Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
for old times sake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

MonkeyLibFront posted:

I'm very :haw: at this thread thinking we'll be involved in a conflict with Iran, The British Army and Military in general are in a sorry state post warfighting in Afghanistan and cuts from the current Tory government. We committed 43k troops for Iraq 2.0 we were roughly over the 100k mark, we are down to around 72k troops but that counts people who haven't even done their trade training. We don't have the capability to add anything decent with our current commitments around the globe, QE is still on sea trials and doubt it could be pushed forward.

HMS Brenda has gone beyond her sea trials and is on the last steps of operational trials hence the launch of an F-35B from the flight deck while she's berthed at Portsmouth before Christmas, she should be combat ready by the autumn. HMS Bastard Offspring's about three years behind

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Nah, you can definitely use Brenda for use as an amphibious transport dock for land troops to deploy via chopper if they wanted, the hanger's big enough and can be configured for it. It would just be a loving pointless exercise

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

So a totally Boris thing to agree to then

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Jippa posted:

Sorry I shouldn't have brought up this stuff here.

To answer your original question, PPJ was on a load of off-site Nazi discords trying to keep on eye on goons being doxxed, but was just yucking it up with said nazis instead

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Jippa posted:

But it was a "genuine" attempt as in he was going "undercover" for the right reasons? Right? - That was my question.

I saw some of the images of the posts and if he was undercover, he's better at it than trained actual counter-intelligence professionals

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Private Speech posted:

By the crowing of right-wingers in the D&D chat thread (and here I guess) it doesn't seem exactly like a victory against nazis.

But then I didn't really see any of the posts about it.

e: Might be worth linking the thread about it if it's still up, I couldn't find it.

Actual thread is in the comedy goldmine, but is linked in this thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909824&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Alas, PPJ has nuked almost all of the linked images therein, but they may be re-hosted in there somewhere

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Angel was *slightly* better in its later seasons, but I can think of two episodes of Buffy that stand out: the silent episode and the musical one

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

People need to get the gently caress off Twitter ASAP

Seriously the number 1 thing any government could do to improve the mental health of the nation would be to ban it immediately

and miss out on quality content like this?

https://twitter.com/robotattack/status/1215217327840616448

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I thought it looked familiar and a quick google confirms that yes, that fight in the kebab house where the guy carries on eating as everyone kicks off happened about a ten minute walk from my house, and I've even ordered kebabs from the kebab house on the opposite side of the road from it

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

ThomasPaine posted:

I need backstory to that fight. Also does the place do a good kebab?

no idea on the backstory, and no, it does not

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

my favourite travel memory was being delayed in Detroit due to a mechanical issue, the part needed to fix it being in Atlanta and shipping of the part to Michigan being delayed by a thunderstorm in the Atlanta area, and seeing Brits going up and complaining about the delays on their connecting flight

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The Deleter posted:

Jesus, it's impossible to escape from us, isn't it?

I did wonder where all our "blitz spirit" went, but my hangover was kicking in by this point and I just wanted to sleep

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Don't ask me to remember what kind of plane it was, it was eight years and several thousand pints ago

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

These boats are cursed

https://twitter.com/pn_tomcotterill/status/1217135937563582467

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/hannahgais/status/1217834489096867841

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Harvesting neutrinos sounds like a couple orders of magnitude more frustrating than herding cats.

still, we will be bound for the reload

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I missed ugly ducking chat, but I'm going to chime in that for some of us i.e. me, we're still waiting to grow into the swan

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Isomermaid posted:

What is a swan but a goose with better eyeliner game

The only honking I do is when some inconsiderate fucker cuts me up on the motorway. And in content news:

https://twitter.com/JayMcCluskey74/status/1218876494346407936

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Ducks have terrifying hydraulic drill dicks and are terrible.

new thread title please

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I don't necessarily need it to be a dick but I would like at least one appendage that I could fire out up to twice my body length away.

Mostly because the light switch is slightly out of reach of my chair and I keep leaving my hairbrush over the other side of the room so I have to get up to poke it.

You basically want to be Dhalsim off of Street Fighter 2

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

lights are flashing, mans be slashing

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

Given how loving awful it is to drive in Portsmouth those lights are the only stopping entire taxi firms from going under

funnily enough I got cut up in Bitterne by a taxi driver but at least used his indicators while doing so. He then proceeded to not use his indicators for the next two miles I was following him

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Police in still treating football fans like it's the 1980s shocker, though it's laughable that the one source they had for potential trouble was essentially "I heard from so and so who heard from so and so"

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

stevey666 posted:

Seems fine to me. Football fans are terrible.

I got the bubble treatment as a Slough fan away at Southport in a 1998 FA Trophy Semi-Final 2nd leg because of what Millwall fans did after losing a cup tie in 1983, gently caress off

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Just watched someone reverse out of the end of the Fratton McDs drive thru queue because it was too long, park up and go inside only to then turn around and leave because he couldn't wait to use on of the self service tills and being second in the queue at the actual till was too much

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Speaking of right wing twats weaponizing performatively working class things, I just got reminded that this was a thing that happened in the 00s and was something that I managed to be blissfully unaware of how blatant it got at the time.
https://twitter.com/samisam147/status/1219943058990686208

This didn't work on me, but goddamnit Holly, I expected better of you

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

We had a BBC Micro in the house since before I was born, and I'm in my mid 30s.

loving cracking computer, that.

BTW, you can play pretty much all the games that ever came out on the Micro online here:

http://www.bbcmicro.co.uk

I've just spent the last 30 minutes playing Martello Tower like it's 1989 in middle school all over again

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

Haha great!

My wife and I played through that a couple of years ago because she remembered having it at school and playing it with her sisters, but was never able to finish it.

We finished it, and then once you finish it, it says "Now try and finish it in only 153 moves!" or something, and we tried, but we came up like 2 over or something.

I think me and my mate finished it once, and it took about three months of lunchtimes working it out

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I remember getting a 60MB HD for my Amiga 600 and after two months decided to format it, except that I did a high level format on it and basically turned it into an unbootable 60MB floppy disk

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

floofyscorp posted:

Who wants to pay £450 a month to live in a converted office toilet in Portsmouth? 22 whole square metres and possibly a skylight!!

https://twitter.com/CalCorkery/status/1221480906491416580

that office block flooded a few months ago. I know because the recruitment agency that used to inhabit the ground floor moved out and then ghosted me after I signed on with them. But it is within stumbling distance of the local Job Centre Plus and a Greggs

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Not me, I live in Southsea :smuggo:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Well, 24 is close enough to 23 and no, loving hell, I can't even begin to defend this one

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

The Royal Artillery now consists of one trebuchet, never fired

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

"One murder"

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1222989929690673164

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

Couldn't fit them with so much else packed in.

:stonklol:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

If you got your leg shot off are you allowed to park across both of them?

In the UK if you drive a 4x4 you can do this anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Two rockets went off on Hayling Island. My mum thought it was the lifeboat signalling to shore