Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
United probably would have been a poor fit for Haaland, he's the kind of striker that thrives alongside creative midfielders and wingers and lack of midfield creativity is United's biggest issue offensively atm. Additionally United has a lot of young strikers and while Greenwood is still absolutely too green (heyyyy), Rashford/Martial are still both looking very good and are still quite young. I'm not sure adding a 19yo, however promising, should be the priority.

Granted he's good in the air which United lack atm, but that's about the only place where the puzzle-piece fits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Brony Car posted:

Are Salzburg that dominant in their own league? After selling Haaland and Minamino, I'd avoid selling Hwang Hee-Chan until at least next summer.

They're dominant but they could easily lose first if they all go. Daka is a near 1 to 1 Haaland replacement and is scoring loads of goals in the league though not quite as much as Haaland, and Koita has a decent scoring record. Daka could be good because ready-made replacement but could also be bad because even if it's the Austrian league his stats are still so good I could see a team swoop in for him as well which would be extremely lol.

As for Minamino and Hee-Chan they should be much bigger problems (assuming Daka stays) because they're Salzburg's primary creative outlets. Minamino is Salzburg's only proper winger, and they have basically nobody else that plays naturally on the right like he does - all their other goal/assist providers are CFs or play on the left. Okugawa and Szoboszlai are doing alright but they'd definitely need to strengthen the squad in these positions.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Xabi posted:

Impressing list but you forgot to mention Fergie’s hand-picked successor.

Hint: a winner who doesn’t win but is a winner.

I think you'll find he led his team to a triumphant draw away to Top 5 Team Sheffield United this weekend OP

Wait hold on, I'm hearing...no...that can't be right...

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

curried lamb of God posted:

Has he been bad this season? That's a shockingly low price, and while Villareal is no slouch, I would've expected to see him signing with one of the big three, or at least Valencia or Sevilla.

Injuries might have scared bigger clubs away. His goals+assist record is really good as are his g+a/minutes played, but his actual total minutes played since arriving at Dortmund and especially this season is very low. In 1.5 seasons at Dortmund he's had a bunch of injuries and he's only 26. Even if they don't keep him completely out that long, they're still severely limiting his gametime. For example, if you look at transfermarkt it'll say he only missed 7 games since his september injury, but that only accounts for fully missed games and not the fact he has played barely 130 minutes as a sub since then - even if he didn't straight-up miss these games he clearly wasn't super fit.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm lmaoing hard at Ighalo

I thought King was desperate panic level but they sure topped it

However I'm sure the low low bargain bin price is actually a big win placing Manchester United at the top of the FFP table! Woodward has learned a lot from Kroenke and Levy about that I'm sure.