Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Honestly I am more uncomfortable with how they will handle Cid being verbally abusive to his...sorta-wife?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Oxxidation posted:

aeris does not and never did care about cloud in that way. she half-jokingly used him as a stand-in for her dead ex, realized her mistake too late, and died before they could achieve any real intimacy

I still like to think that Aerith still cared about Cloud, if not in a romantic way than in a friendship way, even after the Black Materia incident. Of course the tragedy is that you will never really know for sure anymore.

I don’t know if this is rose tinted glasses but it is wild how much of FF7 involves deeply broken people. It’s not something you really see anymore nowadays.

I guess the closest thing would be FF13 (stop laughing, the start of it at least), where the so-called Call to Action is made in the beginning and...everyone involved unanimously tells it to gently caress off (Except for Snow, but Snow is the worst)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, the boss battles are (mostly) extremely well designed. You can brute force them but if you pay attention and learn how the mechanics for each battle work they become a lot smoother and swifter. It feels really good because once you learn what you need to do you're styling on the boss.

Generally I found that if any boss was feeling overly tanky or immobile it was because I was doing something wrong. The game really genuinely wants you to experiment and constantly swap characters. What helped me a lot was figuring out that whoever you are controlling is effectively 'tanking' the fights, with an automatic aggro generation on enemies. Once you manage this by swapping between characters more readily you can massively manipulate enemies and it feels great.

Speaking of bosses, did the Scorpion Tank in the actual game seem any different than the demo version? On the one hand it felt a bit overtuned and most seemed to agree with that assessment. On the other I more or less felt I was done with the demo (I was sold and did not want to progress much more) and wasn't really trying by that point

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So some people are having trouble with the (chapter 9 boss spoilers) Hell House? I did not remember having much trouble with it. Then again I make it a point to keep the Access Materia with me at all times and use it for everything)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

zakharov posted:

the problem wasn't assessing, the problem is that he goes straight up invulnerable for long periods and if you don't get an appropriate-element hit in during the short window that he isn't, you gotta stall again.

if you overcame that, I commend you.

I think I just got lucky: I summoned Shiva while they were vulnerable to ice which may have knocked out a good portion of HP.

I am just surprised that I somehow dodged a bullet and came away thinking it was enjoyable. I mean I can name a number of other enemies that pissed me off (gently caress Sahagin)

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 26, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Proteus Jones posted:

It really does. I played the wrecking ball and THE CLAW long enough to get the weapon skills to 100% and then hosed back off to the Gun Show.

They do make cutscenes hilarious though. “Watch yourself or I will fill you full of holes” while he points with a mace arm like a gun

Really hope they keep this battle system. To me it splits the difference between the good parts of FFXV, KH, and even FFXIII

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 26, 2020

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I need to resume Intergrade sometime soon.

I am impressed that the Remake/Rebirth team not only understands what made the original good, but doubles down on it with its own bits of intrigue.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 9, 2023

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Going to work on some gaming homework before Remake hits, or at least as much as I can before Infinite Wealth comes out.

I need to play the Yuffie DLC and Crisis Core, also maybe go through the hard mode chapters possibly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
On the one hand I want to watch the Rebirth State of Play, since I am out sick with Covid currently. On the other, I am a little concerned that they are showing almost too much of the game.