Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i never feel more leftist than when im hammered and listening to springsteen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm probably closer to anarchist just cause theyr correct that the imposition of state hierarchy inevitably causes horrible corruption and violence regardless of whether you're Johnny Capitalism or Johnny Communism.

Otoh I think that the lefty move towards decentralisjng everything, which I think is based in those ideals, doesn't loving work at all. It's basically just giving up right from the beginning.
So I suppose ultimately I don't think of it as a very practical ideology but it is correct.

Also all the anarchists are useless weirdos arguing with eachother but that goes for everyone with strong political views.

Actual commies seem to spend too much time apologising mass deaths or telling people they can look forward to back breaking labour on a collective farm come the revolution. The obsession with labour can strike me as basically protestant work ethic sometimes.
It's obvious why communist rulers push it as an idea for the same reason capitalist rulers do.

saving this to read again later after i recover