Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

This is the admin who, the last time PPJ blatantly overreached, unequivocally sided with him while propping up FYAD's supposed ability to effectively self-police.

this isn't even a cspam thing! I'm mostly a d&d poster, and i highly doubt i have any rep in anyone's mind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.
I'm not sure what the drama is or what anyone really hopes to accomplish here, but blue stars coming in, being idiots, and getting protected via bullshit probations on "problem" posters has a long and storied tradition. This poo poo was a persistent problem with Grover, and it was used to prevent outing some pretty heinous behavior on the part of the moderation team.

I thought we were past it, but evidently not.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

A big flaming stink posted:

actually, no, it was a post right above.

im still not sure how i posted after jeffrey closed the thread (unless i closed the thread somehow?)

Weird, viewing the newest posts went to the post after it, so I assumed it was PMed. My bad.

unwantedplatypus posted:

This is loving absurd. In a site that has had multiple bigoted or sex pest mods and admins, the sheer smoothbrained narcissism that makes the mods feel that they MUST always be in the right is insane

Word.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
Recognizing the reality of an incoming probation is probation worthy, apparently

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Also this whole "don't treat D&D like CSPAM" thing is baseless horseshit. That's not what this is about, though I know the mods involved really wish it was, because that's literally the only framing they can use where this whole thing doesn't sound stupid as gently caress from the initial probe to the current response.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
I wish this was the Matrix so I could grab a big meaty slab of forums code and smash it to bits. Pour gasoline on the PI cute puppy thread and dance on it while it burns. Maybe smash up C-Spam so the D&D crew can tsk-tsk and say "they're only destroying their own community" while they poo poo their pants. People in positions of authority really only stand violence and fear, dialogues are pointless and only used to buy time so the anger fizzles out. gently caress them and gently caress QCS. We'll get better results without it tbh.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PPJ has a long history of loaded and biased probations and moderating behavior, this isn't an isolated incident even if the admins think B2 specifically is a problem poster.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah don't treat d&d like it's c-spam, and don't post stuff like "teehee I'm going to kitty jail" before you go posting in d&d like it's c-spam. I am not an emotionless admin robot who is going to pretend I've never heard of this "Benghazi 2" before and treat her posts as if they happened in a vacuum. Max Paineframe explained the rest already, a lot better than I could. Case closed.

yeah if you can find someone doing that you should probably probe them, that's never not been insufferable nonsense.

on the other hand, lying to say that's what this was is remarkably stupid

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah don't treat d&d like it's c-spam, and don't post stuff like "teehee I'm going to kitty jail" before you go posting in d&d like it's c-spam. I am not an emotionless admin robot who is going to pretend I've never heard of this "Benghazi 2" before and treat her posts as if they happened in a vacuum. Max Paineframe explained the rest already, a lot better than I could. Case closed.

I Have Heard Your Name Before, Poster. Case Closed

lmao no wonder qcs can't be reopened if this is the admin team trying to act like they know poo poo about poo poo

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
the idiot fucker everyone hates made yet another bad decision and they ran to the red stars to make sure everyone understood that the admin team is capable of reading and also remembering usernames lmao

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"You shouldn't believe the obviously lying millionaire" is such an incredibly over-the-top insult and such a heinous breach of basic human decency that a loving month probation was the only way to handle it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to break out the calipers and make sure the "just asking questions" crowd are staying on the right side of the line. It would be a shame if they slipped into outright bigotry; they might have to take a sixer.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
Hmm, yes, an excellent idea! Let's poke the community that's still pissed at the piss poor effort the admins made about the piss show that happened in qcs when we all complained about fyads pissing transphobia.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Sharkie posted:

"You shouldn't believe the obviously lying millionaire" is such an incredibly over-the-top insult and such a heinous breach of basic human decency that a loving month probation was the only way to handle it.

especially since the person being insulted was not a poster but just some rando from an article.

truly, truly heinous behavior

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
1) Un-probate Benghazi 2

2) Re-open QCS

3) Give C-spam it’s own mods

Put this in the OP

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

unwantedplatypus posted:

1) Un-probate Benghazi 2

2) Re-open QCS

Put this in the OP

4) Make CSPAM a top-level forum

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

unwantedplatypus posted:

1) Un-probate Benghazi 2

2) Re-open QCS

Put this in the OP

This tbh.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

mormonpartyboat posted:

I Have Heard Your Name Before, Poster. Case Closed

lmao no wonder qcs can't be reopened if this is the admin team trying to act like they know poo poo about poo poo

also no wonder why qcs has been basically just fyad-lite for years

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

unwantedplatypus posted:

1) Un-probate Benghazi 2

2) Re-open QCS

Put this in the OP

Maybe de-mod Party Plane Jones given his long history of pulling this poo poo.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

endlessmonotony posted:

Maybe de-mod Party Plane Jones given his long history of pulling this poo poo.

Yes, also this. Please de-mod PPJ.

We don't care if you don't have a perfect replacement yet. Just loving pick a replacement and go with it, even fool of sound, anyone would be better than PPJ at this point. And then if PPJ's replacement also turns out to suck, we can deal with that.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
QCS was just a busy box. A sound proof screaming room. How much change actually came out of it?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

make Dickeye a mod

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i have no idea what happened and am not about to wage in but lmfao as a heterosexual straight white american cis male

That's an amazing sequence of words to type.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The only thing you can't do in D&D is make fun of the idiots dumb enough to moderate D&D.

Racism, misogyny, genocide denial: OK

Insulated stairs: PROBE

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yes, also this. Please de-mod PPJ.

We don't care if you don't have a perfect replacement yet. Just loving pick a replacement and go with it, even fool of sound, anyone would be better than PPJ at this point. And then if PPJ's replacement also turns out to suck, we can deal with that.

I agree. I called an obvious troll a smooth-brained knucledragger and got a week probe. His modding sucks and is biased as gently caress.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Catch-all: lovely posts are against the rules. What's a lovely post? That's up to the mods to decide. If you can't figure out what rule you broke, it's this one. Your post was lovely.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Herstory Begins Now posted:

i have no idea what happened and am not about to wage in but lmfao as a heterosexual straight white american cis male

That's an amazing sequence of words to type.

namechange to "as a heterosexual straight white american cis male, i"

probably won't fit though

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Catch-all: lovely posts are against the rules. What's a lovely post? That's up to the mods to decide. If you can't figure out what rule you broke, it's this one. Your post was lovely.

Your posting is the real warcrime.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Also this whole "don't treat D&D like CSPAM" thing is baseless horseshit. That's not what this is about, though I know the mods involved really wish it was, because that's literally the only framing they can use where this whole thing doesn't sound stupid as gently caress from the initial probe to the current response.

epic shitlibbereh behavior from d&d

greetings from the fyad-lite politics forum :c00lbert:

all posting hijinks aside, the only reason c-spam was brought up was the conjecture of past moderation activity that shows excessive force and overreach as a repeated incident by trying to assign blame of crossposting, the cases are different but the profiling is very much the same~

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
I'm just glad the mod team isnt succumbing the whims of purple haired kooks anymore.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
as this is the appropriate thread for it I have to laugh like hell that the official thread-reopening post-Benghazi2gate was five tweets with zero commentary

we will build a better D&D, a stronger D&D, a D&D composed entirely of twitter reposts and the occasional "big, if true"

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

forum invasions have always been probatable. I don't know what any of this is about and didn't read the thread but ppj seems fine to me

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Squalid posted:

I don't know what any of this is about and didn't read the thread

Clearly

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Squalid posted:

forum invasions have always been probatable.

dickeye is a regular poster of the primary thread.

quote:

I don't know what any of this is about and didn't read the thread

perhaps that fact should cause you to exercise your prudence

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Squalid posted:

forum invasions have always been probatable. I don't know what any of this is about and didn't read the thread but ppj seems fine to me

Then why would you contribute your uninformed opinion? Don't you have a hobby or something else you could do?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Congrats to PPJ for starting a forums version of a BLM protest complete with All Lives Matter assholes trying to counter it

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

im not sure whats worse, the posters stomping in here saying they dont see whats wrong or the mods making poo poo up as an excuse to cover for a mods hurt feelings

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The concept that cspam forums invaded d&d is insane since most of us started of reading that first. cspam is a fairly new forum with just a different posting style ffs.

edit: also BENGAHZI 2 did nothing wrong. there was nothing wrong with their post. Stop doubling down, admit yall were wrong and commute the drat sentence. Some loving Rick Perry level poo poo in there.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 23, 2019

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squalid posted:

there has never been one between c-spam or d&d in the history of ever, and the fact that you're spouting this off just goes to show what a great job they handled the "incident" (it was fabricated reasoning) to have useful idiots like you assert this baseless accusation in an epic kramerpost because there was no clarity or resolution clearly

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

mycomancy posted:

Then why would you contribute your uninformed opinion? Don't you have a hobby or something else you could do?

this thread is bad and forums meta is not deserving of careful thought. w/r/t ppg though not noticing any drama is usually a sign of a good mod. primary thread is pretty bad though, i'd gas the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

SocketWrench posted:

Congrats to PPJ for starting a forums version of a BLM protest complete with All Lives Matter assholes trying to counter it

All Mod Feelings Matter