Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018

elf help book posted:

i would buy a whole game of the special stages

That's what happens when you plug in the Sonic and Knuckles cart into Sonic 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
sonice 3 special stages are ftw. mania special statges are annoying. hard to control, bumpers ar ehard to see

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

38. Final Fantasy V. brings an end to the endeavor i started in 2012 (wow...) to play all of the FF games before Lightning Returns came out (lol).

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

32. Devotion

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maya Fey posted:

32. Devotion

死于反动派

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

sonice 3 special stages are ftw. mania special statges are annoying. hard to control, bumpers ar ehard to see

they're really good, you just need to jump for sharp turns

bumpers could be less flat

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Reached the epilogue in Hades.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Breath of the Wild

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Finished my Toal run of Ys Origin
Think I'm gonna replay Oath in Felghana now

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Dragon Quest VIII (mobile)

It took me fifteen years to figure out how to use tension correctly but I did it. Great game, acceptable port - the roulette interface was far and away the worst part. 4>3>5>8>6>2>>>>1

On to XI...

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
7+ Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Platinum Trophy)

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Ikenfell. game is aids and every character is a gigantic pussy but i liked the combat.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear

Lots of bad modern rpg writing with romanceable npcs and Marvel movie quip humor. Sometimes there's really good encounter design but more often than not they just throw 25 enemies at you to make it "hard". I don't see myself replaying these games this decade but next time I do I won't replay this

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
!!! BIGU PDATE !!!

1. Pokemon Shield
2. Dragon Quest XI
3. Donkey Kong Country 3 103%
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. Yakuza 0
6. Metal Gear Solid
7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD
8. Super Mario Bros. 3 (all stages)
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
10. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
11. Batsugun (Original) - 1CC No Death with Beltiana - video
12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
13. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
14. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (242 Stars)

15. Sonic Mania Plus (Mania Mode ALL EMERALDS CLEARS with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Ray, Mighty, and Sonic & Tails, Encore Mode ALL EMERALDS CLEAR)

Special stages were growing on me a bit by the end. blue spheres is still better though. gently caress i still gotta get the gold medals

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Congrats on all the emeralds and gems

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
thx. im doing a victory lap super sonic run (or two) to pick up the rest of these gold medals, ive got about half at this point. most of them i'll get with practice but a couple are absolutely stumping me

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hell yeah

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

final fantasy vii remake. ruled. im ready for the next one. probably gonna do a hard mode run soon.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Pokemon Shield
2. Dragon Quest XI
3. Donkey Kong Country 3 103%
4. Fire Emblem Warriors
5. Yakuza 0
6. Metal Gear Solid
7. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD
8. Super Mario Bros. 3 (all stages)
9. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD
10. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
11. Batsugun (Original) - 1CC No Death with Beltiana - video
12. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
13. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
14. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (242 Stars)

15. Sonic Mania Plus (Mania Mode all emeralds with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Ray, Mighty, and Sonic & Tails, Encore Mode all emeralds, all gold medals)

phew. might be my last entry for the year but i do have some vacation coming up so might end up grinding out Tsushima, we'll see

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
39+ Super Mario 3D Land (Extra Stage Clear)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yakuza: Like a Dragon

They've done it again, what a fantastic transition to a new protagonist.

And that'll probably be my last game of the year!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Burnout 2: Point of Impact - 100% Championship / 100% Custom Series Championship

The last great arcade racer and possibly my favorite video game of all time. Most people are familiar with the series because of 3, but 2 will always be special to me. I have never been able to figure out what I love so much about it but I was thinking about it this time and I think it's because it reminds me of being in a chase scene from a 90s movie. The combination of sprawling countryside tracks that transition seamlessly to busy city streets. The perfect drifting through and between midday traffic. The weighty sedan car selection that doesn't just feel like you're driving a 300mph featherweight hypercar. I absolutely love every bit of it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

super mario odyssey, cementing 2020 as The Year of Mario

this s one of those games where every time i play it i wish i could wipe my brain and play it brand new ever time. basically everything from the festival until postgame is godly gaming and everything from mario slaying a freakin' dragon onwards blew my god drat mind. 10/10 game and if its the last game i beat this year i ended on a very high note

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Maya Fey posted:

31. Stardew Valley.

:negative:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

American McGay posted:

12.6 - Stardew Valley 100% all items all money.

Was pretty fun, can see why people enjoy it so much. Ton of charm and the little animations when you get a new item are so cute. One problem I had was that time moves so slow and everything takes so long, so I found a mod that automates everything and unlocks all the items from the start and I gotta say that was a real game changer. Enjoyed my 3 hours with this game. Definitely worth the $4 when I got it in that Humble Bundle 2 years ago.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmfao I completely forgot about that. Kill heehee with an atom bomb.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
2) Slay the Spire: A2 Ironclad clear.
2A) Slay the Spire: A3 Ironclad clear.
2B) Slay the Spire: A0 Silent clear.
3) Nioh - Way of the Samurai All non-DLC missions
3a) Nioh - All DLC
4) Nioh 2 - Way of the Samurai
5) Doom Eternal
6) Resident Evil 3 Remake (100% Collectibles, no Item Box, no Healing)
7) FFVIIRM
8) Trials of Mana (2020)
9) Streets of Rage 4
10) Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
11) Halo CE
12) Ghost of Tsushima
13) Marvel's Avengers
14) Kirby Super Star Ultra
15) Super Metroid
16) Mega Man X
17) Katamari Damacy REROLL
18) Mega Man
19) Final Fantasy 6
20) Yakuza 0
21) Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
22) Cyberpunk 2077 - Female Corpo, Ending: Rogue->Johnny ending

People have talked enough poo poo about this game elsewhere so I'm going to remain positive. My three favourite things about the game are:

1. I think Keanu did a really good job as Johnny and the way they worked him into the plot is really creative imo. He's written really well- I like how they didn't just lean into making him wholesome 100 Reddit guy but made him a character that's charming while still being a total piece of poo poo.

2. Even on the hosed up medium settings I had to put on to get a solid 60 FPS, the game looks incredible. Outstanding art design on everything.

3. All of the major side quests kick rear end. The serial killer one is going to stick with me for a while.

I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this game, and I think the last chapter specifically is an exceptional bit of storytelling. The last time I felt this way after finishing something was reading Cloud Atlas or fully finishing Virtue's Last Reward- completely satisfied and entirely unfrustrated. I have faith that CDPR is going to patch the poo poo out of this game and release some absolutely fire DLC, and I hope you all give it a shot when they do.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ECHO (2017) - nice short game, tight mechanics, not too hard once you figure out how the AI works. The architecture is incredible, almost every level is some giant impossible baroque space that ends up extremely unnerving. My only knock against it is the story is delivered in unskippable slow walk sections

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jenny Agutter posted:

ECHO (2017) - nice short game, tight mechanics, not too hard once you figure out how the AI works. The architecture is incredible, almost every level is some giant impossible baroque space that ends up extremely unnerving. My only knock against it is the story is delivered in unskippable slow walk sections

it's a neat game but it's in that category of games where I really wish there was a movie version I could have watched instead

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Final Fantasy VII: Remake
Persona 3 FES
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Suikoden III
Suikoden V
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon

Good poo poo this year but only 2 new games.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Frenz posted:

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Final Fantasy VII: Remake
Persona 3 FES
Suikoden
Suikoden II
Suikoden III
Suikoden V
Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon

Good poo poo this year but only 2 new games.

thats a pretty win year in gaming

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Fungah! posted:

thats a pretty win year in gaming

wfh :worship:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
rdr2

i prob should have replayed the first one more recently because i feel like there’s a lot of fan service to the first game i missed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been calling it Winning From Home.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Cyberpunk 2077

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1) Hades - First escape.
2) Slay the Spire: A2 Ironclad clear.
2A) Slay the Spire: A3 Ironclad clear.
2B) Slay the Spire: A0 Silent clear.
3) Nioh - Way of the Samurai All non-DLC missions
3a) Nioh - All DLC
4) Nioh 2 - Way of the Samurai
5) Doom Eternal
6) Resident Evil 3 Remake (100% Collectibles, no Item Box, no Healing)
7) FFVIIRM
8) Trials of Mana (2020)
9) Streets of Rage 4
10) Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
11) Halo CE
12) Ghost of Tsushima
13) Marvel's Avengers
14) Kirby Super Star Ultra
15) Super Metroid
16) Mega Man X
17) Katamari Damacy REROLL
18) Mega Man
19) Final Fantasy 6
20) Yakuza 0
21) Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
22) Cyberpunk 2077 - Female Corpo, Ending: Rogue->Johnny ending
23Black Mesa

HL1 still rocks. I missed a ton of the environmental story telling as a kid, I think I basically just brute forced my way through everything and completely missed that there are in world signs and markers telling you to go. Even after all the tweaks the arsenal is filled with a lot of duds and the last 25% of the game in Xen is still bad.

fadam fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 30, 2020

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
1) Super Mario 3D Land
2) SEUM: Speedrunners From Hell.
3) RE2
4) Arcane Dimensions
5) Megaman Zero
6) Doom 2016
7) Freedom Planet
8) Yoku's Island Express 100%
9) JUMPGRID
10?) Slay the Spire: -- a) sword guy -- b) poison lady
11) Katamari Damacy REROLL
12) SUPERHOT
13) lovely planet 2
14) Amid Evil
15) Supraland (100%)
16) Trackmania 2 Stadium Solo Campaign all gold
17) GADGET: Invention, Travel & Adventure
18) Into The Breach: Normal 2-3-4 islands
19) Portal 2 coop.
20) Black Mesa
21) post void

22) kairo: I wanted to play this for years and decided now was the time. pretty simple exploration puzzler, like a lighter myst. some of the puzzles are fun but theyre never too complex so it was mostly a cakewalk. enjoyed it a bunch.

23) Dishonored (Nonlethal): it felt like it took a lot less than it did but probably cause i have insane sickness of the head and retrace my steps forty times to make sure i didnt miss 3 gold coins somewhere, but when i my end of mission report said i killed someone (i didnt!!) i would replay the stage and knowing where everything was it took me like 20 mins. really fun stuff, and i only had blink and the see enemies thru walls power, and i didnt level any of them up ebcause it was already too op... i might replay this going wilder with powers or lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ArfJason posted:

23) Dishonored (Nonlethal): it felt like it took a lot less than it did but probably cause i have insane sickness of the head and retrace my steps forty times to make sure i didnt miss 3 gold coins somewhere, but when i my end of mission report said i killed someone (i didnt!!) i would replay the stage and knowing where everything was it took me like 20 mins. really fun stuff, and i only had blink and the see enemies thru walls power, and i didnt level any of them up ebcause it was already too op... i might replay this going wilder with powers or lethal.

I've beaten 1 a few times and 2 has too mega improvements I really like. You have a stats screen in the mission that tells you if you've alerted or killed any one that mission and in the game total (separate stats). so you can actually reload if it changes all of a sudden and you've no idea how. Rather than waiting to the end of a mission to find out somehow you were spotted a mile away so you never realised.

The outsider makes his offer to you and you can decline him and play the game totally blood and bone :black101: