Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulvir

what do y'all feel about books? I find them cool and good. let's talk about those or somethign or wjatever.

to kick it all off, who do you think would be cool to share a bong with? personally I think like younger monsieur Swann, from the time in Swann's Way when he is all into obsessing over that one little phrase in the sonata, would be extremely fun company while high. I could totally picture him doing a weed shake and hit up the art museums in amsterdam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I wanna toke up with Harry Dresden, because 1) He's a wizard, and 2) he could spark up your joint with a little forzare! and ka-blam, you're all lit up!

The building will be on fire and it WILL be your fault...

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

ulvir

Swann sitting in the corner, having a 30 minute long rant on the subtle emotional nuances of Van Gogh’s brush strokes in A starry sky while Dresden gets a big fire going, only it’s the entire national history museum and now every one within radius is high a f but don’t know why

ulvir

ISOLT only rewritten by thomas bernhard, and is thus almost indistinguishable from the original except he never meets Albertine and spends the whole novel being extremely bitter about everybody he has ever heard of

alexandriao

i like old scifi books and other cool things

im trying to read neuromancer but it's so hallucinogenically written that its difficult to figure out what happened sometimes

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

ulvir

read stanislaw lem, friend.

ulvir

cyberiad is hella fun

Manifisto

I feel like radagast the brown was probably a super-chill ultra-powerful entity who didn't have any sort of will to power, kind of like tom bombadil. I bet he got stoned out of his mind constantly and just hung out with forest animals and that would be super rad imo

gandalf said radagast had "much lore of herbs and beasts." I bet he knew a whole fuckton about herbs alright.

ty nesamdoom!

ulvir

radagast and tom bombadil was the original cheech and chong

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Manifisto posted:

I feel like radagast the brown was probably a super-chill ultra-powerful entity who didn't have any sort of will to power, kind of like tom bombadil. I bet he got stoned out of his mind constantly and just hung out with forest animals and that would be super rad imo

gandalf said radagast had "much lore of herbs and beasts." I bet he knew a whole fuckton about herbs alright.

Working in animal welfare and conservation teaches u there are two types of people that get into the field, straight laced Christians and Radagasts wreathed in weedsmoke

cda

by Hand Knit
there are many characters from books I would get blazed to poo poo with, for instance Ginny from the Waves, Molly Bloom, Daisy Buchanan, Janie Crawford, Lady Chatterly, Marianne Dashwood, Fanny Hill, Daisy Miller, Nancy from Oliver Twist, Shug, Emma Woodhouse, Circe, Calypso. I would smoke weed with all these ladies because I bet they would let me hit it

cda

by Hand Knit
I would smoke weed with Lucy Pevensie because I bet she would be fun. I would not smoke weed with Susan. She's a narc

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

cda posted:

there are many characters from books I would get blazed to poo poo with, for instance Ginny from the Waves, Molly Bloom, Daisy Buchanan, Janie Crawford, Lady Chatterly, Marianne Dashwood, Fanny Hill, Daisy Miller, Nancy from Oliver Twist, Shug, Emma Woodhouse, Circe, Calypso. I would smoke weed with all these ladies because I bet they would let me hit it

I'd smoke up with Oscar Wilde characters and the Stephen Dedalus from Joyce's books because he's his alter ego n that probably means he also likes nasty fart sex which would be cool and funny to talk about while passing a j

Manifisto

sharing a bong with a dude who could just conjure up loaves and fishes would be nice. gravlax and rye for example, the store's closed but no matter.

ty nesamdoom!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Manifisto posted:

sharing a bong with a dude who could just conjure up loaves and fishes would be nice. gravlax and rye for example, the store's closed but no matter.

Actually yea

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I woud smoke weed and/or drink a warm brandy and water with, among others, Mr. samuel pickwick, esq. because he seems exceedingly chill

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

cda

by Hand Knit
Hot open-minded fictional women only in my cypher

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I would def. blaze up with Morty's grandfather, Rick because you KNOW that man knows how to loving party **buuurp!**

My bad, Rick and Morty aren't a book.

The point still stands though

alexandriao

ulvir posted:

cyberiad is hella fun

cyberiad is good and the star diaries too!!!!

Manifisto

this is probably not the nicest thing but I bet that guy from the tell-tale heart would be real easy to prank after a few tokes, "do you hear somebody burping?" "was that a fart just now, coming from the floorboards?"

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

Jesus, I love you but could you do that thing one more time with this oregano?

I'm out again :(

tradjik

hi thanks for this thread. I started reading a book yesterday and wanted to post about it!

I decided to get back into the Xeelee Sequence by Stephen Baxter because even though I was stoned out of my mind when I read it last and can't remember much at all, I remember it blew my mind on several levels.

if I got to share a bong with someone it would be Isaac Asimov. imagine if he was a byob poster..!

cda

by Hand Knit
I would smoke with the guys from the lonely londoners because they smoke in the book and have a good time so I wouldn't be corrupting them

Stoner Sloth

ulvir posted:

read stanislaw lem, friend.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

nut

i just finished reading the princess bride and I think it'd be fun to share a bong w Inigo and Fezzik

cda

by Hand Knit
Mona Aamons Monzano. Maybe my number one pick.

cda

by Hand Knit
I would hit a j with Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man. I would smoke a crazy future bong with the Mule. Not too many fictional dudes I would get high with, but those are two.

Manifisto

cda posted:

I would hit a j with Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man. I would smoke a crazy future bong with the Mule. Not too many fictional dudes I would get high with, but those are two.

I would like to get very high with Ian Dunross of Noble House and start chipping away at his worldview in multiple leftist ways

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

ulvir posted:

Swann sitting in the corner, having a 30 minute long rant on the subtle emotional nuances of Van Gogh’s brush strokes in A starry sky while Dresden gets a big fire going, only it’s the entire national history museum and now every one within radius is high a f but don’t know why

If I were gonna snoke weed w anyone from ISOLT it would be the cool punk cycling lady he hangs out with

alnilam

Ripping a bong with the cool professor lady and the mulefa creatures from tge amber spyglass

alnilam

Stubb from moby dick would roll a really good J and then say some really weird kinda negging semi encouraging poo poo while smoking it

Dixville

I don't think!

nut posted:

i just finished reading the princess bride and I think it'd be fun to share a bong w Inigo and Fezzik

I just read this too! Agreed

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Imagine smoking a joint in a car with Corwin of Amber driving.

You spark it up, take a hit, and pass it to one of the Nine Princes.

He takes a hit and with a wink and smile, passes it back to you.

Then the Hell Ride into Shadows begins.

Strap in, buckle up and hold on because you just have no idea...

Manifisto

the dutchie gets passed left-handwise from me to gödel to escher to bach

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Ey bro invite your sis Deirdre that you're always goin on about

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Ey bro invite your sis Deirdre that you're always goin on about

lol

*splurble* oh poo poo the moon's out, who's up for tir-na nog'th

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Manifisto posted:

lol

*splurble* oh poo poo the moon's out, who's up for tir-na nog'th

Dude...

Walking the Pattern... on w e e d

cda

by Hand Knit

Oh drat, good choice, although I would prefer to "have at toke" with Fiona or Deirdre, for obvious reasons, or Random, Merlin, or Martin.

ulvir

Mrs. Dalloway seems like someone who extremely deserves a toke now and again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir

Oscar Wilde fawning all over Orlando because they have discovered eternal youth