Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS

I drink both but usually iced in both cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RudeCat

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

in those films where someone takes a pill or whatever and it unlocks their full human potential, the pill is made from coffee and tea combined. be careful

I'm ready to release my Limiter Seal.

google THIS

I'm honestly surprised that cofftea isn't, if not an actual thing, at the very least a pretentious thing.

RudeCat

you've given it a name now, so that puts it one step closer to becoming a reality

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

google THIS posted:

I'm honestly surprised that cofftea isn't, if not an actual thing, at the very least a pretentious thing.

are people still putting butter in their coffee? pretentious asses. what's wrong with good old Crisco?

RudeCat

I like to put a tablespoon of xanthan gum in and turn that coffee beverage into a coffee topical!

ulvir

i drink both. coffee at work and loads of the leafy stuff at home

ulvir

ulvir posted:

i looked it up and is called cascara

i am a dumbass and thought i posted this first:

google THIS posted:

there’s sort of a cofftea thing where you brew the shells or leaves from the coffee plant like you would brew a tea, and is supposed to taste pretty good, but i think its hard to come by and possibly overpriced

ulvir fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 24, 2019

tradjik

you guys are super chill about this divisive topic i will have to try harder next time

ulvir

how did my last post turn into an edit and a quote at the same time wtf am i doing

tradjik

ulvir posted:

how did my last post turn into an edit and a quote at the same time wtf am i doing

is it perhaps time for a night time barely stimulating beverage?

google THIS

ulvir posted:

i am a dumbass and thought i posted this first:

there’s sort of a cofftea thing where you brew the shells or leaves from the coffee plant like you would brew a tea, and is supposed to taste pretty good, but i think its hard to come by and possibly overpriced

Cascara is the dried coffee berry/cherry that usually gets discarded in favor of the bean I think. Starbucks did a coffee drink with cascara for a while and I guess if you can imagine coffee as a somewhat tart fruit but still essentially coffee that's kind of what it was like, also there's a vitamin water-like bottled drink called Bai that uses the coffee cherry and tries to pass it off as an antioxidant-rich superfood because of course, why wouldn't it be?

RudeCat

gonna make *real* cofftea tomorrow. do I make it be a pour over, moka, or french press or do I go nuts and just make it turkish style (turkish tea?)

tradjik

RudeCat posted:

gonna make *real* cofftea tomorrow. do I make it be a pour over, moka, or french press or do I go nuts and just make it turkish style (turkish tea?)

i suggest following your heart at first and seeing how it tastes and affects you, then changing it up every so often until you find your new fav chimeraic cofftea

RudeCat

I think a pour over will be the best for the flavors of both beverage.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

RudeCat posted:

I feel like a French press would be the most pure form of the beverage, but of course we won't know until the numbers start coming in

Stoner Sloth

google THIS posted:

I drink both but usually iced in both cases.

iced coffee is p big around these here parts, particularly Farmer's Union brand

it's not my cup of tea though :rimshot:

i don't usually drink either though as i have more than enough trouble sleeping as is, tend to stick to water or the occasional juice

i do have a laugh every time i think about rich folk drinking that coffee made from beans that civets have shat out

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

tradjik

my favourite bubble tea store is currently making me a custom tea because i am their favourite customer

mango with a black tea instead of green. gonna be good

Stoner Sloth

do they have discussions like 'and what is the provenance and vintage of the viverrid's anus this coffee came out of?' or worry about the ethics of farmed civet rear end vs free range?

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

RudeCat

if you can imagine it, someone out there has argued about it

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

black tea > green tea

tradjik

black tea > green tea

agreed, fellow space man.

hi btw, it's been a while

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Tay
2 cups of irish breakfast every mornin

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

tradjik posted:

agreed, fellow space man.

hi btw, it's been a while

hello!

Escape From Noise

I'm a big tea drinker. It's Da Best

Escape From Noise

black tea > green tea

Dat dragon well tho.

Also I do enjoy me a nice oolong. White tea and puer tea is just right sometimes too

tradjik

i think this tea is too strong i cannot stop posting

ulvir

black tea > green tea

puerh / oolong > green tea > white tea > black tea

though oolong includes highly oxidised ones and puerh includes ripe so in a way darker teas win over green

tradjik

i also like tea :downs:

Escape From Noise

ulvir posted:

puerh / oolong > green tea > white tea > black tea

though oolong includes highly oxidised ones and puerh includes ripe so in a way darker teas win over green

Sorry but Yunnan gold leaf is awesome.

ulvir

you drink what you want to drink friend :) but its not a hard and fast hierarchy, ill still have a cup of black now and again when i feel like it

Escape From Noise

Oh. For sure. But have you had it? It depends on my mood but I just love a good Chinese black tea

tradjik

i have been drinking a really strong ceylon milk tea but it's been affecting my mood too much so i'm now drinking something more chill

ty heather papps u da bes

ulvir

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Oh. For sure. But have you had it? It depends on my mood but I just love a good Chinese black tea

is it the same as dian hong?

ulvir

googling says yes, so i’ve definitely tried it. i actually have a tin that i won from teavivre once. it has a sort of tomato sauce-like aroma i think. it’s good

poverty goat

It's coffee with hard eggnog this morning :twisted:

Finger Prince

RudeCat posted:

I keep thinking of making coffee by using tea for the water and getting the absolute best of both worlds (I grew up as a tea drinker back in the old country but love coffee) but my wife doesn't seem too enthusiastic. do I have a broken wife?

I once had a black tea with a shot of espresso in it from a Chinese cafe so it is possible your wife isn't Chinese.

Finger Prince

Cascara always makes me think of Cascada and now you will too because everyone needs to think of epically bad eurodance (the best kind) when they discuss beverages made from dried coffee berry pulp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flf3FOmFR10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G6QDNC4jPs

cda

by Hand Knit
Coffee before 3pm, tea after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tradjik

christmas tea so i can stay up more late

ty heather papps u da bes