Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

I regret to inform you all that I have come to the decision to not only not longer invite, but to outright ban The Learned Space Science Man from all future meetings of our Science Fiction and Fantasy Film Club. This decision does not come easily but I feel it is necessary for the continued longevity of our group. While I appreciate that some disagree with this move I would like to emphasize that this is based on several incidents that The Learned Space Science Man has caused since his entrance into the Science Fiction and Film Club.

-During our Alien/Aliens double feature he ate most of the snacks without chipping in or even contributing any snacks of his own as most members do. When this was brought up to him in a non confrontational manner he stared directly into the eyes of those who spoke to him about this and grabbed whatever snacks or small pets they had in their hands and ate them in front of them without breaking eye contact.

-At the Metropolis screening with live orchestra event The Learned Science Space Man lept at the screen and tried to, in his own words "get a handful of those robot tiddies" causing severe damage to the screen and a few instruments. His actions almost led us to being banned from Screen Artist Cinema had it not been for some smooth talking from Robert as well as some large donations from our group.

-During the Star Wars film festival, in which we watched all of the Star Wars films in chronological order in preparation for the Star Wars The Last Jedi The Learned Science Space Man offered several people a ride to the theater in his car only to not pick any of them up on the day of the event. When finally reached he claimed that he must have gotten the day wrong but then greeted those that did make it at the theater. I'll remind you that those tickets had to be bought in advance and a few members couldn't make it. Afterwards The Learned Science Space Man called those people he neglected to give rides to shout spoilers at them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
while this move is appreciated it's very much overdue. i brought my concerns to the Club president after a particularly uncomfortable screening of Battlebots where the Learned Space Science Man made incredibly offensive and inappropriate remarks about the battle bot named Backlash. This resulted in a months-long editing war on the Battlebots Wiki where the Learned Space Science Man would consistently vandalize the page to refer to Backlash's spinning disc as a "spinning d--k," but he did not censor the word as I have done. My complaints at the time fell on deaf ears, and you'll forgive me if this too-little too-late sop you're throwing me doesn't inspire much confidence in Club leadership. You have much to do to regain our trust in the wake of the destruction that the Learned Space Science Man left behind him.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

nut

Escape From Noise

Bonaventure posted:

while this move is appreciated it's very much overdue. i brought my concerns to the Club president after a particularly uncomfortable screening of Battlebots where the Learned Space Science Man made incredibly offensive and inappropriate remarks about the battle bot named Backlash. This resulted in a months-long editing war on the Battlebots Wiki where the Learned Space Science Man would consistently vandalize the page to refer to Backlash's spinning disc as a "spinning d--k," but he did not censor the word as I have done. My complaints at the time fell on deaf ears, and you'll forgive me if this too-little too-late sop you're throwing me doesn't inspire much confidence in Club leadership. You have much to do to regain our trust in the wake of the destruction that the Learned Space Science Man left behind him.

I understand your concerns but those Wikipedia edits were not part of the group's activities so it was difficult for us to sanction what happened there.

Escape From Noise

Lol

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
the Learned Space Science Man's jokes about my anus are intolerable

----------------

google THIS

The Learned Space Science Man knows full well that Data was never a baby, yet still he persists.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

what's this about a space man?

Macnult

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

At the Metropolis screening with live orchestra event The Learned Science Space Man lept at the screen and tried to, in his own words "get a handful of those robot tiddies" causing severe damage to the screen and a few instruments. His actions almost led us to being banned from Screen Artist Cinema had it not been for some smooth talking from Robert as well as some large donations from our group.

Escape From Noise

Although he is an avid Twitter user with a large international following I would like to dissuade all of our members from responding to The Learned Space Science Man's inflammatory tweets about the club. I really do think our best course of action is is to ignore it. He will eventually move on to something else.

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
-At my 26th birthday party, Learned Space Science Man drank excessively and became inappropriate and belligerent with myself and my guests, loudly declaring that the party was "unnecessary" and "rooted in primitive superstition." This became especially disruptive during the karaoke contest portion of the festivities, so I asked him to leave. He became very agitated and refused, shouting and using foul language. He directed antisemitic slurs at my father (who is not Jewish) and shouted bizarre anti-circumcision rants over whoever tried to argue with him. I called the police when he announced that he would "burn this whole motherfucker down with everyone in it," and only after the police arrived did he agree to leave.

Macnult

The Learned Space Science Man knows everything about gravitational waves but can’t pinpoint why it’s so funny when Tucker says “groovitation” like a surfer dude

Escape From Noise

Thank you for your continued concerns in this matter. We've all been effected. Myself included. The Learned Space Science Man burst into laughter when I proposed to my now ex girlfriend and kept gesturing to my crotch and making remarks about "particle physics". It's been a trying time for us all.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
when i asked the intoxicated learned space science man to stop explaining quantum physics at my oscar party he challenged me to a wrestling match, and because of that, i failed to see La La Land take their award.

crimes

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
i marked the Learned Space Science Man as one of those people who, as the saying goes, "can dish it out but can't take it," when at his very first meeting he took umbrage at Linda's ribbing suggestion that "boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider" and laid into her with an angry 20 minute diatribe about the benefits of space travel to the Bringer of Jollity and its many moons, discoursing at length about future mining operations there and the discovery of Jovian life. i must confess that as he spoke my mind went agog to consider the possibility of meeting some green-titted beauty within the occult caverns of Io, but there was no call to yell at Linda until he was purple in the face

----------------

wearing a lampshade

Bonaventure

by sebmojo
every month the Learned Space Science Man would suggest that the next Fantasy book we read be The Bible
every month he would laugh at his own joke until he was hoarse

----------------

nut

Bonaventure posted:

i marked the Learned Space Science Man as one of those people who, as the saying goes, "can dish it out but can't take it," when at his very first meeting he took umbrage at Linda's ribbing suggestion that "boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider" and laid into her with an angry 20 minute diatribe about the benefits of space travel to the Bringer of Jollity and its many moons, discoursing at length about future mining operations there and the discovery of Jovian life. i must confess that as he spoke my mind went agog to consider the possibility of meeting some green-titted beauty within the occult caverns of Io, but there was no call to yell at Linda until he was purple in the face

Macnult

Bonaventure posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps

I met the Learned Space Science Man at one of your organizations' open houses, I have to say that I think it was a mistake to have him interact with prospective members such as myself. During the showing of Battlestar Galactica he was obviously masturbating under a coat anytime a cylon was on screen, and his constant misogynist jokes about ladies with "big asteroids" at the gathering were extremely inappropriate.

ty Saoshyant!