Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

mycomancy posted:

Not good enough. Resign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I think I'm more mad about the utter lack of an apology or explanation than the initial ban.

PPJ, you're an Internet hall monitor. Get over yourself and stop this poo poo.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

just like a real cop, ppj is on paid administrated leave over the holidays

tallkidwithglasses posted:

demod PPJ and beer, unprobe Benghazi 2

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

A big flaming stink posted:

At the very least, posters have next to zero trust in ppj, and something must be done to address this lack of trust

Yeah from what I can tell, nobody but PPJ's clique of sycophants actually likes him, trusts him, or thinks he's doing a good job.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I mean D&D hating ppj just as much as c-spam does I count as a minor victory.
Mods coulda prolly successfully deflected this by lowering Benghazi's probe to time served.
But I'm not a powermad forumcop so what do i know.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Step down. You and Beer both.

Keep this thread full of posts until they're both gone.

I nominate Son of Thunderbeast and unwantedplatypus as replacements.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Considering both beer and PPJ have both recently made big statements about making their subforums trans inclusive spaces I can think of something very simple that both of them can do to actually make that happen.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

At the very least, posters have next to zero trust in ppj, and something must be done to address this lack of trust
Yeah I was getting at that in the other thread. No matter what your feelings on PPJ it doesn't feel like they can continue moderating without it just being a shitshow all the time.

From what I understand PPJ does the bulk of the work by far in clearing out the report queue. But putting in the time to do that doesn't mean you're good at it.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

demod PPJ and beer, unprobe Benghazi 2

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Bushido Brown posted:

I think I'm more mad about the utter lack of an apology or explanation than the initial ban.

PPJ, you're an Internet hall monitor. Get over yourself and stop this poo poo.

Yeah, it's this. Self probing does nothing.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Why is it the only mod to take responsibility for their mistakes was the one that deserved to stay around :(

come back fau

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

mycomancy posted:

Not good enough. Resign.

:agreed: You've lost whatever credibility you may have once had, PPJ. Step down and hold on to some of your dignity.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Party Plane Jones posted:

okay now that i'm caught up.

i've asked the admin team to rescind dickeye's probe and instead i will take the two weeks for my egregiously bad post. i'm sorry for not taking the time to read through everyone's comments before replying on this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

If you're not capable of doing your job in an evenhanded manner you need to stop being a mod. Taking a symbolic two-week break is just insulting, because it's not like you're going to come back here and be any better at your job.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Why is it the only mod to take responsibility for their mistakes was the one that deserved to stay around :(

come back fau

FAU dismissed the original complaint thread about Beer.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
oh

god damnit :negative:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Considering both beer and PPJ have both recently made big statements about making their subforums trans inclusive spaces I can think of something very simple that both of them can do to actually make that happen.

I've been thinking the same thing.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i've asked the admin team to rescind dickeye's probe and instead i will take the two weeks for my egregiously bad post. i'm sorry for not taking the time to read through everyone's comments before replying on this

umm.. are we like supposed to clap for this heroic sacrifice to exchange souls in the void? im like really confused right now because i still don't understand what the point of the original probation was, so your arbitrary probation here is applied to you instead?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I still have no idea why Dickeye was originally probated.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah just throw some red meat at them, that'll calm things down.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

The cop comparison becomes more and more on point by the second

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Sorry this is a loving horseshit attempt at evasion and hoping it all blows over in 2 weeks, considering how rarely you show your face to begin with.

Step down. You and Beer both.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Like, what is this bullshit cop-out supposed to even do? He's not going to be inflicting his terrible decisions on anyone else for a whole two weeks over the holidays. Whoooo.

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

CascadeBeta posted:

I still have no idea why Dickeye was originally probated.

I'm sure we'll get our answer in 2 weeks time.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Jaramin posted:

Like, what is this bullshit cop-out supposed to even do? He's not going to be inflicting his terrible decisions on anyone else for a whole two weeks over the holidays. Whoooo.

I gives him an excuse to go on vacation

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

CascadeBeta posted:

A two week probe as penance doesn't actually do anything to prevent the issue from happening again. It's just a two week push, much like the push the admins put on the group of transphobes that got hit with their 30s+ban. It doesn't actually solve any issues, it just makes people feel better in the short term.

Please pay attention to my totally separate problem, I just love that attention

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I wish I had the luxury of time or brainspace to care as much about the goings-on of an internet forum as some people.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zedhe Khoja posted:

I mean D&D hating ppj just as much as c-spam does I count as a minor victory.
Mods coulda prolly successfully deflected this by lowering Benghazi's probe to time served.
But I'm not a powermad forumcop so what do i know.

i think its funny that all was asked was a rescind and now there's postingseppuku because apparently some punishment had to be meted out anyways?

there must be equilibrium in the punishment karma

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Also

this post doesn't stop being absolutely egregious and a staggering example of bad faith on ppj's part

serious, all of his actions seem precisely designed to support the conclusion he's the problem

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Peachfart posted:

Please pay attention to my totally separate problem, I just love that attention

Hmm maybe this person who concern trolled in the transphobia QCS threads is being honest this time.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

i think its funny that all was asked was a rescind and now there's postingseppuku because apparently some punishment had to be meted out anyways?

I think it's funny that you think that only your voice matters

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Lastgirl posted:

there must be equilibrium in the punishment karma

screaming noooo as i jump in front of benghazi 2 to save them, and shooting myself

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving lol at all of this ppj you fuckin idiot the correct course of action was handed to you on a silver platter and you still blew it spectacularly

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

beejay posted:

I wish I had the luxury of time or brainspace to care as much about the goings-on of an internet forum as some people.

Yeah, lol at noticing a poster was bullied for no reason over the holidays and wanting to remedy that.

lol, just lol, at caring.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
*kramers into thread created solely to discuss my own terrible decisions* hey guys I'm actually a bigger tone-deaf idiot than any of you could have possibly imagined!!!

Salynne
Oct 25, 2007

General Olloth posted:

Gosh it's really nice and cozy in this little box I'm allowed to post in to say that Beer is a bad mod and that Benghazi 2 didn't deserve more than a 6er.

I look forward to another post/DM that just says "Thank you for the feedback", just like the suggestion box at work.

It really makes me feel so much better, just being able to say it, it's completely fine if nothing at all actually comes from how I feel. I'm sure, this time, he's listened, and gosh, he's just learning more things every day. I look forward to Beers apotheosis of one day having a loving clue.

General Olloth posted:

Hey that's not fair. First they will privately discuss it for a while, then come in with a tone-deaf nothing answer and lock it.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Streak posted:

*kramers into thread created solely to discuss my own terrible decisions* hey guys I'm actually a bigger tone-deaf idiot than any of you could have possibly imagined!!!

It'd be comical if the stupid piece of poo poo didn't think he was doing a fine job.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
moderating is a thankless job and there's never going to be enough good people stepping up to do it, but it's an extremely bad look when anarchy is a much better option than your continued actions as moderator

step down and quit being a shitter, ppj.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

apostateCourier posted:

I think it's funny that you think that only your voice matters

i think u misunderstand because originally it was about a rescinding which was the simplest thing to do if some ample explanation was provided but the hard path was chosen which definitely proves the dismissiveness and flippancy that has culminated to this point in which i am responding back towards PPJ

i have thought he should have stepped down over the c-spam fiasco but i was willing to give the benefit of the doubt, which was undeserved~

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

mycomancy posted:

It'd be comical if the stupid piece of poo poo didn't think he was doing a fine job.

Lol, get him behind the scenes and he will wax philosophical about how unappreciated he is and how much this forum owes him for his service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Lastgirl posted:

i think u misunderstand because originally it was about a rescinding which was the simplest thing to do if some ample explanation was provided but the hard path was chosen which definitely proves the dismissiveness and flippancy that has culminated to this point in which i am responding back towards PPJ

i have thought he should have stepped down over the c-spam fiasco but i was willing to give the benefit of the doubt, which was undeserved~

I mean demodding beer was also on the table from the start, but I hear you.