Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

(Puts on Judge Dredd helmet and leather speedos.)

I AM THE RAW!
IF YOU DON'T COMPLY, YOU WILL BE SENT TO THE ISO-CUBES.

Ooh, I have to pay for this normally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
All this national service talk makes me very glad that I am pretty unfit and my primary hobbies involve a lot of sitting down :v:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Ratjaculation posted:

i like emily thornberry because she can talk to animals

"I'll do this, with politics. Blaaaaaarg!"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The polls will continue until morale improves.

E: The Nintendo 64 is the only console where you can play the greatest, most influential video game of all time - Buck Bumble.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Oh dear me posted:

Our own localities are full of exciting and interesting things to do, including things that are a lot more useful than lying on a beach or taking 'I was here!' photographs, and our lives are not long enough to do all of them. Travel might easily be something people do because they're unimaginative, or do not stretch themselves enough to achieve anything more difficult.

Lmao no they're loving not, where have you been the last ten years?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Love to go into Middlesbrough and stare at the three dead shopping centers and the rows of lovely takeaways and vape shops, so much more interesting than any holiday

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The only loving thing that happened in Nottingham this Christmas was a kid lost a finger on the lovely ice-skating rink they put up in the market square every year, clearly this is a tourist hotspot better than any foreign country

E: 69 miles from home is much too far for any kind of vacation.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I think every aspect of this country is loving repulsive, and the people around me are awful, which is why my ideal holiday is to get as far away from them as possible.

Also Ms A. is right, as always.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
They both sound terrible.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Listen, I'm just telling it like it is!

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
If anyone here has posted about enjoying airports then please point them out because I'm loving baffled as to how people drew that point out

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
some real loving worm brains in here imagining that the bit I enjoyed most about my visit to Rome was sitting half-awake in East Midlands Airport eating a loving terrible Frankie and Benny's and drinking a rum and coke that could be used to strip paint

ah yes the ritual sacrifice to Venga Airways, pop gods of travel

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

my favourite travel memory was being delayed in Detroit due to a mechanical issue, the part needed to fix it being in Atlanta and shipping of the part to Michigan being delayed by a thunderstorm in the Atlanta area, and seeing Brits going up and complaining about the delays on their connecting flight

Jesus, it's impossible to escape from us, isn't it?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I did wonder where all our "blitz spirit" went, but my hangover was kicking in by this point and I just wanted to sleep

Well the people who talk about blitz spirit the most are the people who were never in the blitz, so presumably having to stay in Michigan for X amount of time longer was the worst thing that ever happened to them.

OwlFancier posted:

I also haven't left the country since I was old enough to stay here by myself, and have been much happier for it. I don't want exoticism, I don't believe in it. Like it isn't a thing that exists, to me. I do not understand what it is that other people see when they go looking for it.

The sky is still the sky whether I'm here or somewhere else, the air is very similar, the grass is still green, the trees still grow out of the ground. I have some time to experience that and that suits me fine, and I am particularly glad that I don't feel a need for more than that, in much the same way I'm glad I don't smoke or drink.

I think if I ever met you I'd be bored to tears.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
e: post is not edit

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Fortunately for you I'm not employed as an entertainer.

Weird, you're doing a real good sad clown impression right now.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

And people are nice. The first time I traveled I was shocked to find that being a bitter sarcastic twat wasn't the default human condition

The guy who ran the bar next to the apartment I stayed at in Rome always looked at me funny whenever I interacted with him, but then again Rome is a tourist destination and I only knew enough Italian to order three Peronis and be polite about it. I presume he just had the standard universal hatred of the British tourist.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
There was someone in the thread earlier making a joke about which Pokemon types the Labour leadership candidates were and I don't think anyone made the joke yet but Jess Phillips is Extremely Normal type. I hope that paid off for whoever made the joke.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
JoJo's bizarre adventure has warned me away from the squat toilet and if I can't trust my cartoons, who can I trust?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Just going to interrupt this to say that Bandai makes a scale model of the machine they use to make scale models.

This is the exact level of silly recursion I love, it's like that mini of a space marine painting Warhammer.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Braggart posted:

Here's a nice bit of Royal-to-commoner interpretation from that article:

This is like watching an episode of Sherlock except even worse and written by people from a different dimension.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
You should have told me about the star wars pod, I have a Palpatine impression I stole from the Game Grumps and lots of opinions about the hosed up situation involving droids.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

"Give me my child back, you don't even have wool"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Graham Norton is on. I'm desperately reading Dan Abnett's Titanicus looking for a positive vision of the future. This sucks. At least I've been paid.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Jose posted:

i want to kill this entire lovely island

Same, OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Jim Carey is on Graham Norton and I would rather be subjected to his Robotnik performance clockwork orange style than ever hear the word Brexit again.