Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
like, per gigabyte, how much do you think their average annual cost is for storage? a dime? a dollar?

put it another way: how much would, say, a gaggle of jackasses have to push to make a dent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

like, per gigabyte, how much do you think their average annual cost is for storage? a dime? a dollar?

put it another way: how much would, say, a gaggle of jackasses have to push to make a dent?

gaggles of jackasses pushing content is twitter's business.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

if you flood twitter with garbage data they'll just resell it at a hefty profit. you can't win.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
garbage data is the product

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Origin posted:

gaggles of jackasses pushing content is twitter's business.

yeah but most of that is text posts, jpegs, and occasional videos. what if you had a bunch of people just uploading video constantly?

Twitter claims a post limit of 2400 tweets per day and each individual video can be up to 512mb. most people could max out their upstream and not hit the (published) rate limits. make it based on a webcam so they can't just deduplicate it, and hell point the webcam in a room and theme it "will kitty show up??" and you could even bad faith argue it's a real channel and not a scheme to waste as much VC money as possible

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

akadajet posted:

if you flood twitter with garbage data they'll just resell it at a hefty profit. you can't win.

at the end of the day *some* over-moneyed shithead is losing money

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
why are you wasting their money instead of using it?
upload images and videos that encode encrypted blocks. then every tweet url becomes a pointer to a block, and a file is a collection of these urls plus the encryption key. make Twitter your own storage volume.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f8BlPDNLpQ

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

probably not much because twitters data is worthless, op

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
once you dedupe the cat gifs it’s not like there’s that much data.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

The Management posted:

upload images and videos that encode encrypted blocks. then every tweet url becomes a pointer to a block, and a file is a collection of these urls plus the encryption key. make Twitter your own storage volume.

that sounds like a lot more effort

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

twelve bucks.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

and the souls of 84 orphaned foreign children.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

The Management posted:

is this that cloud poo poo I’ve been hearing about?

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

The Management posted:

once you dedupe the cat gifs it’s not like there’s that much data.

just upload white noise videos

look at my post history for inspiration

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

there's a whole markov bot thread dedicated to spamming twitter with unfunny nonsense, op

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

akadajet posted:

there's a whole markov bot thread dedicated to spamming twitter with unfunny nonsense, op

Actually we prefer calling it "the canoe", though?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
we are anonymous, your aws fees will be undetectably higher, we will not stop until you meet our demands

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
By establishing this autocannibalistic model we deconstruct the new global advertisement mechanisms by rendering them into a surreal click-based economic model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

my brain revoked reading privileges from my eyes after this headline