Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My dad still has this game on VHS sitting on some shelf somewhere because to this day he loving hates Jerry Glanville. It is an extended comedy of old-school NFL rivalry poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys_w4ZPedIc

quote:

So with the Bengals up 45-0 in the fourth quarter, Wyche calls for an onside kick and, go figure, the Oilers weren't expecting it and Cincy recovered. [Wyche] does opt to sit Boomer [Esiason], his star QB, and backup Erik Wilhelm end ups up throwing on fourth down near midfield and the Bengals score to go up 52-0. With the lead trimmed to 52-7, Wyche goes for a fake-reverse and a halfback option pass and they pull ahead, 59-7. There was also a fake-field goal attempts in there somewhere and ultimately with 21 seconds left he called timeout for a final field goal, capping the 61-7 blowout."

And it was clear that even with the 54-point win, Wyche was PISSED.

"We don't like this team," he said. "We don't like their people. When you get a chance to do it (run up the score), you do it. I wish today this was a five-quarter game."

And ...

"Jerry is an unusual coach. "Drop me a note if somebody likes this guy."

"I just don't like Jerry Glanville," Wyche said. "I don't like phonies, and I don't think Jerry is a very genuine guy. The cheap shots they tried after our quarterback was down, their big mouths. Jerry tries coming up and talking to me before the game and when the cameras start rolling he puts his arm around you and smiles behind those dark glasses. When your football team is so talented and yet so undisciplined, you got to be ready to get kicked and the score run up on you. And that's exactly what happened today ... I feel sorry for the Houston players having to put up with him. He can take that hit-the-beach stuff and take it back to high school or wherever he got it from. He's a joke."

I want coaches to start doing post-game wrestling promos again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU