Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Sharkie posted:

It's clear that Beer4TheBeerGod is far too thin-skinned and hostile to be an effective mod.

What I'd like to know is if Beer4TheBeerGod has some sort of problem with trans people, or at least the "uppity" trans people that don't pay him the respect he feels he deserves as a straight white man and a somethingawful.com moderator.

(also just lol at calling the forums where about nine dozen people just got banned/probed for being being unbelievably racist and transphobic "an environment that's about as friendly as there is." Talk about bad judgement!)

I don't bring this up lightly but maybe the person who has a documented history of getting mindbendingly angry at trans posters and then lashing out at them just because they offer the mildest possible criticism shouldn't be a mod. If Dickeye's posting history is the justification for their probe, then surely Beer4TheBeerGod's posting history should be examined and taken into account as well.

Also, just imagine the StarCitizen fan (who has "opinions" about the all-female warhammer army) sputtering with rage while he sits there angrily typing out "I'm a cisgender heterosexual white American male" like, just imagine that in your mind lmao.

Free Dickeye.

:stare:

Why is this guy a mod? Jesus loving christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

When the only person defending your dumb probation is a reprehensible bigot then you should probably loving rescind it.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

Mnoba posted:

read my post, i'm referencing the people in the now locked thread going after him for posting not whatever you think

Are you high rn? Don't lie.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

CascadeBeta posted:

:stare:

Why is this guy a mod? Jesus loving christ.

Because FAU was incapable of taking warning signs about mods seriously and acting upon them.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.
Free dickeye then fight her in the parking lot of an abandoned Sears cowards.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I rarely post in D&D exactly because the mods here (and mods who post here) ironically seem to use their status to defend their (often bad) political takes.

If you want to promote discourse, don't ban people who have you (or other moderators/IKs) pegged.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Anarchist Mae posted:

Are you high rn? Don't lie.

no, i'm not.

Oh Snapple! posted:

When the only person defending your dumb probation is a reprehensible bigot then you should probably loving rescind it.

no clue where this comes from, but you should really rethink your posting it comes off really unwell

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I like dnd qcs its just so :decorum:

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Mnoba posted:

no, i'm not.

no clue where this comes from, but you should really rethink your posting it comes off really unwell

thanks, guy who hasnt posted in D&D for months

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Anyway all this Beer stuff aside (that should absolutely be revisited when QCS returns), that probation and it's severity (both initially and it's "lightened" version) are utterly absurd bullshit that is completely unjustifiable and should be rescinded.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Mnoba posted:

no, i'm not.

Didn't take long for you to break out the mental illness dogwhistle in a thread about a trans poster getting probated for nothing by a poo poo rear end mod. Go pound sand.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
the probation of dickeye was grossly excessive, the probation reasoning being spiteful and cruel and should be rescinded effective immediately

anyways happy holidays :coffeepal:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hi I'm not a frequent D&D poster but I am a friend of Dickeye and I just wanna say that giving anyone a month probation for committing the crime of voicing light criticism of a mod is particularly ghoulish. Hope this very stupid decision is reversed soon!!!

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
So dumb. Had they just stuck with the normal 3 day probe for that thread, you'd have seen minimal (if any) blowback. I generally get a kick out of BENGHAZI 2 posting, but she can be a bit bombastic and irritating at times

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

oxsnard posted:

So dumb. Had they just stuck with the normal 3 day probe for that thread, you'd have seen minimal (if any) blowback. I generally get a kick out of BENGHAZI 2 posting, but she can be a bit bombastic and irritating at times

The whole thing with light probations like a 3 day or 24 hours is that even if the reasoning is suspect or subjective it doesn't matter so people just go about their day. This is another matter

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

oxsnard posted:

yeah if it'd just been a 3 day I'm pretty sure literally everyone would've been like "that's a dumb probe but it probably would've been a 6er without the thread minimum" and nobody would've given a poo poo

Instead PPJ went "gently caress it I don't care who knows I'm a thin skinned baby idiot, 1 month for this, the mildest of criticisms"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
at least everyone can rest assured that ppj will definitely address posters concerns directly this time, unlike the last 15 times where they were only met with silence and/or qcs hr rep probes

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

oxsnard posted:

So dumb. Had they just stuck with the normal 3 day probe for that thread, you'd have seen minimal (if any) blowback.

This can't be stressed enough either. If the probe had been typical folks would have lol'd at the still-terrible probation but chalked it up to the risk of posting non-robotically in D&D.

Instead PPJ went full-loving-stupid with it and created the situation we find ourselves in.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
if you defend Kaiser Permanente and trust it in good faith you are objectively, legally a psychopath and I won't tolerate the ignorance shield and hurt feelings from the harsh truth of your grotesque nature in the information age until you actually just stop defending them and then it would be easily rescinded as you have achieved understanding and compartmentalize it like a mature rational adult because you have seen the error and corrected it.

All I'm seeing is double downs, and no apologies. Backtracking is embarrassing yes, but own it and move on and stop making it worse. So rescind Dickeye's probation and dust yourself off instead of using decorum and ignorance as a shield to being a fullblown smiler that weaponizes bad faith to actively harm the disenfranchised in this perpetual hellbeast landscape we see before us as we prostrate to the great maw of indifference in the hopefully temporary age of plutocratic nihilism and moral abscess.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

This can't be stressed enough either. If the probe had been typical folks would have lol'd at the still-terrible probation but chalked it up to the risk of posting non-robotically in D&D.

Instead PPJ went full-loving-stupid with it and created the situation we find ourselves in.

Yeah and anyone who reads that thread knows how biased and bullshit this probe is. You can accuse an entire thread of bigotry and at best get a slap on the wrist, but if you’re rude to someone “just asking questions” about a lying millionaire then that’s 1 month.

And the joke about “repeat offenders” is by refusing to ever probate some poo poo posters except when they go beyond the pale yet have a hair trigger for others, what a shocker that some people get labeled repeat offenders while the worst posters get to be repeat offenders without the label.

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 23, 2019

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

The Pussy Boss posted:

That post doesn't seem especially hostile? I bet there are ruder posts on any random page of any D&D thread.

I don't post here much, but it seems like the mod really has it in for leftist posters in general, and a few people like Benghazi in particular who catch month-long probes for no real reason.
I wouldn't say it's leftist posters in general, but you're right there are ruder posts on basically any given page of any D&D thread.

If some random transphobe waddles into a thread and starts rattling off their white cisbro bonafides, then when thread regulars jump up his rear end that's called "self-policing." It doesn't really make a difference if said cisbro is a mod of the loving trad games forum. Probating for that is terminal :decorum: hand-wringing and the only cure is being relentlessly made fun of until you autoban, I'm afraid. I mean I have defended the moderation of D&D in the past but this is hosed. There is no defending it.

There are posters here who will catch a probe for the slightest offense. Or for no offense, as occurred here. Then there are posters who haven't put a nanosecond's thought into a single D&D post of theirs, ever, and only post catty white noise horseshit from the peanut gallery, and a lot of it, yet all you see on their rap sheet is the occasional sixer, if that. It's probably not a coincidence that those same white-noise posters that the mods basically ignore, are the ones who want the rap sheet - bad moderation and all - to factor in to punishments.

But I don't think it's politics or ideology that drives it. The posters who get away with more do seem to be a bit more centrist but honestly that might just be confirmation bias on my part. And there are plenty of left-wing posters who do not catch regular probations. What seems to be the most reliable indicator that you're going to catch heat from moderation here is that you give a poo poo. The South Park "caring about things is dumb and worthy of ridicule" mindset seems to drive the decision making of a few of the mods here, including the one who presumably burns up most of the report queue and apparently thinks this forum is his. And that's why centrists get away with what they do here: not because of their opinions but because, being centrists, they don't actually give a poo poo about anything and so often fly under the radar despite their post history being pure wank.

Also that D&D is cliquish :shrug:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Also, lol, how is anyone supposed to post in this forum if correctly calling a psychopath a psychopath is now ableism

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

Yeah and anyone who reads that thread knows how biased and bullshit this probe is. You can accuse an entire thread of bigotry and at best get a slap on the wrist, but if you’re rude to someone “just asking questions” about a lying millionaire then that’s 1 month.

And the joke about “repeat offenders” is by refusing to ever probate some poo poo posters except when they go beyond the pale yet have a hair trigger for others, what a shocker that some people get labeled repeat offenders while the worst posters get to be repeat offenders without the label.

HmmmMMM, I feel like there's a real world parallel here

edit: Psychopaths are not an oppressed community

Scoops My Goops
Dec 3, 2004

by Reene

Oh Snapple! posted:

:emptyquote:

Mnoba posted:

It could be from the time you mocked acid attack victims but that's just my personal example of your shittiness and I won't post any more on the topic of you, lest I get a month probe (commuted to two weeks)

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I can't think of any particular post BENGHAZI 2 has made that I liked and their rapsheet is a mile long, so I'm not particularly upset at this probation.

It does seem concerning that the mod did not think to explain it as a cumulative punishment and it looks extra sad now that main paineframe put some new rules down right after it happened.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

if dickeye didn't deserve that probation then why do D&D mods keep probating dickeye :thunk:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

at least everyone can rest assured that ppj will definitely address posters concerns directly this time, unlike the last 15 times where they were only met with silence and/or qcs hr rep probes

that is still hosed imo because it feels dismissive and i cannot believe the back to back drama lately, its ridiculous. especially when a particularly brutally honest trans poster is constantly probated in d&d because politics isn't a game to them as dull centrists "unknowingly" persecute them with parroted veiled transphobic jabs engineered by the democratic whiz kids of mass/social media (meme magic fuckheads) who are meritocracy brained (a mental illness) by truly vile people who do not particularly care about the common person's plight and are self-enriching by coaxing you temporary feel goods in advertising blitzs of their brandsonas doing gimmicky things in order to get you to donate to their indifference which so many posters seem to defend and exercise some kind of good faith discourse on is just mind boggling as a monument to vacuous intellectual vanity in the guise of preserving the sancity of rigorous debate and discussion within particular objective parameters at a reasonable, civilized (dead inside) room voice decibel. No problem with that, that's what D&D is for. It's to roleplay as the House of Commons with its strict rules, that even parliament members bend to call each other shitheads, which is the hypocrisy here.

instead all we get are big brother noogies and go "haha good jokes, fyad-lite politics forum, oh u and your hijinks" which baffles me sometimes as an attempt to defuse and keep the boundaries clear, even as im mocking that sentiment derisively and facetiously, because its just a teensy bit cringe *smushes index finger and thumb* all because we don't mince our words and have passion at times or subvert it to process whatever insane capitalist drivel popped up in our newsfeed that is easily solvable if people weren't being deliberately obtuse and bad faith actors, and feel personally attacked when you raise the issue because they linked their boring yet stunningly fragile and unstable core identity to something so vile to find purpose on this speck of dust. there is nothing wrong with calling out someone for being a total dipshit who is enabling harmful behavior if the negative neurological feedback of a linguistic killshot gets them to stop touching the hot stove with their face. (in fact it only encourages them, which is where moderation steps in reasonably and manuevers itself to police what other posters have self-policed in mutuality but this was not the case here at all either. There is a clear hierarchy on who gets to post in PPJ's forum)

also ya i guess we post a lot of sonic economic image macros but can you blame us? they elucidate far more and deliver content and respite than most 5 paragraph d&d neolib grad paper essay that quotes 200-500 year old texts with great authoritative self-assuredness 100% of the time that I keep thinking about the Good Will Hunting scene where Matt Damon gets Minnie Driver's number because Will Hunting is C-SPAM and the MIT grad student is D&D.

I believe the Dickeye probation was excessive and on the surface of a lot of unresolved issues and should be rescinded effective immediately to abate said unresolved issues if you want to keep them bottled up like stoic stone faced weirdos, thank you for your time. The systemic targeting is very real given the consistent pattern of moderation action in the last year, please stop updating your excel spreadsheet enemies list.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah don't treat d&d like it's c-spam, and don't post stuff like "teehee I'm going to kitty jail" before you go posting in d&d like it's c-spam. I am not an emotionless admin robot who is going to pretend I've never heard of this "Benghazi 2" before and treat her posts as if they happened in a vacuum. Max Paineframe explained the rest already, a lot better than I could. Case closed.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

I can't think of any particular post BENGHAZI 2 has made that I liked and their rapsheet is a mile long, so I'm not particularly upset at this probation.

It does seem concerning that the mod did not think to explain it as a cumulative punishment and it looks extra sad now that main paineframe put some new rules down right after it happened.

if dickeye is being probated for being a habitual shitposter, and not for the post itself, there is still a complete failure of communication between the mods and the posters. why did her more acerbic posts not catch a 3-day timeout? to go from zero to month-long just makes the process seem arbitrary (and indeed makes it seem like dickeye's true offense was backtalk to the mods).

beyond how arbitrary this seems, it really speaks to the breakdown of communication between the mods and the rest of us. even now, the approach to this scenario is for them to bunker up, deliberate, and deliver their judgment. Why not have some damned dialogue with the userbase?

transparency and collaboration in this process would create tons and tons of good will between the two parties.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

fool of sound posted:

If they desperately need to publicly complain right now they can make a new thread I guess? Or wait a little while. Or post about it in cspam? I dunno. You can also pm me or another mod or IK for more info.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
ok, thread closure was my fault apparently?? not sure how that happened.

repost:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah don't treat d&d like it's c-spam, and don't post stuff like "teehee I'm going to kitty jail" before you go posting in d&d like it's c-spam. I am not an emotionless admin robot who is going to pretend I've never heard of this "Benghazi 2" before and treat her posts as if they happened in a vacuum. Max Paineframe explained the rest already, a lot better than I could. Case closed.

are you seriously probating dickeye for posts she made in the cspam thread? like come on. none of her recent posts in that thread were remotely worthy of a probation of any sort (beyond a sixer), and what's more this speaks yet again to the absolute refusal to engage in any reciprocity with the userbase!

how many times are you going to slam the door shut on a potential dialogue to be had? does it not occur to you that perhaps this is interrelated to the constant feelings of alienation that certain posters believed to be coming from the mods, which led to the absolute meltdown involving FYAD? Please, show some willingness to earnestly engage with us, this forum is precariously low on trust between the posters and mod team.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 23, 2019

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

She absolutely and verifiably did not do this you absolute loving liar.

twodot
Aug 7, 2005

You are objectively correct that this person is dumb and has said dumb things

You realize you have better than a dozen D&D posters saying this is some bullshit right? Is the goal to drive out your base?
edit:
Like even if you really believe you are right (you are not), you at a minimum need to engage on this.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
e: nm

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 23, 2019

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

A big flaming stink posted:

how many times are you going to slam the door shut on a potential dialogue to be had?
I mean, to be fair, in this case there really isn't any productive dialogue to be had. One side is unequivocally 100% in the wrong. In such cases there are really only two things you can do, capitulate or dig in.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

CascadeBeta posted:

The fact that the thread was locked and the response was sent as a PM to the OP rather than just outright posted in the thread tells you everything you need to know, tbh.

actually, no, it was a post right above.

im still not sure how i posted after jeffrey closed the thread (unless i closed the thread somehow?)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Thank you for protecting us, Jeffery from Yospos. You aren't an inept clown at all.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
This is loving absurd. In a site that has had multiple bigoted or sex pest mods and admins, the sheer smoothbrained narcissism that makes the mods feel that they MUST always be in the right is insane

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

This is the admin who, the last time PPJ blatantly overreached, unequivocally sided with him while propping up FYAD's supposed ability to effectively self-police.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Yeah don't treat d&d like it's c-spam, and don't post stuff like "teehee I'm going to kitty jail" before you go posting in d&d like it's c-spam.

This verifiably didn't happen.

Post proof with timestamps.