Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Mikl posted:

Hello, I am here! I fell off the wagon sometimes around December 18 or something, but I'm back and ready for a new year!

Did something of significance happen in:

- Phantom
- Luann
- Holbrook's Hellworld Strips
- Mary Worth

while I wa gone?

Mars got colonized and also was pregnant at some point in holbrookland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

I'm getting 2020 off to the right start.

Dooooooo not.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens is the second of Holbrook's strips. It originally was about a daycare center but now it's about how DNA is magic and they went to Mars and adopted the planet legally as their child. They are on their way back to Earth after unfortunately saving it from a comet.

I just noticed that Lady Dodo has a handbag and I am more upset by this than I thought I would be.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

In addition to just kinda stumbling onto "clews" in this chase, Tracy also shot and killed a hostage truck driver. Our hero!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Kennel posted:

Has there even been any jokes or plot points where the signal delay mattered?

He highlights it, but every dialogue between the planets goes as if they were next to each other.

There was very briefly a moment of possible tension when the comet was destroyed, and it wasn't clear whether Earth had survived or not due to space debris. The debris was cleared up in the next strip and everyone was fine.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

As far as I can tell, Charles Boyce is an absolute sweetie pie and even though it is fun to make fun of his technology comic in this thread, I like him a lot and hope he is always having a good time all the time.

I don’t believe Bets has shown any interest in this level of social media posting/streaming before. This is such a hamfisted assassination of her character.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns

Glad to see The Lockhorns is joining the fight for healthcare reform.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis Classic (June 10, 1998)

Doooooooo not do this.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jan 3, 2020

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Sorry, is that little kid smoking in that Powerful Katrinka comic?

What a loving time.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Did Internet of Things man just disconnect his appliances from the wifi? That’d make them pretty secure from outside influence.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

Star Wars is getting incestuous

I’m not quite clear on this point: is it a message transporter drone?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Zereth posted:

how many times has religion come up in this strip before

Almost assuredly none, or maybe in the context of Ed saying “the only time I pray is before the judge” but that is an actual joke so it couldn’t possibly exist in Dustin.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

In Security is astonishingly bad on the eyes.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

The way Aunt Tildy is drawn, it looks like she's wearing someone else's face.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

POWERFUL KATRINKA

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I really like Jucika and I’m glad it’s here!

Also I see we may be due for the first Dil-Ban.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

readingatwork posted:

Robbie and Bobby (Dec 25-26, 2014)

Holy poo poo, I want that on a shirt.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Gee Dick Tracy, I’m sure glad you made it imperative that the cop shoots and kills another innocent person, this time a minority.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Les Moore Whines About His Privilege

Les is exactly the type to brag about never taking time off, and then bemoan how he never has a chance to do anything he actually wants.

(A Boomer)

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

"I'll just wait until the afternoon to eat your children."

Say what you will about how she's drawn, but I would absolutely watch wrasslin with Aunt Tildy.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

She's Carol Channing and no one can convince me otherwise.

Just did a refresher image search, and I think you've nailed it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Bobbie and Robbie really hits the sweet spot for me. I love that golem.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Holy poo poo Frazz. What an rear end in a top hat.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

So, is Wal going to kill that lamb/ewe?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Regarding this Mary Worth storyline, Iris’ first doctor may seem like a loving rear end in a top hat who should have done his job, but my wife also developed Hashimoto’s and it took like well over a year and a significant/memorable incident for us to actually realize it was something we should check out and get treated.

Also that first doctor was an rear end in a top hat who should be booted from his field.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Incredible art in this one.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Lodin posted:

Man, this poo poo's getting intense. Also, that lady is way to horny. I bet she's also a spy.

I’m pretty sure she basically said as much when she met Luke the first time.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Can I just say that the knowledge that the Overboard ship contains the cartoonist’s desk in-universe is just delightful.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Vargo posted:

Apologies to Johnny Walker, but I absolutely had to post today's Mark Trail.

He is absolutely making it a point to not use clip art in this. Look at that "I'm a very serious artist" cross-hatching. At that Picasso-rear end face. At the hosed proportions of the man landing in the third panel.

When James Allen is trying, he draws like a 14-year old. This is him really showing me what's what.

This looks like a parody of a parody SNL cartoon.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Incredible punchline density in that final panel

Almost as dense as the nutritional value of Economical Suit Loops!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I assume Gunther’s mom heard about it because nobody in this strip can stay more than three yards away from anyone else, and the only restaurant in town is Luann’s Parents’ Tax Shelter.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I guess nothing ever came of Tiffany going to her new dorm’s implies sex
Orgy, because she wisely stays away from most of the rest of the cast.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Resident Idiot posted:

For the few goons in this thread who don't read the Daily Cartoonist, I come to report that thread favourite Brother Rock has picked up a print deal:

http://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2020/01/16/brother-rock-comic-strip-gets-into-print-paper/

In Nashville. And Guy Gilchrist has been fired. Anyone know if the new artist is any good?

Why would you give me this terrible news?

Also I recently lost my mother-in-law to complications from her cancer treatment so Batiuk can just get tossed in a dumpster. Christ what an rear end in a top hat.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Marla finally gets around to calling Stuart’s cell. The phone rings and rings until at last someone answers. It’s a tired-sounding older woman. “Stuart? Oh, you mean my brother. He’s been dead for 20 years, ever since Grumbel’s closed its doors after that freak Black Friday Sale trampling. His heart couldn’t take it. Just too many regrets. I’m sorry you had to find out this way. Goodbye.”

Marla looks around her. The pristine Grumbel’s office is dusty and decaying. She spins to stare out at the shop floor, and she sees that she is alone. All the fixtures are gone, and the store is lifeless. She raises a hand in front of her face, and through it she sees the weekly shipment being delivered on the other end of the back office floor. It’s all Baby Yoda merchandise.
Should I look for a new job?, she thinks, before moving to start unpacking boxes.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Holy poo poo that’s a dog’s snout.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Holy poo poo that class warfare in the moral panel of buster brown.

I admit I often skim past BB aside from the terrifying faces.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Regarding that Kevin and Kell, it’s completely out of character for the bride to be to leave her wedding dress up to anyone else. She’s explicitly been described as a bridezilla. Cmon Holbrook, keep track of your terrible characters.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

When the worst guy you know makes a really good point.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

A musical entirely scored with Casio keyboard samples.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

It’s still wild to me that one of Dick Tracy’s earliest recurring villains was just a hobo named Steve.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Holy poo poo that second and third panel of Mark Trail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I am actually really invested in the end of Retail. I wonder if Stuart was already canned.