Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Forklift Driver Klaus is a goddamn classic. Possibly NWS for gore/blood (over the top)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

spending 5 minutes sincerely thinking about the differences between jam and jelly

Escape From Noise

nut posted:

spending 5 minutes sincerely thinking about the differences between jam and jelly

Blue Jam was an unsettling show

Manifisto

situationless comedy

[disembodied voice 1, floating in from off blank screen]: what's the deal with nourishment? in whatever context it comes it is always essentially the same

[disembodied voice 2, which sounds exactly like voice 1 but comes from off the other side of the screen]: it's makin' me cycle through emotions! emotions, you hear me?

*bass slap*

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dream Theater comedy- A comedian does their act, and the audience goes home and goes to sleep.

Any dreams the audience has related to the comedian's standup act are shared, and the resulting dreams determine the quality of the act.

Bad dreams? Bad act.

Good dreams? We have a rising new star!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

El Spider

Toilet humour - extremely juvenile jokes centred around the bodily functions we do into our porcelain thrones. Pooping and making GBS threads as well as peeing are all staples of this genre. Crossover content has high potential for payout, such as telling somebody you're preparing their lunch (making a big stinky turd with parsley on it, GWS whaddup?), perfecting cloning technology (the person you address IS the piece of poo poo, lmao)[science joke], as well as the tried and true "FOr me to POOP on :wth::D"[drawing on monkeycheese elements].

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

google THIS

Here, maybe Simple English Wikipedia can help set us on the right path:

Humour or humor (Greek: Χιούμορ) is the way that some experiences can make people laugh or feel happy. Most people can amused (laugh or smile at something funny) and have a sense of humor. You can use puns with words that sound similar but have different meanings, or a word that has two meanings.[1] Other examples of humor are satire, saying yes or no when it is not expected, and using different kinds of logic. People of different ages and cultures can find different things humorous.[1] For example, adults may like satire, which children could find hard to understand.[2][3] A comedian is someone who is paid to make people laugh. Famous comedians include Alan Carr and Harry Hill.

Manifisto

google THIS posted:

Here, maybe Simple English Wikipedia can help set us on the right path:

Humour or humor (Greek: Χιούμορ) is the way that some experiences can make people laugh or feel happy. Most people can amused (laugh or smile at something funny) and have a sense of humor. You can use puns with words that sound similar but have different meanings, or a word that has two meanings.[1] Other examples of humor are satire, saying yes or no when it is not expected, and using different kinds of logic. People of different ages and cultures can find different things humorous.[1] For example, adults may like satire, which children could find hard to understand.[2][3] A comedian is someone who is paid to make people laugh. Famous comedians include Alan Carr and Harry Hill.

yes or no

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

:lol:

Winifred Madgers

it DOES work!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

my favourite kind of humor is being super nice. like, too nice. inappropriately nice. someone threatens you or calls you a slur and you just shine a smile at them and open your arms for an embrace and tell them you love them. someone kicks over your change cup and you smile and tell them "god bless, have a nice day". you see someone sad/angry on the bus or at the library and you tell them "the world is a beautiful place and i'm glad that you're in it" and smile. smiling is a foundational aspect here

it's a subversion of expectations thing i guess, pretty derivative just a passion project of mine

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Escape From Noise

owlhawk911 posted:

my favourite kind of humor is being super nice. like, too nice. inappropriately nice. someone threatens you or calls you a slur and you just shine a smile at them and open your arms for an embrace and tell them you love them. someone kicks over your change cup and you smile and tell them "god bless, have a nice day". you see someone sad/angry on the bus or at the library and you tell them "the world is a beautiful place and i'm glad that you're in it" and smile. smiling is a foundational aspect here

it's a subversion of expectations thing i guess, pretty derivative just a passion project of mine

Acting super overly polite in Japanese is a legit way to get a laugh here. I use it pretty often

The Booty

Sweet niblets
What about mixing humor archetypes? For instance:

A: Knock knock.
B: Who's there?
A: White people amirite? *hits person B* bAnANA!! uR A *insert slur here*!!!1!!!!1!!
B: yes or no.

Not gonna lie I hated typing that but maybe this direction merits further exploration? Or maybe a synthesis of different types of humor is itself just lol random xDD humor?

I think my brain is too small to come up with anything. It's starting to hurt.

nut

The Booty posted:

What about mixing humor archetypes? For instance:

A: Knock knock.
B: Who's there?
A: White people amirite? *hits person B* bAnANA!! uR A *insert slur here*!!!1!!!!1!!
B: yes or no.

Not gonna lie I hated typing that but maybe this direction merits further exploration? Or maybe a synthesis of different types of humor is itself just lol random xDD humor?

I think my brain is too small to come up with anything. It's starting to hurt.

orange you glad I hardly know ‘er

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
knock-knock jokes don’t make sense any longer in today’s modern world, where we are all possessed of subtle bodies like the risen Christ and no-one opens a door any longer much less knocks upon it. perhaps we can find an onomatopoeia for the angelic noises that accompany the manifestation of apparitions?

----------------

xcheopis

Bonaventure posted:

knock-knock jokes don’t make sense any longer in today’s modern world, where we are all possessed of subtle bodies like the risen Christ and no-one opens a door any longer much less knocks upon it. perhaps we can find an onomatopoeia for the angelic noises that accompany the manifestation of apparitions?

Whatever noise this is, perhaps?
:angel:

tradjik

Bonaventure posted:

ping

schloop

pop

gulp

tradjik

an angel descends from the heavens, exclaims "no poo poo" in a hushed, aweful tone and departs gracefully with a click

tradjik

Bonaventure posted:

this post keeps drawing me back and now i want to think of a real onomatopoeia

what sound does a silent slash from the void through to reality make, though?

e; you should make a thread this one is derailing sorry jokesters

tradjik fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 25, 2019

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

nut posted:

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

tradjik posted:

an angel descends from the heavens, exclaims "no poo poo" in a hushed, aweful tone and departs gracefully with a click

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

xcheopis

nut posted:

Hi "rectum" I'm dad

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
A comedian meditating in a backwater comedy club with his headphones in, one earbud playing Dane Cook's discography, the other playing every major netflix standup special of the past decade. After a minute he nods thoughtfully and an angelic expression comes over his face. A sound like the seinfeld theme with the reverb set to 98% plays, and he stands up and walks to the stage, his back to the mic. After a minute he lets loose an extremely powerful fart. The audience falls over themselves in hoots of laughter and mirth.

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

tradjik

a hacker on a phone takes a break to hit up a few girls, the volume on his phone keeps changing so his logical hacker brain says a bug in the device. the angels find the irony hillarious

ty heather papps u da bes

nut

xcheopis posted:

Hi "rectum" I'm dad

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

magic cactus posted:

A comedian meditating in a backwater comedy club with his headphones in, one earbud playing Dane Cook's discography, the other playing every major netflix standup special of the past decade. After a minute he nods thoughtfully and an angelic expression comes over his face. A sound like the seinfeld theme with the reverb set to 98% plays, and he stands up and walks to the stage, his back to the mic. After a minute he lets loose an extremely powerful fart. The audience falls over themselves in hoots of laughter and mirth.

tradjik

a man who once lost his pockets spreads the mind infection and everybody laughs

tradjik

a man leads a group to do a thing that the people would otherwise not be inclined to do. the man chuckles with glee

xcheopis

tradjik posted:

a man who once lost his pockets spreads the mind infection and everybody laughs

(woman :j:)

Edit: Oooohhh, I get it. :doh: Sorry, I'm a bit slow.

xcheopis fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 25, 2019

tradjik

i thought you said a man said it to you

xcheopis

tradjik posted:

i thought you said a man said it to you

Oh, sorry! Yes.

I sometimes wonder if he knows how much time we spent on our quest or knew how completely high we were.

tradjik

xcheopis posted:

Oh, sorry! Yes.

I sometimes wonder if he knows how much time we spent on our quest or knew how completely high we were.

perhaps he knows but lost himself once too often

tradjik

i think the most new form of humor might be straight faced seriousness without obfuscation cos a lot of people are laughing their asses off rn

google THIS

google THIS posted:

Sitcom doctor: Some people legitimately benefit from psychotropic medications, but after carefully listening to your problems and looking at your medical and mental health history I don't think they would be a good fit for you.

(audience laughs so hard the actors have to pause before they continue)

cda posted:

If you would like a second opinion, I can refer you to one of my colleagues in this practice or you can select any other doctor and I would be happy to send them your medical records.

I've run some analysis and realized this backslid into irony. Stale, played-out irony, the killer of humor innovation.

google THIS

Me: I'm going to invent a new positive, uplifting kind of humor!

Irony Wizard: Poof! I just turned your humor into a satirical gibe at the status quo!

Me: :argh: Curse you, Irony Wizard!

(I try to stab Irony Wizard but all I can find are a bunch of spoons)

Macnult

premise with laughter and then it’s up to the audience to provide the joke

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
I’ve often read on the Internet that in order to be funny, comedy has to “punch upward;” but what if we imagined a comedy that punched downward instead??

----------------

xcheopis

Bonaventure posted:

I’ve often read on the Internet that in order to be funny, comedy has to “punch upward;” but what if we imagined a comedy that punched downward instead??

:confused:
We already have more than enough of that.

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
situation comedy for the Deaf and we call it sign-feld

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tradjik

xcheopis posted:

:confused:
We already have more than enough of that.

i think that's the joke buddy (but i'm not positive)