Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i always just call myself "a Marxist", because the only concepts and critiques I have a full grasp of + faith in as correct are the groundworks Marx laid down in his critique of capital and other economic philosophies. my other favorite left thinkers are Sankara, Rousseau, Fanon, Angela Davis, Lenin, Mao, etc.

i admire many things about Lenin's revolution and Mao's revolution and think there's tons of great things to learn from both, but I'd never really call myself a Leninist or a Maoist

my biggest concerns are stopping imperialism, white supremacy/anti racism, decolonization, prison abolition, the abolition of private property, wage labor, dismantling patriarchy, the gender binary, nationalism, etc, and obviously at this juncture, addressing climate change in a sane but effective manner that preserves our species and as many other species as possible

big broad concepts that help build strong wide platforms for people to engage in direct action on and come together to share their common struggles while viciously stomping out any spooky liberal ideology and especially reactionary rhetoric, give material aide to each other, and be ready for what comes next

solidarity, solidarity, solidarity mother fuckers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU