Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was always bad
AEW was always bad and is berried forever
NXT was always bad and is berried forever
HHH, the best at wrestling, was always good but is berried forever
I just want to see the results
View Results

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Please post about the Wednesday Night Wars ratings in here so that when I read the AEW thread on Thursday and Friday it's not 90% Ratings chat.

2019 December 18:
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1207776988192071680

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Look, I just want to see HHH and Cody make out on live TV, and make out HARD!. The ratings are just the gravy that is their wet tongue sauce splashing on our faces, the loyal Nielson family.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
The ratings help me decide if the billion dollar corporation I am supporting is winning, and thus if my life has meaning.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

As a tv ad exec, I

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The mad scramble to defend losing a single week has been really good.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
1 hr before the ratings hit: I live for wednesday nights

1h after the ratings hit: The show is just not that good anymore and here are my 20 main issues with it

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Midnightghoul posted:

The ratings help me decide if the billion dollar corporation I am supporting is winning, and thus if my life has meaning.

This but uniro...poo poo this is a tough one to unpack.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Back in elementary school my 6th grade class were all WCW fans, so us cool kids called ourselves the NWO and started too sweeting each other and saying that we were "4 Lyfe".

The other 6th grade class were WWF fans and started calling themselves DX and doing crotch chops and telling us to "suck iiiiiittt!"

I am glad some things haven't changed and I still put much of my self worth and personal identity behind pro wrestlers.

Seriously though only one company got me to buy bottles of sparkling wine because of something their world champion says, so I think we know who the REAL winner is here.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Denied. Ratings (and politics) are part of wrestling and you can't just cast them off to some thread to die. It must live on in the main thread.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Denied. Ratings (and politics) are part of wrestling and you can't just cast them off to some thread to die. It must live on in the main thread.

yes you can because you cannot demonstrate that ratings and good wrestling have any relation.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

coconono posted:

yes you can because you cannot demonstrate that ratings and good wrestling have any relation.

I can't hear you. I'm busy putting together a ratings chart to post in the main AEW thread.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I can't hear you. I'm busy putting together a ratings chart to post in the main AEW thread.

drat YOU JACK

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I really love AEW and want them to do well and increase their fanbase and make a lot of money then have the workers unionize...ok that last one is wishful thinking.
I want WWE to die in an inferno of molten poo poo.
I need metrics.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

metrics like all numbers arre made up bull poo poo i will blue thunder bomb them to death

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
on the one hand i have a bunch of obsolete knowledge abt tv ratings and viewership that i could use to spin up some righteous nonsense abt holiday weeks, political engagement levels of fanbases, and takeover-grade shows on regular-rear end television

on the other hand who gives even a single poo poo watch what you watch no one wins in capitalism and we’re all gna die regardless

happpy holidays wh2k/psp/rr~

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

All of the ratings are well over 9000 so there is nothing to worry about.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
TV ratings have been made public knowledge. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm rating (heh!) this thread 1 golden manbaby

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

jungle boy disrespected this thread and that's desrves the PENALTY

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

The mad scramble to defend losing a single week has been really good.

Yeah and it was a lot of fun the other 11 times too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not bad but switcheroo jokes are overdone on the internet.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I'm rating (heh!) this thread 1 golden manbaby

Incredible, it'd been so long since I'd seen a "golden manbaby" post that I had to open SAclopedia, also for the first time in nearly 10 years, to remind myself of what golden manbabies are

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i don't care about nxt vs aew but seeing two absolutely stacked rosters barely able to draw 1.5 million people combined (and dropping every single week) makes me really depressed about the state of american professional wrestling

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not even combined because some of those are the same that flipped between channels.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
I still have a facebook for some reason and its almost funny to see how WWE fans react when NXT wins the night. But I am curious are these just live numbers or Live and same night DVR?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

there is too much wrestling on, it is too diluted

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the ratings and life are one no demarcation

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I don’t even watch dynamite or raw I just like to watch numbers go up or down

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i demand not faith but nielsen

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
12/25

NXT: 831k
AEW: 0k

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Is 500k what TNT was expecting for AEW? I'm just watching to see if they can stay above that number.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
How many AEW is dead threads do we need?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Macksy posted:

How many AEW is dead threads do we need?

as many as it takes to get the joke out our system.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this one is not clear enough about being where you're supposed to say "AEW is dead." if the title of this thread is changed to reflect the intended content then i will close the "Thread for saying AEW is dead"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

workshopping a new title, i came up with, "Wednesday Night Wars Ratings Chat: Thread for saying AEW is dead"

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010

Midnightghoul posted:

12/25

NXT: 831k
AEW: 0k

You cannot defeat the WWE universe. While you were drinking with your friends on Thanksgiving Eve, they were watching NXT. While you were opening presents with your family and eating Christmas dinner, they were watching an NXT recap show of matches they watched 2 weeks ago. On New Years Day while you watch college bowl games and recover from your hangover they will be watching NXT to see who wins Overall Competitor of the Year at the NXT Year-End Awards.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Sean Ross Sapp is already touting this as a great victory for the NXT.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

What was on TV during Christmas that could have pulled ratings?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

What was on TV during Christmas that could have pulled ratings?

the football game? Its A Wonderful Life(great movie)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantherWill
Feb 23, 2013
Reading the ratings in a more entertaining way:

NXT: 831,000 .22 in the demo
TNT's 7 PM showing of A Christmas Story in AEW's normal time slot: 1,030,000 .32 in the demo