Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

also the good poo poo about veon is that they have or had this insane three year warranty that covered absolutely everything no questions asked.

I don’t see how they make money but then again I am not in the business of selling electronics and therefore don’t know the margins merry Christmas you filthy animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what is the replacement pico model because our pico was loving awesome until it just stopped working for no good reason other than a lightning strike and now I can’t seem to find the pico

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

it's not the picostation but we've been getting these lately and they seem to work well at a good price. they handle a bunch of clients without much trouble. don't worry about the "mesh" part they work just fine in non-mesh applications.

awesome I’ll have a look. thank you!

Raluek posted:

i dont think the picostation ever got upgraded even to 5GHz N, much less AC. so its been dead for awhile.

i guess you could put an omni antenna on a bullet if you really need omni and airmax

not a real need, just that the pico station worked loving awesomely on the farm and had no issues with it at all, no reboots other than firmware, no nothing. it just worked. can’t handle a loving lightning strike though.

so yeah I was thinking, hoping to just swap it out.

the nanostation m5s are still grunting along about 3 or 4 years after I installed them.

poo poo it’s actually longer than that I think.

ubi make good poo poo.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

President Beep posted:

router’s old lmao!

I took a probe for this sort of poo poo back in the day

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I know gently caress all about:

- farming

- small talk

- internet stuff

- computers

and yet here I am posting in YOSPOS.

Always trust the advice you get on YOSPOS. We know what's bad. Like your operating system. It's a piece of poo poo.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

works fine

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

half the wiring in our house dates from the 1950s.

before the rennos it was a bit poo poo so naturally I thought redundancy in case it was still poo poo when we built the extension and got 2014 wiring.

the redundancy is cat6.

turns out eop works fine

I mean it’s not the best thing since mint sauce or anything but it works fine.

fine.

mount your clothes dryers to your walls you pussies.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

pussy

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

a Nz weatherboard house? moist enough.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

selling more tshirts there eh mr money bags?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

worth it to be able to find a flat in welly