Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Jossar posted:

Thing I learned over the past 2 runs: Something in the final boss fight technically counts as a trap. With the 400% trap damage booster on, I got dealt 143 damage in a single hit out of nowhere.

Dias posted:

It's the stupid jars, I think, I lost my streak that way, wasn't paying enough attention and all of a sudden I ate 150 damage.

This literally just happened to me moments ago, but he instantly killed me the moment phase 2 started for 144 damage, no jars I could see and no trap damage bonus either. Maybe it's a bug? I would hope instant death like that isn't an intended game mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
Just had my best run so far and I didn't even use any attack boons! spoiler for hidden aspect

has anyone else tried doing boonless runs? Max level shackle gives such a huge damage boost, and tidal dash was a no-brainer since dashes aren't affected by the shackle and most of the damage comes from wall slams which just deleted everything I got close to. Had to take the athena cast though, since regular cast just didn't seem to do enough on its own to be worth it

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

Also his helmet

And the weird horn things on the hydra

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

do Anvils ever do anything besides mortally punish you for your hubris

Sometimes you're having a terrible run and then they do this:

I only realized what I'd done when I pressed y and instantly killed the final boss.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
The narrator reads everything to him.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
I'm so happy and so angry at the same time. Thought I'd try and finally beat EM4, and I breezed through everything, got to dad, got him to a sliver of health on the first try... then died to tight deadline :argh:

So I start another run and it's just the worst. Hera bow with explosive shot on dudes with damage absorption so everything took ages to die and it was just a miserable slog. And then in Styx this happened:

That's the only time I've ever seen Athena's legendary after almost 100 runs and the bow just nuked him. Why do you torture me like this game. Why

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
Playing Hades in EA when it came to steam was a great experience. The game felt basically complete at that point, but every couple of months you'd get like an entire new weapon, or new god, or new characters and story events. It felt like you were getting free dlc, and content updates, and a new chapter of the story, which made everyone feel invested in the game for the long term, which is probably what made the game as popular as it was. I'm guessing Supergiant noticed this too and want to see if they can replicate it.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
Just reached area 3 and where the gently caress am I. What is going on. Holy poo poo.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
I just got banished to Hades 1 by Chronos GOTY game and it's not even finished yet

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I don't understand how the moon stuff works. :negative:

Its basically an upgrade tree that lasts per run. The more "potential" a hex has the more points you get to spend upgrading it each time you see another moon boon.

Also your hex charge resets each room, which really threw me off until i realised what was going on. Gotta spam omega attacks and use it or lose it.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
I can't figure out what the deal is with the cat in the erebus fountain room. It just disappeared after a while and I've never encountered it again. I assume it's a familiar but where did it go and how do I get it?

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

jimmydalad posted:

So with regards this, at some point, it will randomly appear in the starter/in between region area for the Rift of Thessaly on the surface. Feed it the familiar snacks and it will join you.

Oh thanks that would explain it, I keep getting my rear end beat there :negative:

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
The real problem with the torches is that a whole bunch of boons you would think would synergise with the attack actually don't. Like the Apollo magic boon that regens magic when you stand in your cast doesn't work if you're using the torch attack, rendering it useless.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Owl at Home posted:

It pairs great with the Hephaestus special that gives you a chance of +400 hits and the Daedalus hammer bonus that gives you extra flames on that special. Just get in the center of a big cluster of enemies and let it rip

You misunderstand me. I'm talking about the attack being underwhelming, not the special. The attack uses up too much magic and takes too long to charge, and none of the magic regen boons synergise with it.

The attack is all about sustained fire, but you can't easily sustain it, which makes it very hard to use unless you get a very specific set of boons and hammers to 'fix' it.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

it's that doesn't quite deal enough damage to justify the mana cost.

Okay maybe I'm not communicating well but that is literally what I'm talking about! You can't regen magic while attacking, so you run out of it too quickly and the basic attack is too weak, so why bother when you can spam specials?

Easy fix is to just let magic recharge while attacking, even as just a hack fix for the torches only.

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I think this boss needs less HP but shorter fuses on its area attacks or something akin to that to increase the difficulty of the fight but also make it less of a slog. If you get caught by the melee attacks it can make short work of you, but the area stuff you can practically ignore in its current state

Like 90% of the damage I take from him is from his basic attacks. They have a huge hitbox, and after the main hit there's like a secondary shockwave immediately after, so whenever I try to dodge one I inevitably get hit by the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anti-Tachyon
Oct 25, 2010
I've heard it pronounced Heck-ate before but that's definitely not correct lol. Honestly the greek pronunciations are mostly on point... except for Zagreus :v: