Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hell just being back Daryl Murphy and Shefki Kuqi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The last guys to come from Belgian clubs have done so well at Newcastle, better sign more

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

It's EXTREMELY worrisome that the tone at United has already shifted to "considering" and "looking at" players. The time for that is loving months past, United need players now and they'll need more in the summer.

If Woodward & co seriously think they can just take January off and sign a couple of players next summer to meaningfully progress the club they're loving out of their minds. This season has already shown that not only is the squad as a whole not as good as it should be (which is not news, or surprising), but it also doesn't begin to have the needed depth. Key players have to play with injuries and play way too often simply because there are no good alternatives to rotate with, so they get tired and injured even more.

Pogba will be like a new signing though so it all works out in the end doesn’t it?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

mila kunis posted:

Inter Miami

It could be worse tbh, it’s MLS after all

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

Sounds like Reina is headed to Villa, Milan are just trying to sign a new backup keeper before letting Reina leave.

Reina never gonna retire at this rate

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

God drat that’s some quality shade throwing

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gedson is just the regen of Gelson Fernandes

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

He's been insanely good in Portugal and for Sporting. He's created a ton of opportunities and scored some extremely good goals, but there's some concern over his ability to do it in a better league than the Portuguese one because he won't have as much time or space in, say, England.

It's definitely something of a risk, but United have scouted him extensively and seem to think he's got what it takes. Then again, they very publicly backed off signing him in August because they didn't think he had what it takes so who the hell knows.

How many YouTube videos have you watched of him?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What a weird hashtag

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

trem_two posted:

He's a fast wingback that can't really defend, and he hasn't been able to displace a 32 year old traditional winger at the RWB spot.

Newcastle can’t buy a quality wing/fullback to save their life so this sounds about right

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Well Newcastle need a left back now too

It’s time for the return of Davide Santon imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

They should unironically be in for Ricardo Rodriguez.

He sounds competent so this is a non starter

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Newcastle already had an Algerian central midfielder and it’s the position the team is pretty well stocked in, this seems insanely dumb

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hmm well the team has Shelvey, Hayden, Ki, two Longstaffs and Colback who could be registered in place of Willems. Better sign another central midfielder

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

I'd rather us sign someone than play colback

Sure but I’d rather a lot of other positions first

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bentaleb to NUFC on loan with an option to buy is a done deal.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/magpies-sign-nabil-bentaleb-on-loan/

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Villa’s Kodjia off to the Middle East retirement home for £2.5m. I thought he was good?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

Was he, though?

Count the rings

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bet he could do a job for Newcastle

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

You say this after the last player Newcastle signed from MLS, who was actually one of the best players in the league, did gently caress all for a full calendar year.

Post this on the NUFC reddit and watch them lose their minds, “Miggy” can do no wrong there

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Huski Boi posted:

How does he rate on that one dude's insane player rating scale?

Almiron: 5.5 Like Schar, Almiron looked tired. He still put in a shift, but looked off pace. Without his speed and energy he does not offer much, specifically seen with his decreased involvement in the 2nd half. (2)

Almiron: 5.5 My man couldn’t stay onside. He’s loved because of his energy and effort he puts forth every game. Still running full pace down the side in the 94th minute, but he’s got to work on his decision making. Some poor passing, overextended dribbling and a little too much hope for fouls will start to create some major fan unrest. (2)

Almiron: 6.5 Poor first half, he lost the ball every time he touched it and calls were not going his way. In the 2nd he was the best player on the pitch. He covered for Krafth, held up play, connected a few times with Joelinton, and had a good chance at goal. (6)

Almiron: 4.5 (-1) Double teamed when in possession and had to drop back deep to cover and get involved. Couldn’t connect his passes or dribble with pace when there’s a lack of positive support.

Almiron B- (2). Heavily involved and great energy, he did lose the ball a couple of times. There was confusion on his position as well as where his teammates should be. Picking up the yellow in the first half probably didn’t help much either.

**Explanation of rating system**

I determine my ratings using a plus/minus system grading each significant positive or negative action of a player around the ball. The points can range from -5 for an atrocious own goal to +5 for an unstoppable goal. Generally, the majority of actions are between -1 and 1 point.

Since my ratings are involved around the ball, ratings are sometimes harsher for goal keepers and subs.

The reason I use this system is to get a better understanding of an individual player’s overall benefit to the game. By only rating significant actions, I come up with a score that represents the players true net contribution to the match.

Scale:

-5 F 1
-4 D 2
-3 D 3
-2 C 4
-1 C 4.5
0 C+ 5
1 B- 5.5
2 B- 5.5
3 B 6
4 B 6
5 B+ 6.5
6 B+ 6.5
7 A- 7
8 A- 7.5
9 A 8
10 A 8.5
11 A 9
12+ A+ 10

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

spurs do need another striker tbf with kane out for the season

Joelinton, £40m, sorted

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Ceballos looks like a stropy dickhead tbh and my monitor is ON

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

God drat this would own

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Valentino Lazaro will sign for Newcastle if the medical goes to plan. I’m sure he’s the next world beater.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bundy posted:

Imagine Mike Ashley getting deals done before Ed Woodward.

Oh I seem to be posting from the past, carry on.

£20m clause to make it permanent which will absolutely never happen

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

He wouldn’t have signed for pooshited anyway

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I hope it’s with the right lawyers this time!!!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Let’s talk Newcastle ownership transfer drama

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brony Car posted:

To be fair, I think Shrapnac has a point. I don’t know enough about Fernandes to think he’s worth all this trouble. The hijinks aren’t even amusing in the “Odemwingie waiting in a parking lot,” of “secret meeting in Blackpool with Klopp,” way.

Is there any reason to believe this isn’t the usual made-up ownership interest story designed to distract restless fans from a lack of winter transfers?

It’s definitely happening and I’ve already bought my Mbappe #9 jersey you loving doubter.

Return of the entertainers imo, gonna play a 3-3-4

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I assume this means he did his medical and they’re just hashing out the transfer terms

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Lmao that a player would care that a transfer fee is “devaluing” them when all they really want is the fat new wage packet

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose check out the NUFC reddit for some great takes

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pretty sure Spurs wouldn’t want to sell to a Europa league rival

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

A failed man city prospect

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hope they vetted the pilot

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Probably more like seafoody at this point

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

well we're playing matt ritchie there currently after both of our wing backs crocked themselves for the season so rip Rose

funny that the press never bring up players who played for sunderland being an issue but thats what it was with bruce rather than just he's been a bit of a poo poo manager

Dummett is so bad at wb

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Imagine if they gave Rafa that kind of money to spend

15 left backs and not a single one of them good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I love transfer deadline day and I hope we get some Odemwingie level nonsense today 🙏🏾