Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I enjoy "Doctor Who"

I like the wig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Curse of Fenric seen.

Needs more alien zombie vikings, because there was a sore lack of them

The Doctor was an absolute delight from start to finish

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

docbeard posted:

The Doctor, in full view of everyone, simultaneously forging two letters which he then uses to establish himself and Ace as being completely authorized to be at this top secret military base is one of Doctor Who's perfect moments.

More of that and less Psychic Paper would've been nice for the new series - just have the Doctor pull a thick sheaf of papers out of his pocket at any given moment - same result, but more dramatic

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It's that time of year again

https://twitter.com/bluebox99/status/1209528855188389888

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Zaroff posted:

And then after that they go straight to Earth!

Or an alien planet that looks suspiciously like a rock quarry on earth

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I still miss the fluffy hair and attack eyebrows

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Once Chibnall stopped writing, the episodes were really good - outliers being The Woman Who Fell To Earth and Resolution, imo

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

You never forget your first Doctor, and that was Nine for me

Namely on account of my first Doctor Who experience being the 50th Anniversary and I was so lost and confused to the point I literally couldn't tell Ten and Eleven apart when they were in the same room

So I went back to the start of the revival and was even more confused when Nine opened the door and introduced himself

It was a fun introduction to the series

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The reveal was great, but then he started giggling and bouncing around, which...wasn't that great

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1213115776263213058

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 3, 2020

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

Staring with awe at Delgado's goatee, wondering why he's never been able to get it quite so good since then.

Can confirm goatees are a nightmare to maintain, but I did get complimented on mine at New Years

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Aren't we supposed to be getting an episode centered around the Holocaust this series?

That's gonna be a fun minefield to navigate - or did people hear rumors of World War II and immediately said HOLOCAUST while it's just some Nazis showing up here?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

60th Anniversary: Day of the Doctors

Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, River, Simms, Gomez, and Dhawan team up to unscrew Gallifrey

The Timeless Child is Tom Baker, completely unscripted

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The beard may be considered a war crime

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerusalem posted:

The bit where the Master storms into the big hangar just loving PISSED that he's spent 77 years slowboating to get back to this spot and don't you loving humans do anything else goddammit I just got back here :argh: was just great.

Made even better of course by the fact that 2 seconds later the Doctor shows up and spoils all his plans :allears:

Every time a villain gets rid of the Doctor, they stop to gloat and bask in their victory, and then the Doctor saunters in, having already stopped their plan before it even began

Cue apoplectic rage while mentally screaming obscenities at time travel as a mechanic being used right for a change

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Yvonmukluk posted:

I kind of think it'd be hilarious for Dhawan's Master maybe deciding to piggyback of his past-self-as-Mister Saxon's paradox machine in 2007 to try and change stuff, only to get stopped by the Doctor springing Missy from her cell in the same time period help stop him. Although perhaps rather convoluted.

But they've not got a free excuse for him to show up in historical episodes set between 1943 and the present.

Kinda like that joke of the Doctor occasionally pointing her Sonic over her shoulder to thwart whatever plan [Villain the Week] is trying to set up in the background, except this time it's the Master trying to hitch a ride through time

...no wait, Jack already did that in Series 3

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rhyno posted:

Man, the part in Husbands of River Song where she goes the eff off in front of the Doctor before she knows it's him is really kind of sad. But very sweet when she figures it outs.

"My entire understanding of physical space has been transformed! Three-dimensional Euclidean geometry has been torn up, thrown into the air, and snogged to death! My grasp of the universal constants of physical reality has been changed... forever. Sorry... I've always wanted to see that done properly."

The fact he literally looks at the camera cracks me up every time - I never get tired of seeing the actors walk that line between character and themselves

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Yaz cockblocking a marriage proposal was...uh...hmmm...

Felt rather tasteless, even if she had no way of knowing about it

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, I was wondering if they'd bring up her respiratory bypass, but no. :/

When was that a thing again?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'll watch all the episodes, but that doesn't mean I like or enjoy all of them, and will likely never watch them again, but it doesn't make me any more or less of a fan for doing so

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Doctor going from "Don't kill them, we need to know what they are" to "we're going to blow them all up" was a bit of a trip

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/DrNeilMatthews/status/1220034040356655104

hah

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rochallor posted:

I'm a steadfast (and only) supporter of Wholigans. Largely because it only works in print.

Wholigadier :eng101:

:eng99:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Jodie has confirmed she’s in another season after this one.

3 Series has been the norm since 2006, so I'm curious if they'll keep to that or break the mold a little more

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm glad I saw this blind because that was amazing

Jack smooching Graham might be the highlight of 13's run for me

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for the reveal of the Master disguising himself as the Doctor

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Look at this gorgeous shot. My new phone lock screen.

The ROUND THINGS! I love the round things!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Imagine Ruth's TARDIS with Eleven and Twelve's mood lighting

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Getting spoiled on Jack and then blindsided by Ruth was amazing

"Oh you thought THAT was the big reveal? SURPRISE!"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Anyone remember Aramu?

...anyone? :ohdear:

Vinylshadow fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 4, 2020

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

marktheando posted:

Tupac's middle name?

Even I don't remember that his name was actually Aramu :eng99:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

It was...an episode

Felt rather middle of the road and didn't feel like much happened, even though they sealed away two gods with an imaginary monster

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

What's in the takeout box?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Feels a little too yellow

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Astroman posted:

I hope to God that they did a photo of David and Matt with the 9 cardboard cutout...

Or with Wax Statue Tom Baker

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I got mild Chimes of Midnight vibes from the "people dying in a spooky mansion" premise

The Doctor's responses to getting flirted at were great too

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm here for the Nun doing Eleven's dance

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

To the half-dozen people it matters to, all four seasons of Torchwood are back on BBC's iPlayer

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Build-a-Who

Would love to see a Twelve or Eight though

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I found Class inoffensive, although I was disappointed it went to audio plays after the reveal at the end of the last episode

OgNar posted:

Bears don't wear a fez.

Why ya gotta do Bongo the Bear dirty like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Donna being able to rein in the Doctor was a lot of fun

Jerusalem posted:

Anthony Ainley shows up.

Doctor: Wait... didn't you die.
Ainley: Nope!
Doctor: ...no... I mean didn't you REALLY die?
Ainley: Nope!

*fancy black car with silver trim rolls up and the window rolls down*
Delgado: Get in losers, we're bringing back the Classic era