Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joey Steel posted:

That's definitely a :10bux: :10bux: answer to me.

Thank you for donating!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerd Grenade
Mar 27, 2010
Wish I could help but its probably a conflict of interest since my firm does work for his campaign (although I don’t do any work on his stuff directly). I also didn’t realize how awful he was until now, I figured he was a generic Dem senator.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nerd Grenade posted:

Wish I could help but its probably a conflict of interest since my firm does work for his campaign (although I don’t do any work on his stuff directly). I also didn’t realize how awful he was until now, I figured he was a generic Dem senator.

Are you able to DM me on twitter? (@perennialfuckup) Or message me in some capacity?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

oh i forgot to do this a while ago can i get the street fighter

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

magiccarpet posted:

oh i forgot to do this a while ago can i get the street fighter

Thanks! I'll make sure you get your tag.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Serf recorded Jess in his podcast:
https://twitter.com/illennialspod/status/1216414554932031488

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hey D&D people. Thank to your contributions, we've raised $600 from here, in addition to the ~$5,000 or so from C-SPAM. If you want another incentive to donate besides healthcare as a human right and a Green New Deal for America, what about a six track EP inspired by our campaign?

https://twitter.com/the2dcat/status/1217830934541561857?s=20

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

So, I grew up in Delaware (mostly Wilmington and New Castle) and most of my family still lives there so I try to keep up with the local politics. Definitely support any effort to primary the centrist corporate ghouls representing the state.

Is there anything I can do to help beyond donating and talking up the campaign to in-state relatives?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mat Cauthon posted:

So, I grew up in Delaware (mostly Wilmington and New Castle) and most of my family still lives there so I try to keep up with the local politics. Definitely support any effort to primary the centrist corporate ghouls representing the state.

Is there anything I can do to help beyond donating and talking up the campaign to in-state relatives?

Yeah, I'm going to PM you my number and email. Let's talk.

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007
Atk:13 Add: Don't Act

I donated! Go Jessica!
Can I have the street fighter one?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SpellEdge posted:

I donated! Go Jessica!
Can I have the street fighter one?

Yeah, I'll make sure you get it. Thanks a lot!

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Donated $27 from south Jersey. No tag, thanks.

Godspeed, Coons. Don't let the door hit you in the rear end on the way out.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Cross posting because it's really important we get volunteers for these two phone banks. You can phone bank remotely or in person!

In addition to the normal phone banks and canvasses, we have two special ones in the next week:

1. This Wednesday, we want to absolutely spam the entire state with Jess phone calls because Chris Coons is doing his first phone bank of 2020 at the same time. If you can commit time, help us show the establishment that we will out organize them and win this election: https://actionnetwork.org/events/phone-bank-for-jess-129

2. Next Monday, our stupid pseudo-democracy is going to give undue importance to loving Iowa, as it dictates our fate for the next four years. It'd be great if we could get people to phone bank for Jess from 5:30 to 8:30 then watch together as Iowa either makes a very, very bad choice, or a very, very good one: https://actionnetwork.org/events/phone-bank-for-jess-129

If you're near Delaware, come visit us. If you're not, phone bank remotely. It's really important that number goes up uP UP for Jess.

PainterofCrap posted:

Donated $27 from south Jersey. No tag, thanks.

Godspeed, Coons. Don't let the door hit you in the rear end on the way out.

Thanks a lot! You're entitled to a free album by the way if you DM 2DCAT.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 27, 2020

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

$27 from MA, no tag, redirecting my cancelled warren donations to better candidates.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

charity rereg posted:

$27 from MA, no tag, redirecting my cancelled warren donations to better candidates.
Thank you.

I should say that this campaign has a huge return on investment too. It's a small win number (~60,000), and be won with probably like $500k. The majority of funds raised will go toward hiring organizers.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Nichael posted:

It's a small win number (~60,000), and be won with probably like $500k.

Can you elaborate on why you think $500k may be enough? Just seems like less than I would have expected.

It’s ok if you don’t want to go into detail, so it doesn’t get seen by the vile coons campaign

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MisterJed posted:

Can you elaborate on why you think $500k may be enough? Just seems like less than I would have expected.

It’s ok if you don’t want to go into detail, so it doesn’t get seen by the vile coons campaign

Because this is barely even a statewide race. We have a win number smaller than many congressional races, and most of our targeted universe is concentrated in a few, very small geographic areas. Almost all of our money can be used to hire people to organize field, and we'd likely win. If you want more details, you can PM me.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Nichael posted:

Because this is barely even a statewide race. We have a win number smaller than many congressional races, and most of our targeted universe is concentrated in a few, very small geographic areas. Almost all of our money can be used to hire people to organize field, and we'd likely win. If you want more details, you can PM me.

for those of you who haven't worked as organizers in a political race you have nooooo idea how much it matters that all the voters in this are concentrated in a small space. one staffer does a lot more when they can take two steps between door knocks compared to when your volunteers live 50 miles apart from one another

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Thanks Nichael and kingcobweb for the responses, fascinating stuff

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

it's pay day so sending some money Jess Scarane's way

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Peacoffee posted:

it's pay day so sending some money Jess Scarane's way

Thank you. Every donation goes towards giving our field organizers a living wage next month.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
$27 in. Good luck!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I donated $5 last night to Jessica.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Just donated, didn’t get a screenshot, but don’t need a gang tag.

Kick his rear end, Jess.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
How is fundraising looking? Hitting your goals or do we need to up the number of moths comically flying out of our wallets when we open them?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gyges posted:

How is fundraising looking? Hitting your goals or do we need to up the number of moths comically flying out of our wallets when we open them?

There's two ways of answering that. I think compared to similar progressive races around the nation, we're doing fine. But I need to be honest when I say that similar progressive races around the country have set a pretty low bar. Fundraising is going fine, but there is a lot of room for improvement. Jess will never out raise Chris, but she doesn't have to because (ironically) leftist campaigns are much more frugal and efficient at working within a budget, and strategically we know what to do with every dollar we get, while Chris is going to throw his stockpile at billboards.

We have a very good volunteer base, and considering this is Delaware, and this is February, it might be the strongest volunteer base in recent history in this state. We're also hitting very good numbers in terms of field. But we need to continually do better, and ultimately the only way to do that will be hiring field organizers. By March 1st, we will have four organizers hired, but if we want to win, I think we need to have substantially more employed by the campaign in the summer.

So this is a long way of saying, yes, please donate. And please tell your friends and family to donate, no matter how little they can spare. I guarantee this is winnable, and I believe Jess is an opportunity to redefine what the Senate is and can be. But we need to step up and volunteer or donate now.

We're doing good work on this campaign, a lot of which the state or party should be doing but simply has refused to:

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1224127088111865856

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Please win so that I can live vicariously through the nomination and election of someone who doesn't suck to the Senate, as I sit here represented by a Ghoul and the platonic ideal of a Young Republican.

That's all I ask in return for my donation.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Gyges posted:

Please win so that I can live vicariously through the nomination and election of someone who doesn't suck to the Senate, as I sit here represented by a Ghoul and the platonic ideal of a Young Republican.

I didn’t know you were in SC too.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gyges posted:

We're going to do it. Tell your friends and family about us, and :justpost: on social about us where you can.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DreamingofRoses posted:

I didn’t know you were in SC too.

Worse, our jr Senator holds the record for Medicare fraud.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/ChrisCoons/status/1225110704061132808

You know Coons wanted to vote to acquit. He must be spooked.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisCoons/status/1225110704061132808

You know Coons wanted to vote to acquit. He must be spooked.

He's a loving coward. At least the Republicans are honest that they're monsters, this guy claps for Trump and always calls him "our president."

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

People are suffering in Delaware. I know this because every weekend I'm in the poorest areas of the state talking to people. They don't have healthcare, they don't have equitable education, and they have to work multiple jobs for less than they made decades ago.

Meanwhile:

https://twitter.com/ChrisCoons/status/1225448956685058052?s=20

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
I gave. How do I post a receipt? Work and phone posting, so I can't really dig through tags.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dixon Chisholm posted:

I gave. How do I post a receipt? Work and phone posting, so I can't really dig through tags.

For the album or gang tag? Just tell me the value and rough time and I can corroborate.

Also thank you.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Nichael posted:

For the album or gang tag? Just tell me the value and rough time and I can corroborate.

Also thank you.

Give me the crying coons and put this in your album.

M4A BINCHRS

E: was on 1/31

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Give me the crying coons and put this in your album.

M4A BINCHRS

E: was on 1/31

requested!

DM 2dcat for an album on 2/24

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Gave $10

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I just donated.

Can she actually win? What else can I do to help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oxsnard posted:

I just donated.

Can she actually win? What else can I do to help?

She absolutely can win. We are routinely getting 15-25 volunteers on Saturdays and Sundays in the middle of winter. In Delaware. That is loving unheard of here. Sunday alone we knocked 750 doors throughout the state in about two hours, and we're now at about 70% of what Kerri knocked in her entire campaign.

Other ways you can help include:

1. Signing up to volunteer. If you're near DE, come canvass. If not, phone bank remotely.
2. Donating more. Or asking friends to donate.
3. Boosting on social media (she has the same handle, JessForDelaware, on FB, IG, and Twitter),
4. Telling your friends to boost and volunteer.
5. Considering volunteering in a deeper capacity. PM me for details or DM me on Twitter for details (@perennialfuckup)

This is the single best investment for the progressive movement in Congress in 2020. This is a winnable race. It can be won for relatively cheap, with very few votes (about 60,000). She will completely redefine what it means to be a Senator but we need everyone's help now.