Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene

A big flaming stink posted:

Why is it the only mod to take responsibility for their mistakes was the one that deserved to stay around :(

come back fau

Nah, he abused powers and played favorites too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

I still have no idea why Dickeye was originally probated.

“Being Dickeye” would be a fair reason in most other contexts

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
fau did the right thing in the end and it's a shame that ppj can't follow his lead

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
this thread sucks

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

this thread sucks

gently caress off.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Spanish Manlove posted:

this thread sucks

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

apostateCourier posted:

I mean demodding beer was also on the table from the start, but I hear you.

Hey, I actually started the thread and I was legit ambivalent about if ppj and beer were being given a bad rap.

boy was I disabused of that notion holy moley

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Quotey posted:

screaming noooo as i jump in front of benghazi 2 to save them, and shooting myself

weird flex but okay :shrug:

welcome back....Big Benghazi :patriot:

apostateCourier posted:

I mean demodding beer was also on the table from the start, but I hear you.

ya of course, i wasn't trying to frame out the transphobia, i was referring to PPJ's specific actions right now which is bizarre

because its easier to self probate than explain why there was even a probation? it just raises more questions about B4BG too actually now that i think about it.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Mate, you really should read the room

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

mycomancy posted:

Not good enough. Resign.

RIOT!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

Hey, I actually started the thread and I was legit ambivalent about if ppj and beer were being given a bad rap.

boy was I disabused of that notion holy moley

Fair enough, glad you learned fast =)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
What is this seppuku poo poo over being a volunteer rent-a-cop for a den of shitposting.

It's no high calling, no grand sacrifice - you're a volunteer supposed to help to keep the forums somewhat pleasant and readable.

People want you to resign because you're not especially good at doing those things and lately you've been creating a mess.

Nobody needs you to sacrifice yourself to this thankless duty to be the thin blue line. Just loving resign. The forums will be fine.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Make this a subforum of c-spam, and make all c-spam posters mods on a round robin basis.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Spanish Manlove posted:

this thread sucks

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

endlessmonotony posted:

What is this seppuku poo poo over being a volunteer rent-a-cop for a den of shitposting.

It's no high calling, no grand sacrifice - you're a volunteer supposed to help to keep the forums somewhat pleasant and readable.

People want you to resign because you're not especially good at doing those things and lately you've been creating a mess.

Nobody needs you to sacrifice yourself to this thankless duty to be the thin blue line. Just loving resign. The forums will be fine.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah it's kinda weird to think that this wouldn't even have been A Thing if the probation reason had just been "this isn't for this post specifically, but you're posting bad."

Also for those of us who don't post there, is there a tl;dr for whatever "the c-spam fiasco" was with PPJ?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

endlessmonotony posted:

PPJ really thinks he can get away with this performative self-wristslap. It's not even seppuku, that's what genocide explainer did.

PPJ's probe should be removed and he should be made to actually come back to this thread and actually engage with the issues brought up, and answer for his actions. If he's unwilling to do that and would prefer to play this stupid game of probating himself, he should be removed from the mod team.

Period.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

this thread sucks

Still no arrest for man dressed as glans

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

PPJ really thinks he can get away with this performative self-wristslap. It's not even seppuku, that's what genocide explainer did.

PPJ's probe should be removed and he should be made to actually come back to this thread and actually engage with the issues brought up, and answer for his actions. If he's unwilling to do that and would prefer to play this stupid game of probating himself, he should be removed from the mod team.

Period.

Just the bold part, thanks

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Seriously though PPJ no one in the community trusts you to make impartial decisions anymore and everything/anything you do from here on out will be under the cloud of anger you intentionally stoked with your initial response to this situation.

Resign.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Period.

He should be made to engage with the issues and removed from the mod team.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Spanish Manlove posted:

this thread sucks

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

apostateCourier posted:

Just the bold part, thanks

Well yeah, that's the assumption. I'm not laboring under any delusion that PPJ has the strength of character to own up to any of their bad behavior or decisions, so imo it's kind of a foregone conclusion.

They're welcome to try and prove me wrong though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
thank you to everyone who took up the cause for me and held feet to fires, you're all beautiful people with great sexual prowess and i genuinely appreciate you all getting me unprobed.

that said, ppj claiming to be reading the whole thread and then immediately falling on his sword so he doesnt have to actually address his reasoning or respond to criticism is pathetic particularly when you look at his history of not even posting in threads about him in the past. i dont give a poo poo if he eats the two weeks, i want him in this thread explaining himself, publicly, telling everyone why exactly me being mean to beer or ogmius or king nastidion, who are in order an idiot a concern troll and a pharma ghoul, deserved even a week, let alone two, let alone a MONTH, when posters like ogmius or KN skate for weeks at a time before eating a measly three days

the lack of accountability here is the real issue. its been a month? i think? since the succ zone got gassed and there was brouhaha and the admins said oh we're looking into it things will improve we've got plans, and we havent seen poo poo or heard poo poo or anything

and now we wont hear anything about this

what is there to think except that the administration literally does not care what we think or think that we're owed honest explanations when we raise issues

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Seriously PPJ, it's really loving simple. Either your actions as a mod are justified or they aren't. If they are then well and good. If they aren't then you should clearly resign.

And by self-probating then, in my eyes at least, what you're really saying is that you realize that your actions weren't justified but you want to cling to power anyway and think that some symbolic act of contrition will let you do that, and that's pretty hosed up.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Attica

Attica

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Spanish Manlove posted:

this thread sucks

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Yeah it's kinda weird to think that this wouldn't even have been A Thing if the probation reason had just been "this isn't for this post specifically, but you're posting bad."

Also for those of us who don't post there, is there a tl;dr for whatever "the c-spam fiasco" was with PPJ?

Basically, someone was posting centrist poo poo in the D&D primary thread, got flamed by CSPAM/D&D people, PPJ request Logik9 gas the CSPAM Dem thread in retaliation with the reason being "forum invasion."

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Happy Holidays Dickeye :)

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

eric ciaramella posted:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
also bombing into this thread that is already at a fever pitch and being a glib rear end in a top hat was certainly a bold strategy, and "this tran said its ok so you don't get to complain" was a bolder one, just an astounding level of good decision making and thought on the part of the moderator literally everyone except dipshits from gbs think sucks rear end

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Cerebral Bore posted:

Seriously PPJ, it's really loving simple. Either your actions as a mod are justified or they aren't. If they are then well and good. If they aren't then you should clearly resign.

And by self-probating then, in my eyes at least, what you're really saying is that you realize that your actions weren't justified but you want to cling to power anyway and think that some symbolic act of contrition will let you do that, and that's pretty hosed up.

yeah the reason homex's selfperma worked is he has effectively removed himself from ever holding any power here again, official or not, and in the process he clearly stated that he understood why people were mad and what was going on and why this was necessary

a two week probation is nothing when you're going to come back and do the same poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

eric ciaramella posted:

joyous noel to you also

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

joyous noel to you also

welcome back Benghazi 2, or should I say Big Benghazi

c'mon mods it's the least you can do

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

thank you to everyone who took up the cause for me and held feet to fires, you're all beautiful people with great sexual prowess and i genuinely appreciate you all getting me unprobed.

that said, ppj claiming to be reading the whole thread and then immediately falling on his sword so he doesnt have to actually address his reasoning or respond to criticism is pathetic particularly when you look at his history of not even posting in threads about him in the past. i dont give a poo poo if he eats the two weeks, i want him in this thread explaining himself, publicly, telling everyone why exactly me being mean to beer or ogmius or king nastidion, who are in order an idiot a concern troll and a pharma ghoul, deserved even a week, let alone two, let alone a MONTH, when posters like ogmius or KN skate for weeks at a time before eating a measly three days

the lack of accountability here is the real issue. its been a month? i think? since the succ zone got gassed and there was brouhaha and the admins said oh we're looking into it things will improve we've got plans, and we havent seen poo poo or heard poo poo or anything

and now we wont hear anything about this

what is there to think except that the administration literally does not care what we think or think that we're owed honest explanations when we raise issues

Please don't call beer an idiot since apparently he makes bombs for the MIC and therefore his inclination to believe the rich and powerful displays a decent amount of awareness

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
DICKEYE LIVES IN DEATH

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Any mod who tries to self-impale and illicit sympathy by portraying himself as suffering for the good of the forums like a manipulative piece of poo poo should be automatically considered illegible for the mod position.

Also ban Beer 4 The Beer God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
looks like benghazi 2 is not going away after all