Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lowtax posted:

I consider myself to be at least marginally rational, and if there's a problem with the site or certain posters, I would appreciate it if instead of insulting me or taking things I said out of context, you just PM me about it. Like I literally had no idea about the FYAD poo poo until after it all happened. I don't know anything about Nazis being on the site. None of this was communicated to me. There are many ways to contact me, but it's very difficult for me to know certain threads exist in certain forums, because I do not read all forums.

I think the main issue is that a good deal of the mods/admins tend to dismiss issues offhand(usually by giving a "we're discussing this issue thanks for your input" response then closing the thread and doing nothing) so people are feeling ignored and belligerent, not helped by mods pursuing weird personal vendettas against c-spam and using logik as some kind of weird Forums Hitman to do so.

people are feeling pissed off at having their concerns ignored and I think you just showed up at the worst possible time and the powder-keg exploded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Pomp posted:

If lowtax is banning the trans then before I die I want it to be known that I had a nice rear end

you always had powerful av energy imo, die with honor

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Lowtax I've honestly been in orbit of your site and its community for about 16 years now, I *just* had goons save my loving life with donations for a new apartment lease, and user plinkey feeds dozens of them a month, and this is such a disgrace. If you wanna learn why people will tell you but you're gonna have to pay attention and do some mea culpa.

It'd probably start with rolling back all the bullshit bans just now and apologizing, and then taking the heartfelt sincere suggestions from the grievances thread and implementing the ones you can.

You. have. to. start. listening. to people. who. have. your. best. interest. in. mind.

and it's NOT everyone cheering you taking a giant poo poo on yourself tonight, i PROMISE you

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
personally, I think, if anyone here has legitimate grievances with the moderation and staff, please post in QCS and your feedback will be heard

in the mean time, let's lock this thread and move it along folks. happy new year. :)

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Minrad posted:

personally, I think, if anyone here has legitimate grievances with the moderation and staff, please post in QCS and your feedback will be heard

in the mean time, let's lock this thread and move it along folks. happy new year. :)

QCS is closed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

smarxist posted:

lol, like a half dozen trump thread regulars are gone and not coming back, people i love as friends and want to post with, the more that go the less reason anyone has to stay and support this site, but w/e

oh no not the trump thread

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

smarxist posted:

Lowtax I've honestly been in orbit of your site and its community for about 16 years now, I *just* had goons save my loving life with donations for a new apartment lease, and user plinkey feeds dozens of them a month, and this is such a disgrace. If you wanna learn why people will tell you but you're gonna have to pay attention and do some mea culpa.

It'd probably start with rolling back all the bullshit bans just now and apologizing, and then taking the heartfelt sincere suggestions from the grievances thread and implementing the ones you can.

You. have. to. start. listening. to people. who. have. your. best. interest. in. mind.

and it's NOT everyone cheering you taking a giant poo poo on yourself tonight, i PROMISE you

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

QCS is closed

:thejoke:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Everyone I know there is a lot of intense emotions and hurt feelings ect ect but i feel we have to acknowledge that live streaming a mass forum banning is, conceptually, really really funny.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Larry Parrish posted:

oh no not the trump thread

Seriously of all the threads in cspam its that one?

CJSwiss
Mar 16, 2008
So can we assume if lowtax is posting here that CSPAM is NOT going the way of LF?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Why can't we all just get along?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Everyone I know there is a lot of intense emotions and hurt feelings ect ect but i feel we have to acknowledge that live streaming a mass forum banning is, conceptually, really really funny.

Unironically force all mods to stream themselves banning people.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

theres like 750 people in cspam now what the deuce

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

smarxist posted:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

really queer Christmas posted:

logikv9 sweating bullets looking over his shoulder at the camera wondering if he should push the button

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

its EXACTLY like hitting a sick airshot

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I'd watch this.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
230+ unread pms lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

smarxist posted:

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

theres like 750 people in cspam now what the deuce

nothin better to do on new years eve

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
If we had a posting union we could apprentice people in avoiding hazardous thread situations

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

smarxist posted:

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Turdfuzz posted:

Why can't we all just get along?
I don't know man, I wasn't keeping up with the forums until Jeffrey of YOSPOS said there was an issue with FYAD and the trans posters, so I came in and tried to read everything and catch up, but people were getting mad at me because I wasn't doing anything. I was doing something, and it was trying to figure out this whole mess and unravel it. Obviously that did not work, and I was getting completely mixed messages from various people. I came in to be the fall guy so everybody could direct their hate at me instead of the entire admin staff, since I'm honestly used to being hated. But it's not like I tried to post or say or do anything out of malice for anybody. There's like so much going on and so many people that I have to do something *now* that I'm kinda in a tight spot.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

can we please open up qcs so we can have one spot to talk instead of indiscriminately spraying our poo poo everywhere?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

PenguinKnight posted:

can we open up qcs so we can have one spot to talk instead of indiscriminately spraying our poo poo everywhere?
I didn't even close QCS. Honestly I never liked QCS, but I was not the person who closed it. I will talk to the admin and mod team.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lowtax posted:

I don't know man, I wasn't keeping up with the forums until Jeffrey of YOSPOS said there was an issue with FYAD and the trans posters, so I came in and tried to read everything and catch up, but people were getting mad at me because I wasn't doing anything. I was doing something, and it was trying to figure out this whole mess and unravel it. Obviously that did not work, and I was getting completely mixed messages from various people. I came in to be the fall guy so everybody could direct their hate at me instead of the entire admin staff, since I'm honestly used to being hated. But it's not like I tried to post or say or do anything out of malice for anybody. There's like so much going on and so many people that I have to do something *now* that I'm kinda in a tight spot.

unban the posters and just start a dialogue with us and I think you being a magnet for hate won’t even be necessary.

that’s all you need to do

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

smarxist posted:

As a mostly lurker, wanted to show my support for this post before heading off to sleep.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Lowtax posted:

Go to sleep and stop drunk posting and try to pick up the pieces tomorrow.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Lowtax posted:

I agree with the others, closing QCS just made things worse. QCS is a containment zone and without its existence the crazy and paranoia went out of control.

Edit: But don't unban anyone, the price of bad posting is bans and it always has been.

JuulPodSaveAmerica
Aug 29, 2012

Lowtax posted:

ah smart decision to gently caress up everything then

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
the dialogue doesn’t even have to be now just make sure it’s a concrete time and don’t bailout if it gets hard

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zil posted:

As a mostly lurker, wanted to show my support for this post before heading off to sleep.

:emptyquote:

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

smarxist posted:

two incredibly delicate situations have merged into a poo poo storm because of inadequate action by the admin staff

there has always been an issue between CSPAM and D&D, mostly a culture clash, but also a real problem with mod elements of D&D having a zero tolerance for any "debate" or "discussion" that doesn't fall into very narrow guidelines in some of the megathreads (USPOL mostly). these can be alleviated with some pretty basic community management fixes, 1. make CSPAM its own top level forum, 2. reprimand or perhaps even de-mod users who are abusing their power to quash any of the purported goals of a forum, such as "debate" and/or "discussion", even just temporarily 3. perhaps gently remind CSPAM travelers to not wear their colors or be too inflammatory if they want to engage on D&D, but also that D&D shouldn't freak the gently caress out if some ACTUAL D&D occurs in their threads. there are a lot of hardcore D&D posters who'd like more direct engagement, there are a lot of CSPAM people who'd like good faith direct engagement, there are lots of people who post between both. an easy solution to these circumstances may be a THIRD forum; a FYAD-lite (to borrow antiquated nomenclature) where shitposting of an aggressive nature that hearkens back to the spirit of SA is allowed, but also where everything should mostly be good faith debate without overt use of personal insults/attacks, or ideological shorthand (shut the gently caress up liberal). some kinda thunderdome, that's a subfora of D&D, or CSPAM, or both. CSPAM is one of the most active communties on SA with a very strong culture, and the users here have expressed time and again their desire to 1. not be under D&D jurisdiction in CSPAM and 2. have their own mod team (Nichael and Squizzle are a great start). these 2 things have to happen, but hey, my other suggestions are really good too.

the other issue is the FYAD vs Everyone Not In The Arrested Emotional Development Of A Fifteen Year Old issue. i don't care for FYAD, and i feel like there are so few users left at this point it doesn't even really warrant discussion about what to do with their gross bullshit behavior (personally, i'd just perma them all and close the forum) but if you absolutely cannot bring yourself to do that, then make them understand that bigotry, doxxing, transphobia and other forms of harassment that threaten, endanger, or make other members of the community feel unsafe is NOT TOLERATED, GROSS AS gently caress, GROW THE HELL UP AND FIX YOUR BRAIN PROBLEMS HOLY poo poo, etc. since the forum was opened, and tons of them decided to be gross children and do overt poo poo everywhere else, perma the offending parties to remind them of the new better attitudes of the forum and let the place continue to entropy into nothing

These issues have become inseparable now, because CSPAM is a strongly left space, and strongly left people are anti-transphobia, and a large percentage of trans people are left leaning because left politics seek to abolish the institutional and cultural antagonisms that make their life a living hell. we're comrades in arms and we're not going to stop making a ruckus until all of these issues are resolved.

It's going to require a few people on staff who actually Give A gently caress to address. These forums have been many people's homes for nearly 2 decades now, and nobody wants to feel unsafe in their home, or like they're not allowed to participate. When enough people are demanding change, it's time to change. So let's get on this poo poo and get it done. It's nonsense that these issues should fester, we're all adults ffs.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Ohtsam posted:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

unban the posters and just start a dialogue with us and I think you being a magnet for hate won’t even be necessary.

that’s all you need to do

Ohtsam posted:

There's no reason this can't be chalked up to a New Years party foul, by sleeping it off and resetting back to square 1.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

smarxist posted:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

just upgrade every current mod to admin, and then go to every subforum and give the five people with the most posts in each one modship of that subforum.

the forums are basically australia so you just need an absolutely unreasonable amount of firefighters. Im sure at least one of them would know whats going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Lowtax posted:

I didn't even close QCS. Honestly I never liked QCS, but I was not the person who closed it. I will talk to the admin and mod team.

go to bed man. pick this up later. please.