Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

October 7, 2018. Packers @ Lions.

Mason Crosby's very bad, two-doink, three-additional-misses game. In which my wife asked with concern in her voice, "Is he okay?"

It was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp
The ending of the 2014 Falcons-Lions game in London was such an immense comedy of errors that I can never forget it. For those who don't remember:

-Lions are trying to come back from a 21-0 deficit at halftime, and managed to bring the score to 19-21 with a hair under 4 minutes left in the 4th.
-Falcons only manage to burn 2 minutes off the clock before punting again
-Lions drive downfield, and with no timeouts left call a run play with only 30 seconds left...
-But are bailed out by Atlanta calling a timeout to stop the clock.
-Detroit calls a run play, again, on third down, and are bailed out again by a defensive holding call on Atlanta.
-With 2 seconds to go, Prater comes out to kick a 43 yard field goal, which goes wide right. Lions lose...
-EXCEPT, a flag comes out for a delay of game penalty, which is a pre-snap penalty and thus cannot be declined by the Falcons.
-Prater kicks the longer 48 yard field goal, it goes through, and the Lions win in spite of their own staggering ineptitude.

~ l i o n s ~

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

I remember watching that game instead of doing homework, that punt has stuck with me forever

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA_BrslALUA

Ravens vs Cards in 2003. Had everything you'd expect in a Ravens game. Ed Reed blocked a punt, recovered it and scored a TD, Chris McAlistar had two picks, one for a long touchdown. Jamal Lewis absolutely blasting apart 8, 9 man fronts. Kyle Boller throwing for 75 yards, 9/18 while Arizona was blatantly leaving receivers uncovered because they knew Boller couldn't hit them. Featuring a rookie Anquan Boldin, which I never realized til now. He'd famously do the heavy lifting in the pass game for a ring with the 2012 Ravens.

I couldn't find the highlights but this sequence of events to come back in the fourth quarter down 10 points was simply incredible. The fg was just icing. This was a game that only the defense needed to show up for. The offense really only hindered the defense, as Boller went 9/18 for 81 yards and 3 ints. Jamal lewis had 116 yards despite 10 men in the box i poo poo you not. How is Jamal not on all time lists. Chester Taylor showing up for an extra 43 yards, he'd go on to be awesome in Minnesota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYwBDGqJb2c

The Pats won the week 10 meeting 23-20 in ot. The game included a savage personal foul from Bradon Merriweather to Todd Heap's head that was of the most egregious I've ever seen. This was a revenge game in which the Ravens thoroughly dismantled a Pats team that was favored to win. Includes some great stuff from Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs. The other Ray that we don't talk about and Willis MacGahee cleaned house. Tom throws all the ugly picks. Revenged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kocghHyhBCI

The most insane game of football I have ever seen aka Joe Flacco dunks all over HoFer Champ Bailey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssoAe45QS5c

The most depressed I have ever been personally after watching a football game. We held peak Peyton Manning to 170 yards, no tds and our offense couldn't score more than six points in a year that we had McNair at QB. I'm still at a loss.

SlipUp fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 17, 2019

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That Redskins game was something. It looked so hopeless until the Ed Reed sack-fumble-TD play. And then the BJ Sams punt return where they faked they were handing it to Deion. And then Deion got a pick after.

It's funny cause I hated Deion Sanders so much when he played for the Redskins in 2000. But I came to really like him when he played for the Ravens. It sucks he only played in 04 and 05 and not on any of our playoff teams the year before or after. But he did record some touchdowns for the Ravens. The Ravens were the only AFC team Deion Sanders played for.

Chester Taylor though. Man. I swear, we could have used him in 2006. Jamal had kind of a down year in that year, his last with us. And Taylor left the year before. Mike Anderson was an alright backup too, but I'm about 80% certain that if we had kept Chester Taylor we would have gotten past the Colts and then won the SB after dusting the Patriots in the AFCCG. Rex Grossman vs that defense would have been something to see. Only problem is, Billick would still be head coach to this day lol. Not that our current one is amazing. But he's willing to take risks at least.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Dec 17, 2019

Notty
Jun 4, 2010
Seahawks@Cardinals. October 23, 2016.

6-6. That's all that needs to be said.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I remember that 09 Pats/Ravens playoff game for different reasons. It was Julian Edelman's coming out party, as he was the only one who played well and hard the whole game. It was probably also the game that sealed Randy's future ship out, as he kinda slept walk thru it and and looked more interested in not getting hurt.

If I recall correctly some make-a-wish-kid made the playcall that was the Ray Rice TD on the opening offensive play.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Kawalimus posted:

That Redskins game was something. It looked so hopeless until the Ed Reed sack-fumble-TD play. And then the BJ Sams punt return where they faked they were handing it to Deion. And then Deion got a pick after.

It's funny cause I hated Deion Sanders so much when he played for the Redskins in 2000. But I came to really like him when he played for the Ravens. It sucks he only played in 04 and 05 and not on any of our playoff teams the year before or after. But he did record some touchdowns for the Ravens. The Ravens were the only AFC team Deion Sanders played for.

Chester Taylor though. Man. I swear, we could have used him in 2006. Jamal had kind of a down year in that year, his last with us. And Taylor left the year before. Mike Anderson was an alright backup too, but I'm about 80% certain that if we had kept Chester Taylor we would have gotten past the Colts and then won the SB after dusting the Patriots in the AFCCG. Rex Grossman vs that defense would have been something to see. Only problem is, Billick would still be head coach to this day lol. Not that our current one is amazing. But he's willing to take risks at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7w_erURFG0

Deion Sanders still had it. This one also has more BJ Sams and Chester Taylor action. With you on us going all the way if we had him in 06. Wish we had Sanders too in 06, that would've been wild to score them both rings but c'est la vie.

I like Harbaugh. The loyalty to his coordinators actually works when he has good coordinators, but the only really good ones I think we've ever had is one year of Gary Kubiak and whatever we get out of Greg Roman, who I hope will stick around to take over the team when Harbaugh's gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ0rklabQyk

One more. Last game in Cowboy Stadium, Mcgahee and McClain bust out massive runs late in the game to seal the game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The MNF game with the Bills and Cowboys. 24 seconds left in the game, Buffalo has an 8 point lead.

They lose in regulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV6YIdTw2r0

Romo threw 5 picks and Cowboys still managed to win lol

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
The 2016 wild card game between the Vikes & Seahawks -- I just remember it being the most "Vikings" game possible in a giant pile of snow, and me pessimistically calling every awful thing before it happened at the end of the game. "Oh he's about to take a big dumb sack I bet" -- yup.

"Oh Walsh is definitely going to shank this kick and we'll lose 10-9", I said as they got the ball back with no time left.

So it was foretold, and so it went. I got very drunk in a Buffalo Wild Wings that day.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Rex Grossman 0 passer rating game

Eagles/Giants Miracle at the Meadowlands 2. Philly getting creamed all of a sudden storms back and then wins on a walkoff punt return, with bonus really angry and confused Tom Coughlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PufejLOdzs

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

The Escape Goat game

https://twitter.com/ddockett/status/275848723794378752

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

:eyepop:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Nodoze posted:

Rex Grossman 0 passer rating game

Eagles/Giants Miracle at the Meadowlands 2. Philly getting creamed all of a sudden storms back and then wins on a walkoff punt return, with bonus really angry and confused Tom Coughlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PufejLOdzs

I don't think you can count one of the most memorable comebacks in recent history as a "random rear end game".

The same reason I didn't include the Monday night massacre, even though in the context of the season it meant very little. It's infamous as Chip Kelly stamping his mark on the NFL by bitching the Redskins in the first Q and having all the Skins D on oxygen

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
That Redskins-Cowboys game in 2005 where Dallas led 13-0 with like four minutes left and conceded two deep bombs from Mark Brunell to lose 14-13.

Also that Redskins-Cowboys game where Dallas was driving late and Romo won it at the horn, but the touchdown was called back for a hold on Orakpo and the game ended.

Also that Cowboys game (boy there's a lot of these huh) where Willis McGahee and Le'Ron McClain closed out Texas Stadium with 75+ yard touchdowns on back-to-back carries.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

corn on the cop posted:

Also that Cowboys game (boy there's a lot of these huh) where Willis McGahee and Le'Ron McClain closed out Texas Stadium with 75+ yard touchdowns on back-to-back carries.

Legend had it that Jerry Jones himself requested to play the Ravens in their final game at Texas Stadium, since the previous year was the year where we lost to the Dolphins and I think won only one road game the entire season(against Trent Dilfer and the 49ers oddly enough). I don't know how true that is but it's funny to think.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Butt Fumble is all I remember.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

CyberPingu posted:

I don't think you can count one of the most memorable comebacks in recent history as a "random rear end game".

The same reason I didn't include the Monday night massacre, even though in the context of the season it meant very little. It's infamous as Chip Kelly stamping his mark on the NFL by bitching the Redskins in the first Q and having all the Skins D on oxygen

Fair. Another one would be that Miami vs Indy MNF game where the Colts won despite losing the time of possession battle like 45-15 or something.

Romo's 5 INT game and still winning anyway vs the Bills probably counts as too memorable too but that poo poo was hilarious. He also had a 500 yard game against the Giants that was awesome to watch

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I remember a game from sometime ago where a guy pulled a guys helmet off and hit him with it!

Wild poo poo

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

seiferguy posted:

There is a reverse of that he where he threw 5 TD against the Broncos and they lost and Cowboys fans still blamed him for it.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

seiferguy posted:

Speaking of Romo throwing 5 picks.... I always remember Bears Cowboys 2012, where Romo threw 5 and following along the GDT was just hilarious with half the thread laughing like crazy about it while the other half was all upset and making any excuse for Romo they could, and as the broadcasted ended with a slo mo laughing Jay Cutler, someone posted "Cutler laughing maniacally, a fitting final shot".... that game was just peak GDT fun for me

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nodoze posted:

Fair. Another one would be that Miami vs Indy MNF game where the Colts won despite losing the time of possession battle like 45-15 or something.

Probably too memorable to count like you said but I can't stop myself from talking about that game when it comes up.

Chad Pennington actually dropped back 35 times that night, he was 22/33 and took 2 sacks. The Dolphins ran 84 offensive plays to Indy's 35. ToP was of course 45:07 to 14:53.

It was obviously the Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams show on the ground, who combined for 43 carries and 44 touches. Even though when the wildcat was new people thought one of the trick plays you might pull off now and then (especially if you're running so effectively) was a little pop pass to a wide open guy the Dolphins never trusted Ronnie to throw that game even though he'd done it several times before then.

Peyton wasn't even terribly efficient which you'd think he must have been. 14/23. It's just so many of those 14 completions went for over 30 yards. He averaged more than 21 yards per completion that night.

That game was beautifully absurd all around.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
2010 Bears vs Jets

Seems like a small game now, but looking back it seemed like this was the one game where Cutler hit his stride and looked like a legit postseason threat. Even though we were only a few years out from a Superbowl appearance, the Bears finally had an offense to go with their defense.

I watched this game while stuck in a doublewide in Gunbarrel City, TX. I got to drink and watch Cutler throw bombs to Knox and Hester - can't beat that.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

The 2002 Steelers-Falcons tie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pR80Qhpna8

Falcons have a field goal blocked, then with 2 seconds left Plaxico Burress catches a Hail Mary. At the 1. One of the guys who tackled him was a receiver sent back to knock down any pass attempts.

I can only find this clip of a 1997 Raiders-Falcons game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwaI8dkMVQI

Most fun game I've attended. George was so hated in Atlanta that he was even booed on every play, including on instant replay. The game was a shootout, too. I did not remember Billy Joe Tolliver playing, though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Just remembered the Lions-Jets game in 2011 (2010?) where Ndamukong Suh had to be an emergency PK on an extra point, which he missed and the Lions ended up losing by one point :shrug:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 18, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

as a Packers fan who was living in Chicago at the time, the game where the Packers hung 55 on the Bears is probably one of my favorite regular season games that didn't really mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. I was at work that night and every time they scored i just got happier and happier.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

I went back and found the video in a backup I made of an old phone and yup, it was this game. Truly amazing

My memory was slightly off, instead of a penalty on the kick there was just another penalty and untimed down before the touchdown. Game still owns

barnold fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Dec 18, 2019

Flooger
Dec 26, 2004

sean10mm posted:

There is a reverse of that he where he threw 5 TD against the Broncos and they lost and Cowboys fans still blamed him for it.

https://youtu.be/4UavFTPssDU

This was a really fun game to watch.

2012 Lions @ Titans 41-44
https://youtu.be/tJAbgOTuKY0

lead changed a ton and the Lions score 2 TDs in 18 seconds to take it to overtime, and Titans get a defensive stop to win. Jake Locker had 400 yards and 2 TDs, and the Titans special teams puts up the other 28 pts. Also the replacement refs were dogshit this entire game.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I remember a Packers Pat's game where Dan Connoly returned a squib kick like 60 yards and fell just short of the goal line.

Mainly remember that because my flatmate came home drunk. Sat on the floor watching it then poured a full pint of water over his head

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

C-Euro posted:

Just remembered the Lions-Jets game in 2011 where Ndamukong Suh had to be an emergency PK on an extra point, which he missed and the Lions ended up losing by one point :shrug:

I've got such a distinct memory of listening to the ending of that game on the radio with my dad as we were driving home from a visit to the DIA.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

CyberPingu posted:

I remember a Packers Pat's game where Dan Connoly returned a squib kick like 60 yards and fell just short of the goal line.

Mainly remember that because my flatmate came home drunk. Sat on the floor watching it then poured a full pint of water over his head

Yep I remember that game, it was the year the Packers won the super bowl. It was a night game and Al and Cris were losing their poo poo over that return.

That was the day Matt Flynn almost beat the Patriots.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The original coming of Fitzmagic when he came in for an injured Jamie Martin against the Texans and led the Joe Vitt coached Rams to a 21 point comeback and won the game in OT

He then went 0-3 the 3 games right after and got traded to Cincinnati a year later

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Burginator posted:

The 2016 wild card game between the Vikes & Seahawks -- I just remember it being the most "Vikings" game possible in a giant pile of snow, and me pessimistically calling every awful thing before it happened at the end of the game. "Oh he's about to take a big dumb sack I bet" -- yup.

"Oh Walsh is definitely going to shank this kick and we'll lose 10-9", I said as they got the ball back with no time left.

So it was foretold, and so it went. I got very drunk in a Buffalo Wild Wings that day.

The amount of whiskey and cigarettes I smoked that day still makes me sick to my stomache.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I often think about a more recent game, Rams VS 49ers last year in week 17. The Rams were super bowl bound and the niners were bottom dwellers with Nick Mullens at quarterback, but you started to see what the niners would turn into when they ran the ball well and racked up masses of yards. The Rams won 42—38 but it was one of the best games of the year and presaged things to come

Also Seahawks jaguars in 2017, that game was dope as hell and ended up with Blake Bortles outthrowing Russ. There were also some funny fights, ejections and tantrums

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Speaking of Rams-Niners, the November 11th, 2012 tie game. That's it, nothing more.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

LiquidFriend posted:

The Bills/Browns game where Derek Anderson completed like 2 passes and won.

That game made me feel shame on just a visceral level.

I felt at the time and still feel that game was a great blasphemy uttered into the cosmos.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The 2016 Seahawks/Cardinals tie was the stuff of legends.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Favre2Lewis in 09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgxSzxIxPrY

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I know it's not a "random game" but the second half of Super Bowl LI was the closest to complete sensory overload I think I've ever come and will ever come for the rest of my life. I got so drunk after the first half that the ending of that game was a veritable out-of-body experience. I was bouncing my head off the wall of my living room out of sheer pent up energetic expression. Really ought to have worn a helmet. Gonna be tough to forget that one, and for more reasons than just 28-3

I don't remember this at all, but one of my buddies says I stood in complete silence with my face in the corner like a kid put in time out after the last regulation touchdown :laffo:

barnold fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The 58-0 Seahawks Cards game pops in my head every so often. I had gotten a badly impacted wisdom tooth pulled the Thursday before and then got incredibly sick by Saturday. I was running a 101 degree fever with a jaw that looked like someone stuffed a lumpy golf ball in face and in ton of pain. I'd also moved back home temporarily and my football grandparents were at that game and texting to make sure I was still alive. It was like an incredibly painful fever dream and I ended up checking to be sure I didn't hallucinate the whole game. It was incredibly surreal.