Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Bundy posted:

Reports are Raiola wanted a buyout clause and % of fee which United flatly (and rightly imo) refused.

Surely that depends on what the buyout and % were

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sassassin posted:

Genclerbirligi

Lol come on

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Where are all th Arsenal transfer rumors, when will the replacements for Mustafi and Luiz be announced?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

brocked posted:

They're supposedly looking at some 23yo center half from Shaktar

Can't be worse than signing no one!

Big Huski Boi posted:

We have been very strongly linked with Layvin Kurzawa, an apparently awful left back for PSG who just so happens to be represented by Kia Joorabchian, close friend of both Raul Sanllehi and Edu. There have been some stories today linking us to a Ukrainian CB but it seems like agent talk. That's it.

I saw the Kurzawa stuff and it seems very dumb, just keep playing Saka for now

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
I remember him looking better than that, though it's been awhile so may be misremembering. If he's fit, give him some minutes imo.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I think Arteta demands anyone playing for Arsenal to put a shift in so even when Ceballos looked good he wasn't a workhorse. The eastern european CB Arsenal are linked with was a previous City shortlist target so may be something in it.

Ozil doesn't need to play every minute, Ceballos on for him shouldn't be a downgrade at workrate (even with Ozil getting unfairly maligned about it) and may help the midfield a little better defensively without going for the nearly worthless attacking trio of Xhaka/Torreira/Guendouzi. But yeah, if Arteta has decided not to make the move permanent, probably makes more sense to play a kid there than a loanee.

Excited for the Ukrainian defender I've never heard of, and to never see Mustafi in a league match again :pray:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Bea Nanner posted:

poor guy has no idea what hes in for

Becoming a nailed on starter if he's anything better than mediocre. But Spanish CB playing in Brazil doesn't sound super promising :/

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

Absolutely I would

Seriously, I'd be really excited lol

I guess the wages and contract length they'd realistically get would have us regretting it before long, but a Stones or Otamendi on like a 2 year contract would be awesome, even if the wages are dumb.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

Arsenal confirmed Cedric Soares today, loan until the end of the season. Probably going to be made permanent unless he completely flops.

lol apparently he had a foot injury beginning of January, may not be fit for 3 weeks. Arsenal.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

He's expected to be fit by the next game after Burnley, which he never would've participated in anyway.

Yeah it doesn't really matter, but it's very Arsenal, and I'm now expecting him to aggravate it and be out til April

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

brocked posted:

Best loanee since Benayoun!

Ha, I forgot about Yossi, and even now I still can't quite remember him doing anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Big Huski Boi posted:

Benayoun was great for Arsenal, he even captained the team once.

I don't remember him being bad, just no specific memorable things like Kallstrom had, for example