Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

tradjik posted:

i think that's the joke buddy (but i'm not positive)

I am on fire today with this whole "getting it" thing. Maybe it's glandular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
doing hosed up crimes, but you’re dressed like a clown

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

tradjik

Bonaventure posted:

doing hosed up crimes, but you’re dressed like a clown

hey mcdonalds hasn't killed THAT many people

ty heather papps u da bes

tradjik

waking up and continuing the joking style of the day before, this is perhaps the greatest crime i've heard of

tradjik

a man sits in his garage smoking listening to music, smiling dumbly at himself, but he doesn't post the youtube link. the audience grabs their popcorn before realising its not even close to the 420 punchline and stand up demanding a refund. hollywood chuckles. fade to pink

FutonForensic

Zoltán Galántai argued that a Type V civilization on the expanded Kardashev Scale (a civilization that can control collections of universes) could not be detected, as its activities would be indistinguishable from the workings of nature. From this we can infer that the civilization would posess forms of humor equally undetectable, such as the observation that a Tesseract in UNI-fa326 eats rear end like this, while a Tesseract in UNI-54cb2 eats rear end like this

Mr. Dick

by Cyrano4747
Humor holism or the guffaw gestalt.

With horror movies, a lot of the fright is carried by the music, the lighting, the camera work, the sets, like the overall ambience. You could, for example, have a really claustrophobic shakey cam and a red tinted filter and low light and have some really slow cello bowing sounds and slowed down cat hissing noises on the soundtrack and it would all be kind of unnerving even when the door to the disheveled victorian house rustily creaks open, the camera zooms out and it's just a dude delivering a pizza. The point being that all the atmospheric cues sell the affect you are trying to effect. Now we apply that reasoning to comedy. The gestalt effect may even be strong enough that humor ambience could entirely fill in for the missing joke. Imagine, two dudes sitting on a couch, sharing a joint and playing Golden Eye. No jokes, no overt attempts at humor, not even humorously dickish gameplay. Now imagine that the living room the two dudes are sitting in is painted like the room in the video for Parents Just Don't Understand, that the coffee table the bong sits on is a boomerang table, that the entertainment system cabinet is carpeted but that the floor is not, that Kenny Loggins' Playing With the Boys is playing in the background, imagine a vhs slp filter applied to the scene.

----------------

tradjik

Bonaventure posted:

situation comedy for the Deaf and we call it sign-feld

tradjik

i think a lot about irony and post irony/new sincerity

i think these ideas are very cloudy and the obvious trap is believing your own bullshit

maybe jokes should be more sincere again

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

tradjik posted:

i think a lot about irony and post irony/new sincerity

i think these ideas are very cloudy and the obvious trap is believing your own bullshit

maybe jokes should be more sincere again

are you telling me Believe Your Own Bullshit is a trap?

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

let's get back to the Bob Hope-type comedy where you just mention things people are familiar with and they like it.

tradjik

weed cat alien drugs

tradjik

owlhawk911 posted:

are you telling me Believe Your Own Bullshit is a trap?

nah i just thought i'd throw in one of my acronyms to seem cool and with it

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

FutonForensic posted:

Zoltán Galántai argued that a Type V civilization on the expanded Kardashev Scale (a civilization that can control collections of universes) could not be detected, as its activities would be indistinguishable from the workings of nature. From this we can infer that the civilization would posess forms of humor equally undetectable, such as the observation that a Tesseract in UNI-fa326 eats rear end like this, while a Tesseract in UNI-54cb2 eats rear end like this

Might we also infer that Type IV civilizations on down to Type I civilizations are really nothing more than rear end eating snobs?

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

biosterous

humour based on making reference to things that do not exist & unknowable ideas

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

tradjik

biosterous posted:

this is probably one of my favourites

tradjik

what do you call a foot that you can't stand on?

a burden

FutonForensic

tradjik posted:

what do you call a foot that you can't stand on?

a burden

:stare:

tradjik

it's a critique on some of the jokes posted itt not on any posters

tradjik

person 1. what is a man?
p2. a miserable beast
p3. what sayeth thou?
p4. trolls

tradjik

my new form of humour is critical new new post sincerity

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
q: when is a door not a door?

a: the Winchester mystery house

----------------

tradjik

seeker 1: the stag continues to elude us, sir. we have every bird and beast under the sun searching but it seems to have simply vanished.

head seeker: let us sleep on it, then in the morrow we may know more.

seeker 2: let us knock on the door and see if they ask us about ourselves. we shall then respond in riddles before revealing the truth of our intentions.

head seeker: what

Finger Prince

Statistical humour. Like a really hilarious graph generated by an excel spreadsheet.

Goons Are Gifts

Humor based on laughter. It's funny to laugh, resulting in an eternal Perpetuum mobile of fun.

Manifisto

biosterous posted:

in dimension blurb they walk like this, in dimension florp they walk like this

tradjik

which door will you choose? that one? OK, but there's nothing behind this door, now what?

tradjik

stage 6 xiv. what now? let's troll
stage 7 civ. let us protect
stage 8 civ. let us watch

joke_explainer

cda posted:

the way i figure it, we're due for a kind of funny that hasn't been done before. let's try and figure out what the next kind of comedy is, and also maybe maintain a list of all previous forms of comedy so we can avoid them. here are some kinds of humor that have been done

- monkeh cheeze RaNdOme humor
- observational humor
- the kind of humor where you say slurs
- men/women black/white contrast humor
- satire
- *does a thing* humor
- slapstick
- puns
- humor where you say mean things at a person until they cry, then you say that you were just kidding and make fun of them for crying
- put labels on images (i.e. memes, political cartoons)

i think we can all agree that all these kinds of humor are still pretty funny but we don't want them to get played out, so let's see what we can come up with

what about a sort of thing where like, you make some big obvious thing but refuse to acknowledge it in an artistic work?

Like, you make a movie and you replace one actor (or all of them) many times, but you don't ever explain it and everyone acts like it is normal. That sounds pretty funny to me. Even funnier if you could have the director person interviewing about it and talking about the themes in the movie, and the interviewer asks, 'What was the deal with <actor changes>?' and he like hurriedly throws his microphone off and stands like 'This interview is over'

joke_explainer

what about a sort of... misleading humor, where a person says one thing, but actually means a very different thing.

joke_explainer

i'll call it 'cryptohumor'. It's like cryptofascism but for humor (NOT fascism)

tradjik

oof. i don't have a special pushbot for blame so i shall retreat behind the cloud once again

tradjik

what do you call a completely honest post?

not sure i forgot it's been a while

google THIS

In one of the first known instances of "chance humor," I will be performing 4'33" at the end of a big chili cook-off.

FutonForensic

google THIS posted:

In one of the first known instances of "chance humor," I will be performing 4'33" at the end of a big chili cook-off.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

google THIS posted:

Lmao

ulvir

affective humour: the humour acts as directionless and purposeless impulses that pulls the post every which way, and the poster’s body gets set into motion without any conscious intent. the humour can be indistinguishable from high posting or the uncentered humour that manfisto theorised earlier, or it can be a completely new thing. what sets it apart is the lack of intent prior to and during posting. only after the humour is posted will the poster even be aware of what he did.

tradjik

disaffection humour: making secretive jokes within jokes designed to both hide messages and trip people out thinking about the layersssssss mannnn

read: gaslighting

tradjik

stalker humour: finding out information about someone and hiding it in jokes to freak them out

also gaslighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cockler

by Fluffdaddy
if you suppose the universe is mechanical and that if it was possible for it to be fully observed it could then be considered predictable, like a math equation... wouldn't the *only* form of humor be... life?

The Cockler fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 30, 2019

----------------