Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
That Romo/Peyton game where Peyton ran in a TD. Also the last two minutes or so of that Saints/49ers championship game where Alex Smith went beastmode successfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The 2016 Texans/Broncos game where Osweiler made a thrumble, a throw so bad even the Broncos player who picked it up moved as if he believed the ball wasn't live and he'd have to return it.

For some reason, my brain worms make me often think of the game where Ryan Mallett (remember him? No?) got penalized for intentional grounding against the Panthers and it cost us the game. I remember feeling bad for Clowney since it was his first time playing in his home state in the NFL.

The Texans/Jets game where Fitzpatrick was the Jets' quarterback and got concussed running for a touchdown, but tricked the medical staff into letting him come back into the game. Kevin Johnson suplexed someone, I think it was Ivory?

These games meant nothing even at the time, but they pop into my head all the same.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mitch throwing 6 TDs against the Bucs

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
The "Curtis Painter goes to New Orleans game" where the Saints scored like 500 points. Suck for Luck had already been a thing but that game was the pinnacle.

I remember an Onion sports episode from back then with a ticker in the background where the Saints' score just kept going up, but damned if I can find it while phone posting.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Mitch throwing 6 TDs against the Bucs

I was there for that! A rare offensive explosion by the Bears.

This is college, but I will never forget Iowa State @ Nebraska, 2009. The 8 turnover game. ISU wins 9-7 due to an amazing streak of getting turnovers right before Nebraska scored, and essentially one great offensive play to get the lone ISU TD, that of course they missed the XP on. It was the exact opposite of what always happens to ISU. Any normal game, ISU would have lost because of that missed XP. Somehow, someway, the defense always came up with a turnover when they needed it. Highlight being at 1:00 in the video where the receiver is about to walk it into the endzone and then just loses the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzCw6y1yYU

Edit: Of note, ISU ended with 6 wins that year, which meant a bowl game. Without the miracle win, they're home for the bowl season.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Dec 19, 2019

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I only remember the detroit lions kicking a field goal at the end of a game they were down 12 points to cover the spread.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Edward Mass posted:

The game I will always remember is Texans @ Steelers, December 8, 2002.

That entire 2002 Texans season was great. Another memorable game was the very first one, I think the NFL scheduled the Cowboys for game number one so Jerry Jones could put the Houston boys in their place...and the Texans won.

There was so much promise and hope after that year even with David Carr getting squashed flat. That positivity died after year three when they had the first pick again, and except for the Bulls on Parade year in 2011 it’s been gone since.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

No Irish Need Imply posted:

That Romo/Peyton game where Peyton ran in a TD. Also the last two minutes or so of that Saints/49ers championship game where Alex Smith went beastmode successfully.

After the game an interviewer asked Peyton what the trick was to successfully running that play and he said something along the lines of "only run it once every fifteen years."

Also Ryan Mallet was Tim Tebow if you replaced Tebow's legs with old time pirate peg legs.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

No Irish Need Imply posted:

The cowboys won this game didnt they, I think he only played Peyton on the Colts once that I can remember and they won

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
I'll always remember Raven'Cards from week 2 this year. Jackson had 272 passing yards with 2 pass TDs and 120 rush yards, Andrews had a 100 yard game, McPhee had a good game back on the team, and I was on a double drip of high concentration morphine/ketamine to the point I thought I was watching the game in the woods with the forest people.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
That Ravens Chargers game in 2012 where Ray Rice was a good yard short of the first down on 4th and 24 but the refs gave it anyway because Lewis had to win a SB in his retirement year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My dad still has this game on VHS sitting on some shelf somewhere because to this day he loving hates Jerry Glanville. It is an extended comedy of old-school NFL rivalry poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys_w4ZPedIc

quote:

So with the Bengals up 45-0 in the fourth quarter, Wyche calls for an onside kick and, go figure, the Oilers weren't expecting it and Cincy recovered. [Wyche] does opt to sit Boomer [Esiason], his star QB, and backup Erik Wilhelm end ups up throwing on fourth down near midfield and the Bengals score to go up 52-0. With the lead trimmed to 52-7, Wyche goes for a fake-reverse and a halfback option pass and they pull ahead, 59-7. There was also a fake-field goal attempts in there somewhere and ultimately with 21 seconds left he called timeout for a final field goal, capping the 61-7 blowout."

And it was clear that even with the 54-point win, Wyche was PISSED.

"We don't like this team," he said. "We don't like their people. When you get a chance to do it (run up the score), you do it. I wish today this was a five-quarter game."

And ...

"Jerry is an unusual coach. "Drop me a note if somebody likes this guy."

"I just don't like Jerry Glanville," Wyche said. "I don't like phonies, and I don't think Jerry is a very genuine guy. The cheap shots they tried after our quarterback was down, their big mouths. Jerry tries coming up and talking to me before the game and when the cameras start rolling he puts his arm around you and smiles behind those dark glasses. When your football team is so talented and yet so undisciplined, you got to be ready to get kicked and the score run up on you. And that's exactly what happened today ... I feel sorry for the Houston players having to put up with him. He can take that hit-the-beach stuff and take it back to high school or wherever he got it from. He's a joke."

I want coaches to start doing post-game wrestling promos again

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNwv4GUD8aA

I still think about this game and this radio call a lot. The dejection by the radio announcer is just amazing.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

CyberPingu posted:

That Ravens Chargers game in 2012 where Ray Rice was a good yard short of the first down on 4th and 24 but the refs gave it anyway because Lewis had to win a SB in his retirement year

He was NOT short. The yellow line was wrong, by like a full yard. Watch the play again and look at the actual first down marker. He got it easily.

I used to say he was short too. He wasn't.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Kawalimus posted:

I used to say he was short too. He wasn't.

I mean that's a different argument...

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I want coaches to start doing post-game wrestling promos again

Wyche owned.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the one year in which Historical Average Rutgers University was very good, I remember the game they beat louisville on a Jeremy Ito kick with a few seconds left. i always really liked that team and then ray rice turned out to be, uh, not good

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

It was 4th and 29 and Rice got the first down. I remember that play because A) that's the most Chargers poo poo imaginable, to choke away an easily manageable situation like that and B) Weddle got absolutely smeared into the grass by Boldin during that play.

The one that doesn't really matter but it comes to mind anyway is when the Chargers beat the Seahawks in SD the year after Seattle won the SB. it was some stupid bullshit like 120 degrees on the field because it was hot as poo poo in September. They ended up winning in part because they held onto the ball for like 42 mins and the Legion of Boom couldn't get off the field to save their lives.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Ryan Mallet talk makes me remember 2015, when the Ravens (5-11) swept the Steelers (10-6) and Mallet started the home game against them 10 days after signing with Baltimore. He threw for 274 yards and a TD while Big Ben threw for 220 yards, 0 TDs and 2 INTs :getin:

Durandal1707 posted:

It was 4th and 29 and Rice got the first down. I remember that play because A) that's the most Chargers poo poo imaginable, to choke away an easily manageable situation like that and B) Weddle got absolutely smeared into the grass by Boldin during that play.

gently caress Jerry Rice and Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin and Steve Smith Sr. are the top two WRs of all-time

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
v glad ross is dead so we dont gotta hear him bitch about that ravens/chargers 4th down some more.

Nodoze posted:

The cowboys won this game didnt they, I think he only played Peyton on the Colts once that I can remember and they won
wrong on both counts, watch a game own hard (in highlight form) :) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa0L17SBiG8

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I will always remember the Romo/Peyton game as the moment that interception was thrown I knew Romo was going to be blamed for the loss and how much complete bullshit that would be.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The Browns-Steelers game in december 2011 where Colt McCoy got absolutely shithoused by Harrison and got sent back in with an obvious concussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals/Dolphins yesterday.
While the other two out of the four worst teams in the league also played each other. Both games ended 35-35 in regulation/went to OT.