Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

The Stringer Bell rule is good life advice.

Doc Hawkins posted:

e: "this is not a place of honor, no great posts are stored here"

I like this new mouseover text for the gas chamber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

The Winter Classic is turning into a loving bloodbath of injuries. Love to see an outdoor hockey game in Dallas.

this was in the first few minutes https://twitter.com/MDeFranks/status/1212452362301915137

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

DND and CSPAM are both current events forums. Several other forums have their own “chat” threads that discuss current events through the lens of that forum’s community.

I feel like there was a rise on those CE threads after there was a temporary moratorium on the USPol thread in D&D.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

crazyivan45 posted:

Just got back to the hotel from the winter classic. Holy poo poo talk about a total loving clusterfuck of an event. 85,000 idiots stumbling around and acting like a brain dead herd, no semblance of any organization anywhere. Overheard a cop on the radio saying a person had collapsed and people were trying to resuscitate them, but that the crowd was so thick they couldn’t get a stretcher to him. Watched the ambulance try and turn into the Midway thing only to have to spend the next 10 minutes trying to back up. In short gently caress cotton bowl stadium

It looked like a bloody, but good game though.

:edit:
agreed, still waiting on the promised monty posts
II
V

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jan 2, 2020

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

ManMythLegend posted:

For real, social media is going to be a complete poo poo show starting in August/September because of this. Political deep fakes are already here and we are completely unprepared for it as a society, especially domestically produced ones.

One of the best crack ping moments in 2019 was when a deep fake of AOC was debunked by a mod on the foot fetish wiki website. Fake news is real, but it's not Trump's definition.

While on road trips I'll occasionally stop in antique shops looking for two things: old hand tools and old cast iron pans. Older pans usually have a more machined surface finish, and if you're lucky, much more seasoning. Love my coated lodge dutch oven too. 95% as good as a la creuset for 25% the price.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

LongDarkNight posted:

This is the decade of Missouri Man. Calling it now.

Looking forward to Big Louie becoming a household name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxyqHkOA00s

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Colors aside, that's a dope Saint's Row crib.

https://twitter.com/NuclearAnthro/status/1212937531374718977

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

2020 will finally see twitter hot takes surpass methane as a leading cause for global warming.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Australia's local population already fighting for resources.
https://twitter.com/iamrapaport/status/1213603629497667584

realtalk: this is scaring the poo poo out of me and I'm half a world away. stay safe ausgoons and kiwigoons. and ferry dogs.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's nice having civvies around in the thread, because you guys get exposed a little to our crazy, or those of us who are, and maybe that helps change the stigma some of us carry. When people categorically shovel us all into the babykiller or republican or hatemonger piles, it's nice that at least a few outsiders can see what parts of us remain relatively human. We're people too, just lied to so often that it becomes hard to determine what is and what isn't, at times.

as a civvie, I appreciate you letting me shitpost with you. GIP is good posting.

I think my favorite part of the Hofeller documents stuff is that the only reason they're getting released is Hofeller's widow gave the daughter a bag of hard drives and said "take them, i don't want them."

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

ded posted:

Chinese farmers have jammers set up on their farms to stop gangs from sending drones with pig flu onto the farms.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/12/23/chinese-pig-farm-attempts-block-criminal-drones-signal-jammer/

omfg get this nasty civi out of here OUR CLUB HOUSE!!!

edit : LOL bye fyad

but my carefully curated twitter follows.
https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/1214304224370143233?s=20

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

gently caress, you're right

I stopped reading the dog thread for 3 or so years after I lost my dog. It was easily the worst decision I ever made. I have so many dog posts to catch up on.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

madeintaipei posted:

I'd had Ms. Peaches for half my life when we lost her. Red-nose pit, smart as a whip, kind to children, cruel to assholes. Never thought I'd get over that one.

Then I went to local pit-bull rescue and found the most ridiculous thing. Pit/boxer, eight years old, scared, scarred, and forgotten. Out of all the beautiful, strong, intelligent dogs there, she stood out (read: she was the first one to wag her tail before doing anything)

Rita in her natural state and habitat:

I'm still not in a place to own dogs, but my little sister adopted two toy poodle pups. I help my parents dogsit them sometimes, and Chewie and I have bonded.

here he is right after she got them. I promise more posts in the dogge thread as part of my new years resolutions.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

good boys. good girls. all still good dogges.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

pmchem posted:

Just wait until deepfakes effectively impersonate the chain of command somewhere to maliciously change a unit action, that's gonna be a real mess.

just get a Luz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVCTTuzj8ys&t=79s

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

2020: everyone in the world having a normal one

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/1214991222009409536

in case it disappears

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 9, 2020

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

They didn't actually doxx him. they called looking at someones post history doxxing and punished.

And part of the reason they went digging was the pro-fascist posts in TG

Nah, digging through your posting enemy's history to find out where they work is creepy and doxxing. Just cause they were dumb enough to post it doesn't mean you should repost it out of context for a sick burn.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

McNally posted:

Yup.

My understanding is that helldumping is a ban, doxxing is a perma.

But sometimes people will accidentally say doxxing when they mean helldumping because they're somewhat similar.

The two perma'd posters were digging up b4tbg's 10 year old posts in an ask/tell thread and going "oh, you work for <MIC contractor>? no wonder you're a lovely transphobic rear end in a top hat." It was clear that those posts got dug up to intimidate and shame him for what he did for a living outside the forums.

b4tbg made some real lovely and ignorant posts in TG, but what those posters did was a ban+30 minimum, compounded by doing it to a mod, and two days before Christmas. Especially seeing as a TG poster literally googled his name and posted his patents in later thread and tried to claim that that wasn't doxxing either.

I feel there's an important material difference between "you made this post, you're a loving rear end in a top hat" and "you made this post, you're a loving rear end in a top hat, and here's how to find you in the real world". First one can be hell dumping, depending on context. Second one is absolutely doxxing and should be treated harshly.

Sorry, I got real strong opinions about doxxing. Watching goons try to equivocate about reposting things that have real world consequences for other goons really grosses me out.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Dwanyelle posted:

The whole thing is a mess.

A lot of things came to a head at the same time in the past month. It's not the first time it's happened on these forums, not going to be the last.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Current Event: QCS is now open. Let's see how this goes.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

Excluding re-regs I'd guess '04 or '05 at the latest.

i'm not so sure about that VV

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

I wouldn't say no to another juice pack

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

On my first deployment a guy got scurvy

hahahaha, wtf. how?

:edit: like, I understand the mechanics of the disease enough to know that it takes a month of no Vitamin C before it sets in. Did they just not eat anything that remotely resembled fruit or veggies? That sounds like so much effort.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

I would pay to watch videos from today of someone just walking up and down that entrance line chirping at the airsoft cosplayers. Just chirp after chirp after chirp from outside the fence.

and the FBI tweeting about MLKJr will never not be funny to me.

Brute Squad fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 20, 2020

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

MA-Horus posted:

Ship Jared Keeso in full Shorsey regalia down there

gently caress you y'all qaida tell your mom to top up our joint bank account I want some KFC

Something about carrying a right handed weapon in a left handed sling shooting hot loads in your face. I dunno, I don't know guns.

gently caress you Fatass MacArthur your plate carrier sags lower than your beer gut talk about building a wall to hold back the unwashed horde.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

lol

https://twitter.com/MattGregoryNews/status/1219274476048785409

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Furries are getting ahead of the curve at policing their communities and helping out others. Good on them.

Who was talking about Coronavirus yesterday? Have I got some feel good news for you.
Spoiler: It's not feel good at all

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/01/21/coronavirus-us-case/

quote:

First U.S. case of potentially deadly Chinese coronavirus confirmed in Washington state

By
Lena H. Sun
Jan. 21, 2020 at 12:48 p.m. CST

A man in Washington state has been diagnosed with the mysterious virus that began last month in China, becoming the first case confirmed in the United States of an illness that has killed at least six people and sickened hundreds more, according to U.S. officials.

The man, in his 30s, is in stable condition at Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett, Wa. Officials said they are monitoring him there out of an abundance of caution, not because he is seriously ill. The man arrived in the United States last week, before federal health officials began screening travelers from the central Chinese city of Wuhan at Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York’s John F. Kennedy international airports, the first such screening since the 2014 Ebola outbreak.

The outbreak has grown rapidly in recent days, with authorities in China reporting confirmed cases in multiple cities as hundreds of millions of people in China and elsewhere in Asia are on the move in the run-up to the Lunar New Year, the biggest migration event in the world. The infection is believed to have begun among people who shopped or worked at an animal market in Wuhan. But its rapid spread led officials to conclude that people, as well as animals, can transmit the infection.

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses ranging from the common cold to much more serious diseases, which can infect both humans and animals, according to WHO. The strain spreading in China is related to two other coronaviruses that have caused major outbreaks in recent years: Middle East respiratory syndrome, also known as MERS, and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome, or SARS.

“Since this is a respiratory virus, it is spread easier than Ebola so it brings with it more fear of easily being transmitted between people,” said Matthew Frieman, a virologist and associate professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine who studies coronaviruses.

The World Health Organization is meeting Wednesday to decide whether to declare the outbreak a public health emergency.

Symptoms of a coronavirus infection include respiratory problems, difficulties breathing, fever and cough, and can lead to severe cases of pneumonia, kidney failure, acute respiratory syndrome (when fluid builds up in the lungs) and death. The elderly, young and those with an already weakened immune system are at a higher risk of developing severe lower-respiratory tract diseases, like bronchitis and pneumonia, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

A local NY reporter is live tweeting the Michael Avenetti Nike extortion opening statements.

https://twitter.com/innercitypress/status/1222600330308964353?s=20

:basta:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

good dogge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Since Warren's question was directed to the 'house manager', not the CJ, Schiff answered it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqa0MrzGYTw