Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unwise_Cashew
Jan 19, 2014
I'm surprised to see her on Katie Halper/Matt Taibbi's show before the RNC convention, but really happy for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

seems like a good sign that Chris Coons facebook ads are all commented up with Jess Scarane love

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chris Coons, known champion of Medicare for All:
https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1303313918434177025

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Good luck, you.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

free to make calls this evening?
https://www.mobilize.us/jessfordelaware/event/297655/

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

No sorry, It's past midnight here already.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Best of luck tomorrow!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Just sent another 20 bucks. Any good news you can share?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Just sent another 20 bucks. Any good news you can share?

We did 76,000 dials last night. 52,000 dials the night before. We've done more calls that Cori Bush and our win number is less.

Lately, our IDs average out to about 60% Jess support every night, and 5% Chris support. Thank you for donating, let's win.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Coons getting only 5% would be loving hilarious, please help me laugh Delaware.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gyges posted:

Coons getting only 5% would be loving hilarious, please help me laugh Delaware.

these are just IDs though, they really aren't reflective of the general population. if she wins, it'll be very close. I wish it was a landslide though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nichael posted:

We did 76,000 dials last night. 52,000 dials the night before. We've done more calls that Cori Bush and our win number is less.

Lately, our IDs average out to about 60% Jess support every night, and 5% Chris support. Thank you for donating, let's win.

Very much hoping that Jess wins. The idea of someone being excited to vote for Chris Coons is far beyond my comprehension.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mcmagic posted:

Very much hoping that Jess wins. The idea of someone being excited to vote for Chris Coons is far beyond my comprehension.

help us out! get on the dialer

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have donated to the campaign and ask others to phone bank pls

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gatts posted:

I have donated to the campaign and ask others to phone bank pls

gracias

not joseph stalin
Dec 30, 2008
Listened to the Jess Scarene interview on Chapo. Was great, especially the last 10 minutes or so. She really, genuinely is a model candidate -- frames issues really well, speaks passionately, was really personable and competent on her feet. She would not be decorum poisoned, would actually make a progressive agenda heard, especially since so many left-wing senators are probably going to retire in the next 6 years. Its really inspiring, if you need a little push for the last day!

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Man voting is so hosed. Website told me to go to the wrong poling place so I've been working on voting for almost 2 hours now standing around a bunch of people. Thanks Delaware!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

It's too late for today's primary obviously but for the general election I do recommend voting by mail if the state keeps it up. All relevant steps were tracked for my ballot, particularly that the state had received and recorded it.

Best of luck on your polling location search, I was surprised to find that the one within walking distance of my house wasn't in use. Or that there's little available north of Newark and Wilmington at all.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ascii genitals posted:

Man voting is so hosed. Website told me to go to the wrong poling place so I've been working on voting for almost 2 hours now standing around a bunch of people. Thanks Delaware!

were you able to vote

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

My condolences to Jessy Scarane and her campaign, and to you OP.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It was a good attempt and fight. Thank you.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
For a fight against an incumbent in a state that is practically the platonic ideal of :decorum: Democrats, you were up against a hard fight. Thank you and thank her for trying, I’m proud to have voted for her.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Much respect and love for you guys and gals who gave so much time and energy to this campaign and candidate. You did excellent work, and are building the movement that will pay off down the road.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sorry to see the results. It's always seemed like a campaign like this , where you're a big underdog, has to be incredibly hard and incredibly draining to run because you've got to believe against all odds it's going to work out - because when it works it's great, and it doesn't work if you don't believe in it. Everything suggests you guys gave it a hell of a try and there wasn't any stone left unturned that you could have turned - and it was very obvious that an insurgent campaign like this in a state like Delaware was going to be really, really badly hurt in its ability to compete by the COVID lockdowns which probably left you without a path to winning.

Better luck next time, hope the results weren't too discouraging. Going after a machine politician in a machine state like Delaware was never going to be easy, and getting a quarter of the vote while being utterly unable to in-person campaign is an impressive result.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

MadDogMike posted:

For a fight against an incumbent in a state that is practically the platonic ideal of :decorum: Democrats, you were up against a hard fight. Thank you and thank her for trying, I’m proud to have voted for her.

This, yes. And as has been mentioned in the other thread in C-SPAM: there were a lot of other progressive victories in the state legislature- including the upset of a notoriously homophobic representative by an actual drag queen- that I imagine were only helped by the good work that was done in this thread and beyond. My condolences Jessica lost, but you should all feel proud.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

We'll know the left has power when we can win races like this. Our voters suck right now.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

mcmagic posted:

We'll know the left has power when we can win races like this. Our voters suck right now.

When the left has power, it very quickly ceases to be the left as its organizations are infiltrated by the kind of vacuous drone that now run occupy democrats.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jess is a fantastic candidate and you guys put a campaign together that had me thinking you might actually win despite the insane amount of obstacles. Thank you so much for all your hard work. I would not be at all shocked if some leftist down ballot success was due to your pulling people to the polls. Those of us that care about our fellow Americans are all very proud of you. Keep up the good fight!

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

ikanreed posted:

When the left has power, it very quickly ceases to be the left as its organizations are infiltrated by the kind of vacuous drone that now run occupy democrats.

In that respect: the scarane campaign must be given 2 thanks, once for running and once for losing as both have done a great service for leftism

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks everyone. I don't think it would've gotten as far as it did without the support of this forum. It's really worth pointing that on Tuesday, five out of seven candidates from the WFP did win, and now our General Assembly has essentially four new very left people in it.

https://twitter.com/WorkingFamilies/status/1306229381451386880?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

Nichael posted:

were you able to vote

yes!