Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Alobar posted:

if you really can't phonebank for whatever reason, you can help recruit phonebankers on whatever social media you do, including this very website

I really can't phonebank for whatever reason. However I just recruited two organizers to phonebank because asking people to phone bank literally never occurred to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

you're not too hosed up for this. consider this, i'm the field director for a federal us senate campaign (rofl).

please get on the dialer.

I gave it the old college try but got stuck figuring out whether I was volunteering for auxiliary or Senate.

Plus I am *super* drunk, high, etc. Last thing y'all need is an alcoholic slurring through the script.

I will clean up long enough to make some calls tomorrow evening if there's still time, though.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Happiness Commando posted:

I really can't phonebank for whatever reason. However I just recruited two organizers to phonebank because asking people to phone bank literally never occurred to me

thank you so much

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.

this made me so happy :yaycat:

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

A Terrible Person posted:

I gave it the old college try but got stuck figuring out whether I was volunteering for auxiliary or Senate.

Plus I am *super* drunk, high, etc. Last thing y'all need is an alcoholic slurring through the script.

I will clean up long enough to make some calls tomorrow evening if there's still time, though.

don't beat yourself up too hard if you can't immediately start doing it. just work on getting better every day.

my sobriety from booze has been a long, difficult road that is fueled by not wanting to let myself or my people down, as well as wanting to avoid how jaded and depressed it makes me feel in addition to the normal jadedness and depression.

it's sorta like when i quit cigarettes. i remembered that every time i buy that poo poo i'm paying some corporate scumbag to kill me and my friends slowly, and whenever i smoked one of those loving things i felt like loving poo poo and smelled bad.

booze kinda does the same thing to me. it makes me feel like poo poo. also, i'm chubby (even though people say i'm not, i am.) i was 195 pounds when i broke up with my ex about a year ago, and when i weighed myself the other day i was at 168! :yaycat:

i had two beers at the music studio to celebrate moving, and my buddy said "you want another?" and i was like "ehhhh....i already had *two* whole beers..."

:yaycat: i just made weed butter to try to quit smoking weed, and i haven't smoked at all today and i don't want to :yaycat:

~this post was typed while phonebanking~

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
This is a very weird thread. But someone asked me which federal candidate for election they should donate to, and I told them Jessica Scarane was the best use of their money.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

litany of gulps posted:

This is a very weird thread. But someone asked me which federal candidate for election they should donate to, and I told them Jessica Scarane was the best use of their money.

This is actually super helpful and you rock.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Hey, dumb question here, but maybe you guys can help. I got my mail-in Delaware Democratic primary ballot, and while obviously I know who I'm picking for Senate ;), I was wondering if you guys knew of any place that had any sort of statements/position collections/etc. for some of the other primaries. I feel like I'm not finding too much beyond the governor candidates, figured I should do some more research on stated positions and the like before I pick, was wondering if anybody had some suggested places to check. Or, for that matter, if anyone wants to pitch any of them in particular I'm quite willing to listen.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I'm not in Delaware but I asked in the campaign slack and it sounds like you can look at the Delaware working families party site to get some ideas for your other down ballots.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MadDogMike posted:

Hey, dumb question here, but maybe you guys can help. I got my mail-in Delaware Democratic primary ballot, and while obviously I know who I'm picking for Senate ;), I was wondering if you guys knew of any place that had any sort of statements/position collections/etc. for some of the other primaries. I feel like I'm not finding too much beyond the governor candidates, figured I should do some more research on stated positions and the like before I pick, was wondering if anybody had some suggested places to check. Or, for that matter, if anyone wants to pitch any of them in particular I'm quite willing to listen.
Governor: Don't vote for Carney.
Insurance: Kayode
NCC Council Pres: Monique
NCC County Exec Matt Meyers
Clerk: Aja

Other positions refer to the WFP DE candidates: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/de_wfp

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Nichael posted:

NCC County Exec Matt Meyers
Delaware Democrats finally being willing to kick Tom Gordon to the curb was a relief.

Does Jess have any plans for her senatorial trading card or do those no longer exist?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

NGDBSS posted:

Delaware Democrats finally being willing to kick Tom Gordon to the curb was a relief.

Does Jess have any plans for her senatorial trading card or do those no longer exist?
we're going to make a delaware collectible card game

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Nichael posted:

we're going to make a delaware collectible card game

instead of planeswalkers it'll be auditors

i was typing that joke and had to stifle my laughter saying "hello" to a 90 year old lady :ohdear:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Im blind and a moron but I dont see this posted so sorry if i'm spamming but THE AD IS GOOD FOLKS

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1293915192619917312?s=20

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Alobar posted:

instead of planeswalkers it'll be auditors

i was typing that joke and had to stifle my laughter saying "hello" to a 90 year old lady :ohdear:
I wholesomely laughed at both of these posts, well done.

silicone thrills posted:

Im blind and a moron but I dont see this posted so sorry if i'm spamming but THE AD IS GOOD FOLKS

Got some Big AOC Energy from this ad, incredible.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Alobar posted:

don't beat yourself up too hard if you can't immediately start doing it. just work on getting better every day.

my sobriety from booze has been a long, difficult road that is fueled by not wanting to let myself or my people down, as well as wanting to avoid how jaded and depressed it0 makes me feel in addition to the normal jadedness and depression.

it's sorta like when i quit cigarettes. i remembered that every time i buy that poo poo i'm paying some corporate scumbag to kill me and my friends slowly, and whenever i smoked one of those loving things i felt like loving poo poo and smelled bad.

booze kinda does the same thing to me. it makes me feel like poo poo. also, i'm chubby (even though people say i'm not, i am.) i was 195 pounds when i broke up with my ex about a year ago, and when i weighed myself the other day i was at 168! :yaycat:

i had two beers at the music studio to celebrate moving, and my buddy said "you want another?" and i was like "ehhhh....i already had *two* whole beers..."

:yaycat: i just made weed butter to try to quit smoking weed, and i haven't smoked at all today and i don't want to :yaycat:

~this post was typed while phonebanking~

Congratulations, seriously. And loving stick with it!

Also, thank you. I have been trying but it hasn't really been sticking, y'know?

poo poo went goddamn sideways, by the way.

Nobody has to believe me, but not a single thing I'm posting is a joke.

I hosed up. I hosed up hard. And then I promised to make up for it by phone-banking for Jess.

Then I blacked out. Like, 15 minutes later if i put it together right. Then I spent most of the next day vomiting. Then my basement flooded. Then I realized that I was showing signs of depression, which kinda explained the bingeing.

I have been a goddamn mess for years with no access to therapy or meds. If any single person shows sympathy for that, step back a second. I'm just laying it out and not trying to be manipulative or fish for compliments or anything like that.

Still... is there any other way to help the campaign? I am so, so sorry

I gave $50 sometime back, but who even knows what time is anymore.

gently caress

Feel free to give me a lengthy probe for an unofficial challenge. Sorry, everyone.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Specifically Alobar. I said some stupid poo poo. You had every right to feel singled out and attacked for trying to spread a message of change in favor of a specific candidate in a thread that was alien in tone to the rest of the subforum.

I get it. It made perfect sense. Then everything went upside-down. I'm sorry for being a part of that.

As to your follow-up post... I desperately wish I could take that pain back. Just swallow it up somehow. I am absolutely mortified at having taken part in making you feel that way.

And I apologize if my tone is strange. Best I can manage right now. Just getting ahead of that in case anyone asks.

I'm glad you been able to get off that poo poo, though

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Aug 14, 2020

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Your name doesn't match you! You are a good person!

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
No.

Just... no.

Check my post history if you can for a tiny taste.

I even recognize that denying it (and my previous apology) are actions of both the truly contrite and narcissistic chronic manipulators. I get the feeling I fall in the latter category, which is why I said I wasn't fishing for sympathy or compliments. I know how a well-worded, "contrite" apology can affect people.

I'm not asking forgiveness in this case, as such. I'm just saying I hosed up.

But, hey, thanks just the same. It felt really good to read that.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Bad people don't apologize for making other people feel like poo poo. Trust me. That's something good people do.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Very bad people can say some very nice things on occasion if they want something. I have done it myself, frequently and often without thinking about it.

That was the reason for the heavy use of disclaimers.

We're used to vile idiots giving so many non-apologies that sometimes people forget the more subtle villainy. Sometimes life forces you to play-act to get food or money or whatever. Sometimes people can enrich themselves emotionally or in other ways by doing the same things writ large. The first version is harmless and often necessary. People doing the latter can use people's better nature to do some big evil, though.

Trust everyone, but never lend what you can't afford to lose.

A Terrible Person fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 14, 2020

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

i think you're alright. it's ok. it's very clear that you're sincerely sorry, so it's no use to keep punching yourself in the face over it. keep your head up. do better today. do better tomorrow.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Jess twitch stream today!

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1294657155468058624?s=19

Hop on and enjoy some live talent!

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I enjoyed Jani Duerr of Earth Radio so I donated some money. Clearly this intensely internet strategy is paying off megabucks.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Hell yeah! Thank you so much and I know the performers really appreciate the viewership.

Miyamoto Musashi
Jul 22, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

This ad got me to donate again. This is who I want in Congress.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Miyamoto Musashi posted:

This ad got me to donate again. This is who I want in Congress.

Thank you! Can you phone bank as well?
https://www.jessfordelaware.com/volunteer

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Donated a number with a few 6's. Can't phonebank.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

A Terrible Person posted:

Donated a number with a few 6's. Can't phonebank.

Thank you!

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I hope you assholes are happy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I hope you assholes are happy

hey ohhhhhhhhhhh

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

by the way i'm never happy

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
It makes me happ....sort of. My brain is broken. It gives me a spark of inferred happiness i think.

Nerd Grenade
Mar 27, 2010
I’ve been back and forth between Bear and Ocean City, MD twice this month and I’ve noticed that all of Jess’ signs are a quarter of the size of the Coons campaign, I assume those ones are a lot more expensive?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nerd Grenade posted:

I’ve been back and forth between Bear and Ocean City, MD twice this month and I’ve noticed that all of Jess’ signs are a quarter of the size of the Coons campaign, I assume those ones are a lot more expensive?

Signs don't get votes, and are largely a waste of money that only serve to buoy the morale of existing supporters. Kerri spent a ton on large signs at the end which was a complete waste of money.

Instead, we're hiring paid canvassers this week, going on MSNBC and CNN tomorrow or Thursday, robocalled 60k people, called 33k people on Sunday, 9k yesterday, and doing actual work. :yaycat:

Please phone bank for us or canvass!

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Just signed up to volunteer phonebank, planning on joining the training session tonight. First time ever doing this, eek!

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Just signed up to volunteer phonebank, planning on joining the training session tonight. First time ever doing this, eek!

:yaycat: yay

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Hell yeah!

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

edit: nvm, got the info via text

Sharks Eat Bear fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Holy poo poo Jess is just such a legitimately good person.

My depression is back and its probably worse than its been in a long time. Just a timing and brain chemical thing. Anyway, because of this I lightened the amount of time I was spending on texting and I havent been able to bring myself to phone bank in a little bit because if someone tells me that they aren't for medicare for all i'm probably just gonna break down crying and ask why they want people like me to just loving give up and die.

So all that said - Jess directly reached out to me to ask how I was doing because she hadn't seen me around as much and was wondering how I was doing. Its little poo poo but it seriously is something i've never had happen on any other campaign i've volunteered for and its a big deal to me that i'm volunteering for someone who legitimately cares about the people who are volunteering for her. We had a conversation around it and mental health. Anyway. Its small and its not a big deal to other people probably but its a big deal to me.