Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Brony Car posted:

He could have lit up Serie A or gone back to England for a bit before going to the US.

He played for us in the MLS offseason on the same team as Pirlo and Ronaldinho and let me tell you, it owned. I don’t remember if the galaxy paid his salary but it was an insane bargain even if they didn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mario Mandzukic has joined Qatari team Al Duhail. No price I can find.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

French newspapers are saying that Rabiot is trying to force a transfer in January because he's not getting enough minutes. Arsenal have been mentioned as the destination.

If he’s willing to go to arsenal i don’t know why the motherfucker gazidis isn’t after him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

It turns out that Xhaka isn't the Arsenal midfielder that's about to transfer to Milan
https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1210523527700471809

:shepicide:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I was wondering how the hell he wasn't playing but it looks like he's been out on loan in Turkey for a while. I'm sure Arsenal would be happy to get him off the books.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sourdough posted:

Surely that depends on what the buyout and % were

It’s Raiola so low on the first and astronomical on the second.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Cutrone was pulled from the Wolves match day squad at the last minute, a lot of speculation that he's about to finalize a move to Fiorentina

I know why he didn’t get much game time but that’s a shame. I was hoping he’d do better.

Will be cool to see him and Chiesa though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Valon Behrami is heading back to Genoa just a few months after he left FC Sion by terminating his contract early. Seems a bit of a gamble but it’s a free transfer.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Perin back to Genoa (on loan, I imagine permanent at the end). Bad for Juve, as they’ll need a new backup keeper after this year but good for him as he’s too good to be a backup.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Radu's agent is already stirring up poo poo about trying to get him a transfer this month lol

I think even before the coaching debacle there were rumors that nobody was really happy with Radu's performances anyway. He was on his way out already I think.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

tao of lmao posted:

He didn’t get much game time because we went back to being primarily 343 again instead of 352 and Raul has held the CF position on lock.

Yeah I was getting at the fact that the players in Wolves' current starting lineup are much better suited to playing in that formation and also are proven to perform well in those positions. Just didn't work out for Cutrone is all.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I wonder what the odds are he ever actually plays for Juve

With Sarri, probably next to nothing. But I don’t expect Sarri to last that long.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Brony Car posted:

Are Salzburg that dominant in their own league? After selling Haaland and Minamino, I'd avoid selling Hwang Hee-Chan until at least next summer.

Looks like they're top of the table, two points above 2nd but 12 above 3rd. They haven't lost a game.

I can't imagine another team in Austria has as much money as them though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ibra’s on a six month contract with an option to renew if he performs for next year. Last time we did this we got Beckham who was actually great until he did his Achilles. It can’t get much worse so this seems fine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Der Shovel posted:

He fulfills the two necessary categories ATM:

[x] is alive
[x] is not Nemanja Matic

E: apparently Juve have offered 53 million + Emre Can for Pogba, which IMO is about 30-40 million too little in today's market. Unless they value Emre Can at 50-60 million, which would be the most Juve thing.

It would but also Pogba: Manchester United Edition is fairly loving bad

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan could probably use him, every midfielder we have except Bonaventura is poo poo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I watched a lot of Man U over the holidays, you couldn't use him OP

Well then I’m sure Gazidis is on the phone right now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

T Bowl posted:

Speaking of Salzburg, does anyone know why they are more dominate than a team in Vienna? I know the reasons Berlin doesn't really have a great team to compete with Munich but I have no clue why Vienna couldn't support something better.

I do know historically Vienna has had some stronger teams but it seems in recent years Salzburg has taken over.

I think the big Red Bull in front RB Salzburg's name might be a start.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

T Bowl posted:

Purchased in 2005 and won the league a year later, I guess so huh. I wonder then if we will be seeing Leipzig as a dominate force in Germany very soon, as I know they started from nothing.

Take a look at the current Bundesliga standings op.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Borini supposedly on his way to Hellas.

He may be a bit poo poo but nobody deserves that.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Conte turns mediocre players in to good ones; he’s been doing it since he was at Juventus and even before at lower levels. This is exactly why I wanted him at Milan.

Young will do just fine if he goes to Inter imo.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

sticksy posted:

Is he a really good coach, good at man management, just adapting tactics to get the best out of his personnel (thinking of his switch to 3-5-2 with WBs at Chelsea) or all of the above?

It’s certainly man management and demanding players that fit in to a certain system. He’s used that 3-5-2 in lots of places so it’s more that he knows how to tell players to work that way rather than adapting to it. He does know when to switch though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bundy posted:

This would tie in with what happened at Chelsea I guess? The backlash felt like them not liking being told strictly how to play in a system, particularly Hazard. So of course Sarri was a logical replacement :v:

Seems like it; he's like Sarri-lite in that he's got his favorites but unlike Sarri, he's got more than 2 formations to work with and is willing to change if necessary. He's also an ex footballer so I feel like he relates more to them. A good ex footballer even.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Sounds like Reina is headed to Villa, Milan are just trying to sign a new backup keeper before letting Reina leave.

I have a feeling Plizzari will be recalled from Livorno.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Gigi it should be a banable offense to earnestly post done deals about MLS Funbux trades.

(I know you're just being funny)

Lol the fact that they exist is worth laughing at anyway

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

oliwan posted:

so they traded a player for... money?

listen, they traded the opportunity to sign a player (but only after 9 other teams have signed a player from a very small group of available players) for free for the possible opportunity to spend more money that they may or may not have on something else. It's very simple, you see.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bundy posted:

Hi Gigi long time fan

What the gently caress are you talking about

Surely the Manchester United franchise has experienced this same situation when they drafted Pogba from Juventus in return for 100000 Raiola allocated pounds.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

brasstassels posted:

ok they just updated it:

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/1215407537677307904?s=19

I haven't actually seen him play much but my understanding is he had a purple patch last year (?) and has been pretty poo poo since then. is that correct? in any case a proper backup for Kane has been a need for a while

This is the case, but the team as a whole has been poo poo so he it might not be his fault entirely.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jippa posted:

Can any serie a watchers give a summary of piatek? A classic 9?

That’s what he is. Not quite a pure poacher but close.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Not bold yet but Reina is going to Villa on loan, presumably with an option to buy. No word on if Gigio’s brother will be the number 2.

He is a number 2 though.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Joe Hart is being rumored as the replacement for Reina at Milan :laugh:

Truly we have hit bottom

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Milan are loaning in Begovic as a replacement for Reina. I wonder if he’ll play in the cup match next week.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Apparently Suso is trying to leave Milan. He hasn’t been great this season, but we’d be really low on forwards if he leaves. And Rebic sucks.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ricky Rodriguez to PSV seems like it's going to happen. He's pretty shite but that leaves us with just Theo as a left back.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I thought they weren't supposed to (officially) discuss terms with the player without the transfer fee being agreed?

I don’t think that’s true, or if it is, nobody enforces it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1218160879784681472
Wow, this had seemed to be all sewn up a couple of days ago, Roma had been posting about Politano on their social media pages.

I read somewhere that Spinazzola wasn't going to pass a medical or something. I know Milan was after Politano for some reason earlier but I thought that was all settled since this seemed like it was going through.

Politano barely plays under Conte; his agent has some work to do.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Roma are planning to sue Inter for the botched swap deal lol

Palotta forgets that he’s not in America doesn’t he.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

It’s time for the return of Davide Santon imo

They should unironically be in for Ricardo Rodriguez.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bundy posted:

We're supposedly scouting for a loan striker. Meanwhile we cannot recall Sanchez from Inter because there's no recall clause included in the loan.

Someone's playing this in my head on loop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5csNO3oMrQ

Funnily enough Inter are trying to get rid of Politano, who isn’t really that bad. I wonder if he’d go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Freddy Adu is still only "30" and has played for 14 clubs in nine countries in his career.

Topical to this thread, he's currently a free agent.