Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

oliwan posted:

What's wrong op? I agree with you

Some people don’t like being hit on, oliwan! Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Thankfully for other ambitious clubs, even Barca and Real have limits on how many players they can have on their squad.

Until Liverpool somehow recreate La Masia on Merseyside, which seems unlikely, Liverpool will always have to buy well and try to look for value. City being able to tap into a bottomless well of cash and other big clubs being 1-2 good transfer windows away from overtaking Liverpool means resting on one's laurels isn't an option.

Bundy posted:

This is highly revisionist, Ferguson forced Beckham out after being fed up with his celebrity poo poo. It was Ronaldo's "childhood dream" to play for Real Madrid.

How much did his wife's career benefit or slide because he was in Madrid? I read that he made his move to the LA Galaxy earlier than predicted partly to help her Hollywood celebrity aspirations. He could have lit up Serie A or gone back to England for a bit before going to the US.

EvilHawk posted:

My main concern is the defence because we have zero good left backs at the club beyond Robertson and there's a gaping hole at center back. I would like to see us make a move for a young CB in January (even if we loan them back) to try and shore up that position for the future.

I agree on the fullback issue. Milner will eventually age out and the club is generally too dependent on Alexander-Arnold and Robertson. Having a quality back-up or competition would be a massive boost.

With regard to the CB spots, I've read that Klopp and Co. have high hopes for Ki-Jana Hoever. Hopefully Van Der Berg develops well too.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Strawman posted:

He was great the 20% of the time he was fit.

Remember the post-Benitez months when Purslow let Aurelio go because he was a sick note and then Hodgson scrambled to get him back before the season started because they didn't have enough money to buy anyone else? Good times.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

He played for us in the MLS offseason on the same team as Pirlo and Ronaldinho and let me tell you, it owned. I don’t remember if the galaxy paid his salary but it was an insane bargain even if they didn’t.

I watched some of those Milan matches. Beckham dealt with aging pretty well so I think he could have swung some more time in Europe if he didn't have other priorities. I'm sure the Designated Player money was a big plus, but going to the US when he did still seemed like a waste.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Eddie Howe is a saint or easily led or both.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

"Them" being the female population of the Netherlands

Dutch women are hot, so good for Alan.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

If only they won that stupid final. :(

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

It turns out that Xhaka isn't the Arsenal midfielder that's about to transfer to Milan
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1210523527700471809

Is he bad? I can’t remember who’s blameworthy anymore.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

If he's better than Sam Surridge he will. And he must be, Surridge is useless. Borja Baston is back off to Spain by the looks of it, and our chairman's notes from the weekend put in a not very subtle message about us either selling big players in January or the academy is being downgraded/shut down. Ayew's been playing like he's got a shop window all to himself so fingers crossed him and his £80k a week are off, and his goals with him. We don't have any other strikers except old Wayne Routledge. Nothing in our own academy ready to go, Liam Cullen was second top scorer in PL2 behind Brighton's Aaron Connolly last season, but he's moaning little poo poo and I don't think he's up to the next step.

Not sure we can afford what you want for Brewster unless there are departures, and there's other clubs interested who are in a better position to gamble for promotion than us, and playing better football as well. We're loving dire under Cooper (who Brewster played for with England babies?).

Klopp rates Brewster and even Dortmund were sniffing around for him, but the kid needs actual playing time and he's not going to get the minutes he really needs just staying at Liverpool unless a massive injury crisis arises. I don't think Liverpool are looking to sell yet given the kid's potential, but he does need more development time. Hopefully he does the business for Swansea.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Liverpool's youth setup is dogshit, I wouldn't trust any player coming out of it.

Please don't tell Eddie Howe.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

Chong needs minutes

So does Lingard!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

Lingard needs help to get his head on straight, his personal life is all over the place atm.

As someone who doesn't watch United regularly, I thought the guy showed some promise and at least had good instincts for where to be to get a jammy goal. Then it was like he hit a development wall in the middle of last season. It sounds like he has been majorly distracted with both serious family stuff (like his mom's(?) illness) and that hideous fashion label of his but it's not like he's beyond hope right now.

It seems like the perils of being at a young player at a big club like United. If Lingard was still at Birmingham making decent - but not Manchester United - money, I wonder if he'd be looking a lot better, or at least more focused and with less social media hijinks. Would anyone be trying to get JLingz off the ground without that Manchester United cachet to try to tap?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Are Salzburg that dominant in their own league? After selling Haaland and Minamino, I'd avoid selling Hwang Hee-Chan until at least next summer.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

They might not have a choice of these other clubs are just activating release clauses (and the players all choose to leave).

They can't just ignore those clauses like Big John Henry would?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

Sounds like Man United are at the front of the line for Emre Can.

You take that back! HANDSOME EMRE WILL ALWAYS BE A SCOUSER.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/SheffieldUnited/status/1213075695238307840
sounds like they're going to play him as one of the overlapping CBs

Poor Chris Wilder. :( I don’t think this was a smart move.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Gigi Galli posted:

Seems like it; he's like Sarri-lite in that he's got his favorites but unlike Sarri, he's got more than 2 formations to work with and is willing to change if necessary. He's also an ex footballer so I feel like he relates more to them. A good ex footballer even.

I thought Conte only burned out at Chelsea because he wanted to engage in some heavy transfer spending and the Chelsea hierarchy were trying to ramp back. I don't remember reports of the players hating him. It sounded more like Conte deciding to phone it in after he saw he wouldn't get the financial backing he wanted.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Der Shovel posted:

Moyes was never anyone's hand picked successor. He was the last minute panic appointment when the real hand-picked successor (Mourinho) fell through.

I don't remember this.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bundy posted:

Word is Woodward is arguing over £50m +£10m other payments (United offer) vs £64m as asked by Sporting.

Ed I will loving cut you...

Is he good? I've never seen him play.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
What happened to Mean Bean Machine? I’d like to know what he thinks about Fernandes.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Freddy Adu dated Jojo. They were America’s Posh & Becks.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
To be fair, I think Shrapnac has a point. I don’t know enough about Fernandes to think he’s worth all this trouble. The hijinks aren’t even amusing in the “Odemwingie waiting in a parking lot,” or “secret meeting in Blackpool with Klopp,” way.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Let’s talk Newcastle ownership transfer drama

Is there any reason to believe this isn’t the usual made-up ownership interest story designed to distract restless fans from a lack of winter transfers?

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 26, 2020

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

My name is Antero Henrique. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

In all seriousness, what do you know about this guy? Was he good for PSG?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

We was also the responsible for transfers and scouting at Porto in 00's and early 10's, the guy might be one of the best around.those teams where more than Mourinho Magic.

Well, it sounds like he should stay away from United for the sake of the sport.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Who is Fernandes supposed to supplant? Pogba? Fred? Matic? Lingard?

vyelkin posted:

tbh Juve should probably be paying Dortmund 30m to get rid of Emre Can

You really hate Emre. It makes me sad.

Given that Juve got the guy for free, I don’t see any good coming from getting too greedy about the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Total Meatlove posted:

Could have gone to a less competitive league like the Prem tbf

Any league with Dan James is the most competitive league in the world!