Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Der Shovel posted:

A bunch of papers both in England and Portugal reporting that United have agreed terms with Fernandes, but not with Sporting. They want 60m + 10m in addons, and apparently Woodward the business genius is trying to haggle them down to 60m.

Richest club in the world, ladies and gentlemen!

I thought they weren't supposed to (officially) discuss terms with the player without the transfer fee being agreed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

blue footed boobie posted:

It’s common for the selling team to give the buying team permission to negotiate with their player. It’s also common for buying teams to ignore all rules associated with transfers.

Seems pretty stupid to let them talk to your player before you've got something in writing, because there's nothing to stop them going "Yeah your guy wants to move, so we're going to knock 5 million off the price and if you don't agree you've got a player who's really loving pissed off about not getting his big pay day". Mind you nothing about transfers ever makes sense because everyone involved is corrupt to a level that would make boxing promoters blush.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bundy posted:

We're supposedly scouting for a loan striker. Meanwhile we cannot recall Sanchez from Inter because there's no recall clause included in the loan.

Someone's playing this in my head on loop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5csNO3oMrQ

Hey come on it's the Premisership era, you need a bit more razzle-dazzle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAJ66ZSQ4b4&t=160s

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

Been hearing a lot of talk suddenly about West Ham making a move for Dimitri Payet

you know, again :lol:

Just his agent making poo poo up apparently.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

trem_two posted:

Tbf having him bounce back and forth between those clubs sounds like a pretty good racket for the agent.

The club know he's never going to leave again after all the drama in his private life so I'm certain that figures in to what they offer him as a salary, so the agent's probably just doing anything he can to try and break that up.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Speaking of signings that aren't happening:

https://twitter.com/DTathletic/status/1220729618719744001

Just top-rate work from Sullivan there. "Well they rejected a bid of 15 million, let's try 10!"

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

In small fairness to him, that was probably true twenty years ago in the PL, and ten years ago in the Championship.

And oddly I wouldn't on first thought have expected the various vanity/sportswashing owners like Leicester, City and Chelsea to be particularly shrewd, but the clearly are

Your average football transfer is probably a lot closer to opening a new oil refinery in Uzbekistan than it is to organising a takeover of a Midlands haulage firm or whatever poo poo it was Woodward was up to as an accountant, so the vanity owners are definitely going to have an advantage.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bogan Krkic posted:

This is unexpected, is he any good?

There's no Youtube videos of him so all the people on Twitter who've known about the fine details of Czech football for years have absolutely no clue, lol.

Rumour is that Moyes himself made the approach to Slavia which is why all the usual suspects on Twitter were completely ignorant of the move - probably not a bad sign given the loving woeful state of our normal transfer infrastructure.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

That goal was a tap in, and he got sent off in the match for getting a second yellow card for diving.

Although technically I thought he scored twice in that match because another Inter player took a shot and it flicked off of Alexis's shoulder and it went in.

loving hell getting sent off for diving in *Italy*.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'd like to be the first to welcome our new signing, an identikit picture of Peter Crouch, to the club.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

tarbrush posted:

Not quite sure why he want to go straight back to the championship...

We give 70 grand a week to Carlos Sanchez, imagine how much money we can wave under the nose of someone who can actually play football?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Why don't United just cut out the middleman and hijack the Jarrod Bowen deal?

He's allegedly at the Taxpayer Bowl right now meeting with the West Ham board to get the final details sorted so he'll probably have signed for Man U by about 10.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Twitter geniuses claiming Adebayor is going on loan to Chelsea (or Brighton or Spurs or West Ham or Bournemouth) which may or may not be some sort of weird meta art thing.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
DONE DEAL

https://twitter.com/WestHamSocial/status/1223387417601814530

West ham complete the signing of Short Sexual Offender to complement their earlier signing of Tall Sexual Offender.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I thought they got Jack Wilshere last summer

As if Wilshere has ever remained physically fit long enough to do a sex crime at any point in his career.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Xabi posted:

Lil Yossi was a great player and that’s all there is to it.

He was legitimately one of the best passers of the ball in the Premiership but was pretty unremarkable apart from that. Also his agent was shonky even by agent standards.