swapping it out after the first level sometimes, it basically buys you 2-free boons from Charon.

I haven't played with Hermes keepsake yet, seems alright but it's not clear how "quickly" means and I feel i'd have to get lucky with the right boons early on to make it work. I suppose it doesn't have a timer on the screen does it?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 5, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Eraflure posted:

Cerberus is good for beginners who don't have 100 base HP yet
Skelly is good if you're very low on hp/lives and desperately need a pick me up
Otherwise, Broken Spearpoint is definitely the right choice for the last stretch

And yeah Myrmidon's Bracer is all around a very good trinket, I usually equip it in Elysium if I don't need to meet a specific god

It does have a timer.
I think Skelly is pretty good all around because it's a free Death Defiance that heals 150 HP so you get 4x last chances to finish the boss. But yeah you're right if you don't even have 150 max HP then you lose out quite a bit, I forgot about that.

I've used it enough to max it out, and Broken Spearpoint is loving great for Styx because there is a loving lot going on in tight corridorrs, but imo it's not great for the final boss (except if you have a problem getting laser'd) mostly because he hits hard yet generally infrequent. It's still pretty good and you can almost facetank him with some other boons, but idk I prefer Myrm over it for boss fights.

Good to know on Hermes. I'll try it next run.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Vargs posted:

I tend to go with a god keepsake that would synergize with my weapon->200 gold keepsake->another god keepsake based on what I think would synergize best with my current build->myrmidon bracer for damage reduction vs Hades.

Sometimes I'll mix in the chaos trinket if the between-floor shop has a guaranteed chaos gate for sale.
Not a bad idea. I do think the game tends to weigh RNG for giving you Gods you've already visited, so if you want to get Artemis or stuff.

Had a really good run with the Shield with the Spinning Special aspect with Poisedon giving +180% damage and knockback and rupter and duo with zeus to also strike lightning and jolted, explode when shield is retrieved, Zeus special, and some other fun things. I could just put the shield out infront of me and get his Call going and stand t here with impunity. Worked out really well. I kinda regret not going Chaos Shield first but I've already invested it to lvl4 and god dammit I'm going to make it work. I'll agree Poisedon is kinda weak overall just because Knockback doesn't really help vs bosses but it can help proc the 2-status effect boost and Rupture ain't completely awful.

What exactly does +20% Special Speed mean from Hermes? Is it cooldown?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Internet Kraken posted:

Zeus just seems like a really underwhelming good in general, though I guess his attack boon might be good on the railgun since its flat damage.

I dunno if they balance this game but I kind of hope him and Poseidon get more incentive to go with.

I did Zeus with Railgun Infinite Ammo and it was surprisingly disapointing. Maybe I just didn't have enough Duo boons but Auto-Attack was extremely anemic vs bosses and I ended up losing to the last boss pretty badly whereas I usually mop him up with a Triple Special build. It did well enough vs general mobs, though still not as awesome as I've had other builds go.

But yeah he's overall a bit weak. Some decent Duo boons, and Jolted is nice. Like I said I had a run with the Shield + Spinning Shield Aspect where I had the Poisedon Special along with Poisedon's Rupture effect and a Duo with Zeus that cast'd Lightning upon Knockback which itself also procced Jolted (4-5 boon investment tho) and that did very well, so I'd throw out the spinning disk and everything immediately had a 2-status effect going to hit them for +50% damage and it destroyed Styx hard. His Greater Call also is very good with Shield because you can just stand there with your shield out while it shoots down bolts, but it's sort of really working the fringes with Zeus to make it decent. The Elysium bosses went down like chumps between having spinning disk wreck their face and standing ontop of them with Zeus's Greater Call, I think it was one of my fastest Elysium boss fights ever.

Still, I pretty much prefer most gods when possible and try to avoid Zeus as best as I can, until I've got some good primary Gods rolling in and have fleshed out primary boons. It's not quite FTL-level of "building for the boss" but I never lose any lives going through the levels themselves with regular/mini-boss mobs (unless I gently caress up and hit several traps in Styx with the +X00% trap damage Pact on) such I mostly try to build things that will either provide enough defense/mobility for boss-fights and good single-target damage.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 7, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

QuarkJets posted:

I got a Poseidon boon that offered to replace my Artemis attack boon and it was actually going to make the damage number go down by 10 points, despite having higher rarity. Push is way overvalued

Yeah. Push with the 300% wall-knockback damage and poo poo is great for clearing Styx, but otherwise it's pretty stupid to build around clearing trash and then floundering at the last boss trying as hard as you can to win the attrition-war. If Push could more substantially affect bosses, yeah that'd be great.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Feels bad I've played this game for so loving long, have done up through 5-heat on all the weapons, and I still don't have a Summon yet. I've maxed out giving them Nectar and I think I'm just awaiting to unlock more dialog from Skelly/Sisy/Meg et al before I can give them my 15 stockpile of Ambrosia. It's kinda loving stupid.

also I pretty much never ever see Meg in the lobby so I'm only at like 3 Nectar for her.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Internet Kraken posted:

How much can you upgrade the weapons with titan blood? I haven't used any yet aside from unlocking stuff because I don't really wanna make the game easier but part of me is wondering if they even make a huge difference in the end.

Reading this post is the first I've heard about summons even being a thing.
Quite a lot and they vary by aspect. I think a third tier aspect needs 15 blood to max out. Some like spinning shield aspect go from like 8 damage to 29 damage when maxed. But yes it makes a big difference on some like Chirron Aspect is almost silly when maxed, others don’t benefit a much eg Hera Bow or Pos Sword (but still good).

So yes it makes the game easier but you can add Pacts that make the game harder, just in different ways. You should be spending blood.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

You might be able to get Skelly's easily enough. Once you've given him as much nectar as you can, upgrade the original sword to +5 and kill him with it. Doing so gives you an achievement for 6 diamonds and unlocked the ambrosia tier gifts for me along with his summon.

Neat. Ive got that quest but I just don’t have the blood to max out Zag Sword.

Speaking of which, is it worth selling Diamonds for Blood? It seems like the renovations have a limited number to actually build so diamonds seem a little useless

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Unlocking the Meg summon has been the worst. I got the other two in a flash, but for some reason it made me do like 27 conversations with her when the patch dropped, even though I had her hearts maxed out. Still got 10 more to go, but she doesn't show half the time.

:negative:

It's far less than even half for me. I'd say she maybe shows up 1 in every 4 or 5 runs these days? Seems a bit glitchy or unintended to be that rare. For awhile there I had done like 5 runs without her showing up at all.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Does Heightened Security also amplify Lava Damage? I went into Hydra Boss with Extra Measures +2 and did nto expect the map to be... that. Not too bad but I took a lot of lava damage that game. Didn't help I had the Chaos Movement Debuff and no extra Hermes dashes.

I had a really good run with Chaos Shield where I just annihilated several of my Death Defiance's in Styx by bull-rushing with like +800% trap damage into the spinning blades. It didn't help in particular that run I was using the Hermes Keepsake trying to speed-run rooms so I was getting sloppy at some points. Even clearing a lot of rooms fast early on and in Asmodel, I think that Hermes Keepsake kinda loving sucks because you just won't clear most of the Elysium Rooms fast enough and some levels will just be dicks with the timer like the one mini-boss with the big medusa head and falling rock that just takes god drat forever. Especially once you start adding Pacts for +Enemies/+Enemy HP I can see it making it entirely useless. Granted it was only Lvl1 Keepsake when I started but still by the end I think I had maybe +20% movespeed/dodge and it wasn't that helpful at all compared to using Coins and Broken Spearpoint/Myrmidon.

I feel Chaos Shield works a lot better when you get the Hammer upgrade that transforms it into a Power Shot instead because my second run went a hell of a lot better once I got that as I was taking a little bit too much attrition damage while/post Bull-Rushing, and it lets you shoot the shields right at their face.

Trying to pick-up the slack that the Spear has neglected because I just don't use it often compared to Bow/Sword/Shield, and I had like 3x +60% Attack Damage boons from Chaos and +120%+Weak Aphro boon--it went very well and was a lot of fun going back to an Attack build, but I honestly wasn't getting much out of the Achilles Aspect out of it and probably lost more damage trying to reposition to backstab. Granted it's only Lvl2. The faster Spin Attack hammer upgrade while dashing to activate it was giving me a hell of a lot of mileage and I found it quite useful so much that I almost think maybe the default aspect or the Punishing Sweep might be better; anyone have the latter maxed out to compare?

I finally got Skelly and Thanatos Companion Summon and keep forgetting to use them. Thanatos one kinda sucks and Skelly is easy for you to accidentally kill and doesn't help that much on Hades but was nice on some particular dick Elysium levels. Is there one in particular I should save my Ambrosia for to max out? Seems like Boulder might be the best one because it can drop items.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jan 7, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Finally got enough keys to unlock all the MIrror Upgrades. I stupidly skipped the +25% chance for Epic Boons in favor of Fated Authority and man, I really was not getting much mileage out of FA. I can always grab Keys with the renovation upgrade to get Fated Authority if I really need to, but I have a feeling I'll try to avoid keys in the future.

Are there any use for Keys anymore, or just sell em at the trader in the bar? Unfortunately the exchange-rates seem god awful.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Lester Shy posted:

Aside from duration, is there any difference between using your Call on cooldown vs waiting for the full bar to charge up? The wiki seems pretty light on info and I'm usually spamming it when I actually pick a Call.

Feel free to use a Call during regular encounters as soon as it's up and would Do Something. I find you generally don't get Greater Call/Full Bar unless you have a few very specific boons, or it's a very long drawn-out fight. Bosses also tend to like to go Invuln right as you pop your Greater Call so you have to time it right, but in general you'll get more mileage waiting for a Greater Call to charge for a boss fight. Despite that, sometimes you might sometimes be better popping a 1/4 bar charge if the situation warrents. I.e. I was using Dionysus's Call on 1/4th bar charges to trigger the Privileged Status effect on Hades because I only had Weak that run.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Man I haven't had a Duo boon in like 3 runs now despite having 4-5 different god boons. I swear I'm never going to finish this Duo Boon Prophecy list.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

thewizardofshoe posted:

Just did a run where I got Hunter's Dash(+100% dash damage) from Artemis in the entrance room, then never got offered an actual damaging Dash boon again for the rest of the run. That'll teach me to have faith in RNG in my favor.

Seconding Aphrodite, she has a real good cast if you're playing a weapon that wants to be close range, and adding weak on enemies constantly is really helpful for survivability. A lot of Athena boons can be amazing as well, I prefer her dash over any other because reflecting rules and when an attack is coming my way my instinct is already to dash into it or just around it so having it also reflect is super useful, and you can absolutely own Bone Hydra by reflecting his rapid fire projectiles back at him from right in his face so they'll mostly all be hitting him.

I've found the one thing I really like from Zeus is his cast, I've gotten it paired with Hermes' Flurry Cast on two different runs, once with Artemis' legendary that gives you a bunch more bloodstones, so it was just slamming out bouncy lightning balls everywhere and it was GREAT.

Yeah I like Zeus's cast. Especially throw on Jolted and you're good to go. I will say I also think Zeus's call is extremely great, especially with Shield or Broken Spearpoint bcause you can stand near the bosses and just delete 1/3rd of their life.

Had a run where I had like +3 Casts from Artemis, +1 Cast from Chaos, Artemis's Secondary Cast for 50% damage, and yet I didn't actually ever get offered a Cast boon itself so I was stuck shooting the garbage default. loving a

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Artelier posted:

if you play fast, the time limit is a free two heat, and if you play really fast, it's a free five heat
I dunno I did the 9 min one and while I was usually 2 minutes left to spare in most zones, Elysiun cut it loving close with less than 1 minute because I kept having dick shield bearer rounds and Theseus was taking awhile. I’d be worried about the whole run ending when I get to Hades because it’s part of Styx and if you get unlucky having to do all the rooms I think you’d be hosed. I got lucky and found the key on the 3rd room and I beat hades with less than 2 minutes left. And that was with Chirron Bow build pumping out single target

I don’t think I enjoyed that Pact a whole lot.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Anything related to movement speed feels kind of pointless. Whether it's in or out of combat I'm usually moving around by dashing constantly, and the movement speed of enemies usually isn't important besides maybe for the chariot enemies in Elysium. It's kind of weird that Relative Speed is one of the legendaries when Greatest Reflex is significantly better even if it's only giving you one or two extra dashes. +3 dashes with the Athena boon and you basically don't take damage for the rest of the run.

The +100% movespeed after Dash is an OK consolation prize for not getting +X dashes. But yeah.

Greater Recall really shouldn't be a Legendary since it's really just a QoL thing. Should be Tier 1.

The +20% movespeed one feels pretty much worthless, extra Dash or even movespeed on Dash is way better. The slowdown on upon passing is also pretty drat bad. Second Wind is also imo pretty bad unless you have a Call that you particular want to be spamming every 1/4 bar. Quick Recovery is fairly nice since you're probably dashing like a mad man all the time and can amount to a 30% damage reduction though I'd rather just have a high-dodge chance roll.

So I'd say about 2/3rd are really good, and 1/3rd are meh/"sell it" territory.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

WarpedLichen posted:

Greater Recall is not a QoL thing, it's just plain busted if you have a cast build. It massively increases your dps because normally collecting casts is time you're not casting. If you have Poseidon sword or the Artemis cast boons it's pretty bonkers.

Yeah I guess that's fair. The one time I ever had it come up available to buy (getting 3 hermes is really pretty rare in my experience, sans buying the 400-gold one at the end of the game but then you're p much about to face Hades) I didn't find it very helpful because I also had +3 dash and could zip around collecting them, but also often they just get stuck in bosses and stuff and even if you're using Poisedon Sword they'll drop next to you. Still, seems a tad overvalued for only being great in a specific build.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I tried maxed out Zag Aspect Spear and holy poo poo this was a loving stupidly good weapon. I had Artemis Special w/ Crit, Explosive Spear hammer, Special does +400% armor, 2x +60% Special Damage from Chaos, and a mixed of other things like Athena Dash and Aphro Weak on attack but I just deleted Hades without taking much damage at all and just sticking away and spamming spear and throwing Athena balls at him. It wasn't even that optimal because I could have used more Artemis Crit boons and stuff and didn't have a lot of synergy, but it just mowed through Styx with absolute ease.

I think Explosive Spear was the only mandatory part of the build, but I had so more success with Zag aspect than Achilles. Not sure how it'd have went if I didn't have it.

I guess the question is if Hades Aspect is worth using next; I think it'd be mandatory to have the Faster Spin hammer upgrade which isn't guaranteed.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Jossar posted:

Just about finishing up my 2 heat runs (still need to get one with the gun) and I'm kind of curious as to why everyone's so short on Ambrosia. I've maxed everybody relevant's relationships already and i'm up to middling levels on the other things that use them. Is there some other feature I'm missing?

I mean it'll take some more heat, but I'll definitely be done before the Titan's Blood grind.

EDIT: Unless people have always meant Nectar, in which case I understand why it takes so long, even if my many failed runs have gotten me really far along progress in that front.

Ambrosia is used to upgrade your "secret" Companions you can unlock to lvls 1/2/3/4. It takes 10 Ambrosia to max out a companion, ontop of the 1 needed to unlock them, and 2 more you can give to an NPC to max out their dialogue.

But yeah I'm pretty sure most people meant Nectar, which you get like maybe 2 a run and there's like 30 NPCs you need to give like 6 to.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
tfw you set out to make a auto-attack Railgun build, finally, at last, THIS TIME... and you get +Triple Special and Rocket at the start, again.

just stupidly deleted Hades in seconds with Artemis and Hermes stuff with it. its just too good to pass up.

alas, maybe next time I'll finally get only a choice of Spread Shot

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 12, 2020

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Archenteron posted:

If your act 4 mini-rooms arent "Enter room, hit 4 buttons, everything explodes and dies", I question your build.

Eh my Chirron build often ends up weak in the Cast department which is pretty important for 4; however, it's great at taking out the Big Rats/Crystals/Satyrs which can otherwise take awhile, so I usually suck it up. With Broken Spearpoint and abusing it, you don't take much damage in 4. I've had a few runs where my only Cast was the default bloodstone because I just didn't get an option for it so it made 4 go a lot slower than other weapons.

Chaos Shield yeah just delete everything with dash n toss.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Does the Attack-Hits-Twice hammer-upgrade on the Shield proc Artemis's Seeking Arrows twice?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ragnar34 posted:

Gonna try for a four-pointer from the stands:

When Zag dies, he is in fact born somewhere as an unremarkable child, lives out his life, dies, and comes back having remembered none of it. The length of a mortal life is nothing to the gods or the dead, so the time is nothing to his friends and family. Nobody tells him because it's not like he ever did anything important, he was a mortal, the fun part is when he escapes from the land of the dead again. That's when the Olympians lay their bets, just like always, maybe try to nudge the game one way or the other; and Hades tries to stop you again, for reason's he's already explained. You can't escape death in a way that matters. Not sure where Persephone fits into all this. Maybe she's up top, and you talk to her every time you live another life, and she patiently tells you the whole story again.

It doesn't really fit with Supergiant's usual story beats, but I figure it's plausible.

Possible. I also like the theory someone posted earlier that it's post-modern nuclear/cchange wasteland hellscape outside, which is why persephone is missing/gone, it's always snowing, railguns/grenade launchers, some clues to it being radioactive outside, and hades being weird about it.

although that wouldn't explain the constant stream of souls into the underworld, so probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

LifeLynx posted:

Is it a constant stream or is there just an unusually long line of souls waiting to speak to Hades? Like a lot of souls came there at the same time so it's backed up?

Ah yeah, that could be. I'd just figured everyone woulda been dead and swarmed in if it were so.

We're basically just in :lost::lost::lost: TVIV territory speculation, so who knows.