Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy New Decade! Let's hope this is the one where we get a glorious revolution!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One year I will spend NYE not hungover. Today is not that year.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One of the main reasons the Tories won is the public is tired of Brexit and wants it to go away. Electing a Labour leader that will spend the next 5 years going on about Brexit is a terrible idea.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mila kunis posted:

I hate the Guardian a lot. Is there an actual good place to go for UK news?

This thread, pretty much

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've dropped out on the news over the last few days. Are we at war yet?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

What the gently caress is wrong with you

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

Why are all politicians so unbelievably horny?

Don't think it's just politicians tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Lowtax killed FYAD :toot:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pretty sure all Lavery's doing the last week or so has been maneuvering himself to get a decent Cabinet gig out of RLB and I can't really see any problems with that outcome

OwlFancier posted:

Never got the place tbh given I only really post here and games.

There was nothing there to get

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Post in Rowdy Ring Sports. It's good.

My name is scoopsgal and I approve this message :hai:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

RLB mandate homosexuality so I can call her Rebecca Strong Gaily

:hmmyes:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Communist Thoughts posted:

would a left nationalism inevitably become anti-immigration and racist?

It's nationalism, so yes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bit of a random question here: is there any way I can check up on the date of a hospital appointment? I was referred by my GP back in the autumn and I booked an appointment online but I forgot to write down the details anywhere. I know it's in February but I can't track down the date or time :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All sorted, thanks peeps!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've realised this thread is now where I go to ask the life questions I would have always asked my mum so congrats, you're now all my parents

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sebzilla posted:

You'll always be my Sims LP floorbaby :3:

Lot of respect for this deep loving cut, right here.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I like the bit where they acknowledge that capitalists are parasites

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Speaking of weird sexual things, the new podcast's up.

Just to clarify this ep is the post-election ep from December where some of us thought about what's next. Praxiscast will be up and running this weekend though with two separate recordings scheduled for Sunday to be released at a time when David has finished cutting out all my mentions of pickled onion monster munch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Pease don't deny us the content we crave

My voice is being silenced, this is an attack on my free speech

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Alertrelic posted:

Bioware went from BG2 to making glorified pansexual dating simulators

Yikes, might want to cut down on the implied homophobia there bud

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Look at all these people neglecting to add their WOOOAAAAHHHH OHHHHHHHHHs

But yes, Thangam sucks and I wish we could get rid of her.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Honestly I don’t know too much about her (I only joined the party in December and haven’t been to a meeting yet) but she seems a bit melty. What else has she done?

- Voiced support for notorious TERFy group A Woman's Place
- Was part of the Chicken Coup following the EU referendum
- Got very outraged at the idea that her CLP should democratically decide whether to keep her

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

Merrill is small and pure and did nothing wrong, and I'll fight anyone in the parking lot over this :colbert:

Merrill sucks and I would love to stay and fight you but I'm off down the pub for a G+T

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah I think #2 and #8 are particularly bad, the rest are meh. Maybe #6 too but less so.

#8 is an explicit statement of 'these Jews don't count' and should absolutely be challenged

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

floofyscorp posted:

Dawn Butler and Rosena Allin-Khan have both got enough nominations for Deputy now.

gently caress yes, can't wait to slam a vote down for Butler

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Really impressive how many people in this thread have the powers of prognostication and already know the result of the Labour leader race!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It was so stormy walking home from work tonight that my hood didn't even stay up :mad:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

sebzilla posted:

Where's that 6% gone, then?

CHUK-TIG is back in the game, baby!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

gh0stpinballa posted:

think i managed to cancel my labour membership but that was really long winded, ended up having to email like 3 different people

This seems like a silly idea!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
To be fair I'd get proper bored if I was there for more than a day. I bet the spaceship doesn't even have a Switch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junior G-man posted:

What if we installed WoW Classic server there first?

The latency would be a bitch

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The last time I left the country was when I did a month backpacking in Europe ten years ago. I just want to spend a week going somewhere else doing something different :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Borrovan posted:

Lol you've had PMs for like 6 months you numpty, I bought it for you when you posted your email so I could ask you about some utilitarianism poo poo

Still gonna do that at some point btw

6 months and in all that time no one's wanted to PM Miftan. Sad.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just managed to break my phone and my laptop in the space of twelve hours gently caress :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Niric posted:

Rarity, if you're going to gently caress for half a day accidents are bound to happen.

This is a funny post that I would appreciate if I wasn't freaking out about having to spend all my savings right now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait I got a credit card last year I can put it on that and just go into debt instead
Well, y'know, more debt.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah if I don't have a free upgrade I'll pay for a repair on the phone instead but that's still more than a free upgrade would cost. With the laptop I spilt a little bit of coke on the keyboard and a bunch of buttons have already stopped working so I think it's safe to say it's trashed.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Red Oktober posted:

Can you at least plug an external keyboard in for the minute so it doesn’t need replaced right away?

Based on my previous experience of the time this happened ten years ago (yes, I know) I'm only a few days away from the entire motherboard fizzing out so I don't see the point in waiting.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Shitloads of paper towels, put the laptop upside down on the edge of a table so the keyboard presses on to the towel, give it an hour or two and see.

Then if it works, you get all the fun of pinging the keys off with a flathead screwdriver and cleaning it off with cleaning wipes!

I cannot handle this with the level of anxiety that I have right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Turns out my new laptop is a piece of poo poo that freezes up every time its asked to do more than scroll down. I spent almost 400 quid on this :(