Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Meshka posted:

Think of it as a parity of power. They have none. For every attack against American citizens the relatianion will be ten fold. Maybe attacking american personel was not the wise strategic choice on their part.

Who the gently caress are you nerd? Are you loving high? Iran has really good cyber warfare dudes and also connections to a lot of really bad people who likely have zero day backdoors to every major utility and medical system in the US. poo poo they quite likely have ways to get into secure government networks too. They also have control of the Straits of Hormuz, if you close that off to US ships, or go bigger and close it to all merchant shipping, the economy is gonna take a major poo poo because oil will spike hard. Starting a war with Iran is monumentally stupid, nuclear proliferation issues aside, nothing good will come of it and a whole lot of bad poo poo is gonna happen for no loving reason other than someone whispered in trump's ear that wartime presidents get re-elected.

Maybe dropping a bomb on a dude at an airport was not a wise strategic choice on Supreme Leader Drumpf's part?

E: Meshka, if you are in the military, decisions like what happened tonight get you killed. If you're not in the military, you're a chickenhawk piece of poo poo and I would love nothing better than to hand you a loving M4 and a parachute and drop you into a combat zone to see the "glory" of war up close and personal.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

McNally posted:

Too long, unfortunately.

Mouseover text

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/lettucewrangler/status/1214965787288621059

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/MrsSmith_IA/status/1214970974388527104

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Owns

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So the shootdown was apparently because the battery commander could not raise HHQ, and could not determine what the aircraft was and everyone was on edge, and claims that there was 10s before the aircraft was out of range of his battery, and he made the call to fire. So basically what everyone kinda figured, a communications breakdown in a high stress environment. That battery commander is probably on suicide watch though i'd bet, once someone told him what he shot down.

Dude's gonna be reliving that order for the rest of his life :smith:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jan 11, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Flikken posted:

gently caress the Ravens on general principal.

Lamar and Greg Roman are really cool though

Shouldn't it be gently caress the Pats tho?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

A Bad Poster posted:

EXONERATION
NO TWEETING
DON'T GIVE A gently caress IF I LEFT THE KURDS BLEEDING

loving hell

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AARP LARPer posted:

Thanks for letting me pop in here real quick. I have a dumb question that doesn't merit a thread and you seem like a decent lot.

You know how a high-ranking officer might employ an enlisted soldier as a personal aide-de-camp or whatever you call it -- and that enlisted soldier enjoys a certain....uh.... "freedom of action"...far beyond his rank because of who he works for?

Is there a term used to describe this type of coat-tail riding in the military? I'm going to beat you to the punch with "Another day that ends in -y", but seriously...what do you call that sort of power that a low-ranking dude inherits that way?

Positional authority is the term for the person who is acting on behalf of the commander, sometimes it's coat tail riding sometimes it's legitimate. Depends on the situation really.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Usually it's not some private fucknuts running around giving orders on behalf of a general. You will see it happen between enlisted members of a commanders staff and a command they are I guess embedded with. I can only use naval scenarios because that's what I have experience with.

Example Petty Officer 2nd class Schmuckatelli comes down to the communications shop and tells us the the Admiral's NIPR computer isn't working, and basically orders someone from the comms shop to come fix it. That would fly if they're a member of the commander's staff, and also the commander's comms guy. If they're not both of those, often they will be told to get lost.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

As a side note it's fun from the outside looking in when a junior officer comes to you and asks what they should do in X situation and you tell them to grow a pair and figure it out (noncritical situation obviously, if they actually need help or will gently caress poo poo up I give advice). Id have never been able to do that as an enlisted dork but it's fun to do it to young officers now, I can see why senior enlisted enjoy it.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 17, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Has Meghan McCain gotten anything in her life that was not just a handout based on dad

Gonna venture a no.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

why the bills havent won a super bowl.jpg

Blame cancer man

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

This dude (Mathews) looks exactly like you think he would

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I am mildly curious what their recruitment pitch is

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Stravag posted:

It was a Big BEAUTIFUFUFUL death star, a perfect death star. Folks you never seen a death star so good. Perfect just perishect. And they dont let us have death stars, no more, they hate us for our death stars. And they were so much perfect. Well we're gonna bring death shtrars back and it will be so amazing folks like you'd never believe.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/CarlHigbie/status/1168566929394679810

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lake of Methane posted:

I really wanted this to be true about being the same room.

But Jeb! was in New Hampshire for his and Buttiman is in Iowa this week.

https://twitter.com/alec_sears/status/1219718298247553029

The resemblance is uncanny.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 22, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

joat mon posted:

Are we allowed to like Letterkenny? :ohdear:

Please tell me there's nothing wrong with Letterkenny

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This Medium post actually does a pretty thoughtful job of breaking down what’s good and bad about Letterkenny. It didn’t really change my enjoyment of the show but it did give me some things to think about.

Jeez I can't believe Jared Keeso thought those things. gently caress im gonna have to think about this.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Abongination posted:

So, random question.

Why has Trump not instituted a major national roads and infrastructure repair plan?

Seems like such a easy way to buy goodwill and create a shitload of jobs, especially in regional red areas with declining prospects.

The money could be found for it and anyone attacking the spending would be unpatriotic or whatever.

(because Republicans don't actually give a poo poo about their base, they just use them to stay in power and rile them up with xenophobic rambling about anyone whose skin is darker than freshly driven snow)

E: Also abortion

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Sic semper rapists

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

I'd put this in the dog thread, but I'd rather keep that clean of this sort of thing!

https://twitter.com/IvePetThatDog/status/1222659013529214976?s=19

I would vote for Bailey Warren for first dog.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

political researchers have determined that Bailey Warren really really loves playing in snow, as well as chasing rabbits and squirrels, and getting lots of pets.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Then use the windmills as guillotines after

That's efficiency right there

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

The syntax and formatting of that memo suggest it's either written by a top-tier dumbass or is fake.

So probably the former.

There's a lot of top tier dumbasses in CBP. CBP kinda self-selects for the idiot who would write this and think it's cool.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sunnis are fine but only if they fly in

also :drat:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0WnZyxp_Wo

Needs more Hell March.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

M_Gargantua posted:

Do we even need a single guess to assume what would happen in the event a second amendment activist showed up but he happened to be black?

Probably shot dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It really is something

https://twitter.com/slpng_giants/status/1223409847447588864?s=20