Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Loser, Hates the Outdoors, and Virtuoso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

quote:

Evil Sims can steal Candy from a Baby, Troll on the Forums and get the "Fiendishly Delighted" moodlet when misfortune strikes nearby Sims

quote:

Geniuses can solve crazy mathematical problems on the computer for cash.

quote:

Sailin': Sailors will get this moodlet whenever they're on a boat.

Evil
Genius
Sailor

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I will be a bit boring and vote for Neat x3.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Geemer posted:

Too bad his afro is hidden by that hat. Oh well.

I debated whether or not to do that, since I know you wanted an afro. I decided that a giant afro impossibly tucked away under a hat would be funnier than just running around in an afro 24/7, and the hat added to his "confused dapper caveman" aesthetic. Don't worry, you'll see his dapper doo off and on.

Rather Watch Them posted:

Glasses: Monocle! If we're doing this we're doing it in style.
I also struggled a little to do this since I found out that the monocle is not only an unlockable cosmetic (requiring you to marry-in a butler to the family), but also limited strictly to adult males (and not young adult, which Grug is). After pondering for a while if I should just make Grug an adult to begin with, I went out and found a tiny little 4KB mod package (since it's just a little code edit) with a quick search online that unlocks it for all genders and ages from teen and up.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 31, 2019

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Theta Zero posted:

I debated whether or not to do that, since I know you wanted an afro. I decided that a giant afro impossibly tucked away under a hat would be funnier than just running around in an afro 24/7, and the hat added to his "confused dapper caveman" aesthetic. Don't worry, you'll see his dapper doo off and on.

Awesome! That'll make it all the more special.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
I'm gonna throw my three votes in for Evil, hates the outdoors, and Cat Person.

Every super villain needs a pet after all.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Are those really the smallest possible lips?
I was hoping for something like half that size, where you'd wonder how such a person might even eat. Maybe we need to have a close up to the face to appreciate the whole beauty.
I think he is an Inappropriate Slob Snob.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 31, 2019

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

For such a splendid goon we can only go with star quality, star quality and star quality.

I don't remember what it does but I don't see how that is in any way relevant. :v:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

If he is homeless he needs one thing and one thing only:
Moocher Moocher Moocher

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.
Commitment Issues, Can't Stand Art, and Snob

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Clumsy, Evil, Moocher

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Ambitious, Moocher, Technophobe

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Grug is, quite clearly, a man with Star Quality, he's a Diva, and, of course, he's Proper.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Evil, Neurotic, Diva

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Neurotic, Socially-Awkward Cat Person aka the average goon.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Great kisser. Charismatic. Flirty.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Dramatic, Dramatic, and, oh yes, Dramatic!

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Genius
Good Sense of Humor
Insane

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Voting is now closed. The results are Dramatic, Mooch, Schmoozer, Clumsy, and Proper. There may be opportunities to gain two extra traits in the future, which shall be fulfilled as Loser and Brooding. The numerical breakdown is below.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
INTRODUCTION PART 3: FREEDOM

Here it is. The outside world. Wild, unfettered, and waiting for Grug to explore.

Grug's parents always told him, "you're out of the house and on your own the moment you turn 18."

They never did specify "years."

Perhaps through luck or sheer determination of will (but not cunning wit), Grug managed to make his own in the open world, surviving to childhood.

With enough shameless begging, pitying strangers, and puppy-dog eyes, Grug was able to mooch away anything he could ever want.

Clean clothes, places to stay, food, and even gallons of hair dye. All without so much as raising a finger.

Mmm, raw garlic.

As time went on, Grug became a master to the craft of begging.

Once he reached his teenaged years, he knew what it took to practically mooch the clothes off of people's backs.

Not literally, though. That would be creepy.

But almost literally!

He eventually came to be such a smooth talker that empty flattery, fake politeness, and a little stretching of the truth was all it took for others to simply give him what he wanted.

Grug never quite found a home of his own, so he made the world his home instead, and the ability to get whatever he asked for was what allowed him to survive as long as he did.

After all, it's simply amazing how much people will let you take after pretending to be a proper, respectful individual to them.

But, after a while, Grug forgot that he was only pretending. Molded by the necessity of his panhandling, he became attuned to the matters of propriety.

Still, as he grew into a young adult, he learned that his ability to talk his way into anything he asked for stemmed from his pitiable position as a homeless youth rather than any actual charisma.

Unskilled, homeless, and with nobody to turn to, he used what little he had to buy a home of his own and finally begin his life, an opportunity he was never given as a child.

And what an opportunity it was.

This house is incredible! I never could imagine Grug being able to buy this with the money he started out with.

Which is probably why he lives in this empty lot, instead.

And now Grug has barely any money. But an empty lot is still a start. Maybe one day he'll have a house which can rival that random home he found while wandering through the middle of town.

Grug doesn't have any skills beyond the traits he started out with. So, without a job or source of income, there's no means for him to earn any money as of right now.

At least Grug can use the last of his cash to buy this clock.

And now we have absolutely no money left.

Ah, just kidding!

Grug also had enough to buy a wall to hang it on.

NOW we have absolutely no money left.

The thing Grug bought is called a "Neko Clock." It's a Japanese import...which is probably why it costs so much. In case you don't know, "Neko" is Japanese for "clock," hence the name. There, don't say you never learned anything from this.

I don't know what "clock" means in Japanese, though. Maybe "dog" or something, since that's what it looks like.

You may be wondering "why a clock?" Well, as an adult, Grug's time is valuable. Besides, rich people are always wearing watches or looking at the time. Since every contributing member of society owns one, buying a clock should make Grug one too, right?

O, mystical Neko Clock, heed my plea!

Guide Grug towards the path to find his fortune!

Show him the way to give his life meaning!

Where shall his journey lead next to discover true happiness!?

"MIAW! MIAW! MIAW! MIAW! MIAW! MIAW! MIAW! MIAW! MIAW!"

...Huh.

Anybody speak Japanese?

You know what? Forget the clock. How about you decide for me, instead?

There's a vast, wide world for Grug to explore. What shall he do next? Where shall he go? Who shall he ruin the life of?

Guide Grug on his journey and give him goals to achieve, from building his house, meeting new people, changing and improving himself, or building his future.

Or, you know, ruin everything. Whatever comes first.

(The next part is here.)

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 10, 2020

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Do nothing. He seems to have a good thing going on here. I am pretty sure this is Pareto optimal.
Or you know, wait for neighbors visiting his new house. They might have stuff.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 4, 2020

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
But doesn't neko mean...
...I also vote for waiting for welcoming party and after that, go visit your neighbours in return.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Thirding Wait For Neighbors.

Gotta scope out who you can beg from, and what better way is there to do that than show them your magic japanese cat clock?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Mooch.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Wait for neighbors, then for the first one to arrive, flip a coin. If heads, that person is now Grug's mortal enemy and he must do anything in his powers to ruin that Sim's life. If tails, friendly greeting.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.

Geemer posted:

Wait for neighbors, then for the first one to arrive, flip a coin. If heads, that person is now Grug's mortal enemy and he must do anything in his powers to ruin that Sim's life. If tails, friendly greeting.

This.

Though if he flips tails, he should also consider schmoozing them to his side as an ally against his soon to be declared mortal enemy.

He's gotten this far through life mooching, why not convince someone to do the hard work for him?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Geemer posted:

Thirding this great idea.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The Flying Twybil posted:

This.

Though if he flips tails, he should also consider schmoozing them to his side as an ally against his soon to be declared mortal enemy.

He's gotten this far through life mooching, why not convince someone to do the hard work for him?

We make a great team.

DentD
Aug 13, 2015

I can predict the future! And you're going to be OKAY.

Geemer posted:

Yes, this.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

Geemer posted:

This is the way. Fantastic idea.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Das Panzer posted:

This is the way.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Geemer posted:

Yeah, this kind of fun is why I'm here.

Sketchie
Nov 14, 2012

Wow, I never thought this LP would ever come back in a sense. I missed the misadventures of Samara.

Okay, you know what? I'd like to make a formal request.

Bring Samara back. Even if she's just a neighbor or for a cameo. I'd like to see her again in any way.

Bonus points if Samara is the "target" Grug despises due to a coin flip.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Visit a neighbour and stay at their house, eating their food, for as long as possible. Just live there.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
We should also get a robot at some point here, that way he can do everything for us. Alsoe we need to become the hotdog I'll leave what that means up to you.

The Flying Twybil
Oct 20, 2019

So what? You can't prove I posted that.
I was thinking, and this is a thought for the future, but I think it might be considerable for Grug to get into the wine nectar business. We could have Grug's Grog.

...We'd need money first, and of course free labor trusting friends to command help us out. At some point, our schemer fine gentleman in the making needs to think about the future and not just the present.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
My Sims dream has always been to befriend a Unicorn, but it's quite the undertaking. Can Grug schmooze his way into even the hearts of supernatural animals?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Geemer posted:

Please and thanks.

Talow
Dec 26, 2012

Geemer posted:

Going to have to give this one another vote because holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Aw, you guys. :blush: