Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

So pretty much what I said, he goes on the team sheet as “RB” but he isn’t a defender
This must be the most pointless nitpicking ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

blue footed boobie posted:

He’s not that bad, really. He’s very limited but is kind of useful as a utility player. I think he was frozen out because he was hilariously overpaid. He’s not so bad that he shouldn’t get any playing time with this awful Arsenal team.
I hadn’t heard that he was overpaid. Most likely he was loaned out because there are like four players ahead of him in the pecking order. Used to drop back into defense all the time to help out. None of the existing midfielders do it as frequently. It’s Emery’s own folly to not see a role for a player like him.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

My guess is United wanted to keep him for another year at a drastically reduced wage, which makes sense.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Jfc lol

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I thought they weren't supposed to (officially) discuss terms with the player without the transfer fee being agreed?
It used to be taboo. Arsenal accused Chelsea of “tapping up” Ashley Cole back in the day.

These days it’s assumed that a player talks to whomever they want and there’s no stopping it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Benayoun was a great loan. Didn’t play much but ran his socks off every time he came on.