Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Happy New Year, UKMT. May there be good things ahead however bleak it seems right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

ThomasPaine posted:

Wtf does 'crank' even mean

Crackpot, conspiracy theorist, part of the lunatic fringe

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Azza Bamboo posted:

I have a cold I'm feverish but I've foolishly signed up to some bizarre writing contest that's due tonight so I'm going to produce a loving train wreck.

Oh heck thanks for reminding me to bookmark the new TD thread. I look forward to reading your words. :D

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
I liked Firefly a lot, why do goons gotta ruin everything

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Spring onions are green, salt is from the sea which is blue. QED

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Hail Harman

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

feedmegin posted:

The Official Monster Munch of Feedmegin East London Goon Meatups (c)(tm)(:gooncamp:) is pIckled onion, just sayin'

This is exactly why I didn't attend :mad:

Jk, I wanted to come along but couldn't really get away. Regards to you and your missus and jaete (the new PSU is still working great) and Camrath (looking forward to sampling your fudge).

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

IrvingWashington posted:

UKMT Solidarity and Support Fund Committee Membership Voting Results

Selected:

AceClown
Captain Fargle
Maugrim
OscarDiggs
Rarity

Thanks all who stood and voted, love you <3

Well this seems like a sane and sensible committee

A question for the tech nerds of the thread, what's a secure communication medium we can use for sensitive discussion that may involve people's private data? WhatsApp was our first idea but lol Facebook. Signal and Telegram have also been suggested. I know the most secure services will delete your messages after a time but it would be useful to have logging feature for at least some conversations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Camrath posted:

Also, all of you who ordered fudge this month- your orders are now shipped! Be prepared for a box of deliciousness tomorrow or saturday!

This month’s goon special of ‘Billionaires shot dead’ is particularly good, though as dense as the heart of an dying sun..

Thanks for the fudge, mine arrived this morning and it's very good - having to resist scoffing it all at once!

Although the sea salt one should come with a warning not to sample it after you've already desensitised your taste buds trying four other kinds of fudge. :v:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Doesn't co-codamol contain paracetamol? If so get the gently caress to hospital

E: I mean do it anyway but paracetamol overdose is horrendous

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
As a turkish delight fan I'd be interested to try a rose-flavoured fudge but I can't think of a good lefty pun for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Guavanaut posted:

Parasuicides are all kinds of weird and often the person themselves doesn't even know why they did it.

A common one seems to be a reaction against the pain of living without a desire to actually die but without knowing what else to do, which generally points to some underlying issues.

That's spot on for my sole direct experience of a suicide attempt. A relative of mine od'd on paracetamol as a teenager because as well as being in pain they felt miserable and trapped in their life at the time. Talking about it afterwards it was like you describe - "I wasn't thinking about dying or anything, I just... kept taking them"