Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Woah I'm seeing double, four current events threads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

Where's all the whining about GIPs continued existence happening?

I think there's like 2 or 3 people who have a grudge against GIP in particular, maybe a couple more who just don't like the idea of a dedicated military subforum, which I think is fairly reasonable. Probably a few more people are under the impression that we're all super chuds in here, but I think for the most part people are willing to just let us be.

It probably helps that we have the best dog thread.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well, good thing he's just normal stupid instead of racist stupid.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fallom posted:

People keep saying this but what exactly would a “prepared society” look like or do differently?

A better education system that encourages people to think critically rather than swallow whatever bullshit is put in front of them.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:d2a:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HELL YEAH NO WAR unless it's profitable

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm gonna start donating a dollar to warren or volunteering every time you post if you're going to keep being this obnoxious about her.

:thumbsup:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

like seriously though A) Sanders' statement said basically the same thing and B) the fact that we may be at war with iran by the time we wake up in the morning is slightly more important than extremely petty sniping

We're on a dying comedy forum, literally nothing we post here is important.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah that's fair and I'll cop to the post being pretty snide. I'm just sick of the equivocation, you can say this was a stupid thing to do without covering your rear end with "well he was a bad guy and needed to be extrajudicially murdered BUT..."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Considering the upcoming election, I think you kind of do have to say "he was a piece of poo poo, but". Otherwise the "*candidate* says terrorist more important than our troops" attack ads right themselves. It's campaign season.

99% of Americans had no idea who this guy was until today, and I doubt that a majority of them give a poo poo that he's dead now. I think it's safe to just say no more war.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Nah, he owns a lot of hotels so a ton of innocent people would be killed.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Except MSNBC's official twitter just called him the #1 bad guy. It's pretty easy to see how the big networks are going to spin this. In a couple days every water cooler clown in the country will have an opinion on this guy. So yeah, no one knew who he was this morning, but everyone will know by next week. Why make it even easier for the other side to spin up the outrage machine against you?

lol msnbc

The media got rock loving hard over the Iraq invasion, even the """liberal""" networks, because it meant more money for them. They're already working themselves up to half mast over this, they don't give a poo poo as long as it gets clicks and views.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

Trump is so bad at this that hes going to no CB invade Iran instead of going with one of the fabricated ones.

-2 stability and +2 war exhaustion, we're hosed.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is a level beyond crack ping.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fallom posted:

I've really enjoyed the desperate implication that you can fully disrupt a functioning enterprise by removing a single manager

That's how it works in the movies, you kill the top bad guy and then it's all over.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Calling it now: Trump is going to override this because it makes him look weak.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

I'm a vet, and this is one of the only vet forums I can actually stomach

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Missile-related engine failure

The correct term is Missile Aircraft Strike Hazard (MASH).

You know, as in when an airplane flies through an unexpected flock of missiles.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So how long until he starts whining about not getting the Nobel peace prize for this stunt?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

A nazi was modding D&D and was banning some CSPAM posters. Several posters got discord logs/screen shots of the nazi saying nazi things on the nazi discord. These people were permabanned for "doxxing" and "mod sass". The nazi mod eventually put up this "defense" which was basically that they were totally an undercover spy guys, all the nazi stuff was just ironic to fit in. Because you know, you can't just idle and lurk on a discord for forever. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909802

ahhaha what the actual gently caress

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

dubzee posted:

The 2012 Mayan apocalypse actually happened. The old timeline ended leaving this plane of reality unmoored from any sense of normalcy and will continue to get more insane.

That's my theory anyway :smith:

Nah.

Whatever dark magic allowed the Cubs to win the World Series is what split the timeline.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

I don't see the impass, just pay the US $0 and they'll leave, right?

No I think the implication here is that bad things will happen if we leave.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Prop Wash posted:

Mr. Lowtax is helping me find my pistol.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I do not get it

It's a joke from Disco Elysium that probably doesn't make much sense out of context.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Wait I’m confused. If you hate the federal government and are a sovereign citizen, then why are you enforcing a nation who you don’t recognize the legitimacy of border?

I mean I know the answer is racism, but that’s just an extra step of stupid.

It's because they're actually 100% on board with a strong, authoritarian government ruling over them, just as long as those people don't have a say in it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

That book from the NASA doctor said sex is not possible in microgravity which is going to lead to a lot of disappointment.

It definitely should be possible, but you'd pretty much have to make a bed specifically for loving. One of the participants would have to be completely strapped down.

Also you'd have to do it in a bubble to prevent any of the various fluids from getting into sensitive electronics.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Incels are mad that even in space Newton’s third law doesn’t mean a girl will be excited to be with them.

They can't even solve a two body problem.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I really don’t want anything to happen to Trump in office. They do not need a goddamn martyr like that. The exact argument on FB will be: “Why do we have MLK day but not Donald J Trump day?”. Just let him subsume into the background noise of US politics and let the prosecution begin once his term and protections of office are up.

Yeah, Trump dying in office would be a loving disaster. Imagine all the decorum bullshit about McCain's death but cranked up to 11.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Personally I think being a veteran is a mark against her.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BigDave posted:

Any one watching the debates?

CNN is straight up ratfucking Bernie.

Mod: "Sanders, why did you say a woman can't win an election?"
Bernie: "I didn't say that." *expands on his answer*
Mod: "Warren, how did you feel when Sanders definitely said that thing?"

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 15, 2020

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

lmfao gently caress you CNN you pieces of poo poo

:cripes:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

fknlo posted:

That seems like it's an impeachable offense. The Republicans have even been crowing about how no laws were broken and everything. I'm sure the Democrats will get right on that.

They'll find some way to rationalize it to themselves, as always.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:same:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I've been checking his twitter, here's the start of the thread

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1219229277440237569?s=19

Robert Evans also recently attended and reported on a furry convention, and these guys are unbelievably more pathetic than the people dressed in animal costumes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Related, Worst Year Ever's recent report on Midwest Furfest, how furries dealt with nazis among them, and what the rest of us can learn from it is really outstanding.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:wow:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This dude just wants senpai to notice him. I respect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

He probably did it himself.