Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Crakkerjakk posted:

Yeah, 90% of my cooking is done in one of three things: Cast iron skillet, pressure cooker, or 6 cup saucepan.

Yeah cast iron pan and cast iron dutch oven cover the vast majority of our cooking needs too. Stupid simple to cook with and with just a little care is always ready to do whatever I need it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am going to need some context for this because there is no way I am watching an hour and forty minute video of a woman sitting fully clothed in a bath tub talking about Youtube drama between a male makeup artist and some old woman I've never heard of before.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

EBB posted:

At this point I think thread readers know if they like contrapoints or not, I'm just posting the update.

Yeah I must be living under a rock because I've never heard of the channel or any of the people involved in whatever that drama is.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Fallom posted:

Most of the old school cast iron wisdom is irrelevant these days. Once a pan is seasoned it’s pretty hard to damage it without physically scraping it off. Soap and water are fine.

I think there was specifically a problem with old soap made out of lye or something.

Yeah my only real complaint about using cast iron stuff is the weight. Trying to drain a pan full of grease is a challenge when it weights like 30 pounds and all you have is an awkward grip on the burning hot handle.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Suicide Watch posted:

Guys cast iron has been around for millennia so unless there's something current about them a new thread should be started

I currently use cast iron to cook food. That qualifies it as a current event.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Viva Miriya posted:

You aren't. Unless you are CHIEF PETTY OFFICER GALLAGHER. Then you are a hero.

I think you mean "Salty Frog Gallagher" and his brand new line of tacticool clothing.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I don't think I've ever been more lucky to have been hit by a car on the freeway and have fractured vertebrae and a broken tibia. I will be LimDu until the middle of 2020. By then I will be working on my final physical for my retirement.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Why are insurgents attacking military forces on a military base described as terrorists committing a terror attack?

e: Obviously the military press release is doing that, why is the news playing along?

Agreed. Attacking US military equipment and personnel is not terrorism. It's just an attack on a valid target.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Crakkerjakk posted:

Because as far as the news people are concerned "terrorism" is when brown people engage in violence, near as I can tell.

Most of the folks in Kenya and Somalia are black.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

This was posted in the Discord last week and seems appropriate for my current mood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVekJTmtwqM

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

not caring here posted:

I prefer it when he does tweet all that inane bullshit. It means he's not doing anything. When he's not tweeting he's making really loving terrible decisions that we find out about later.

Maybe, just this once, one of his handlers have put him in time out to cool down before making any rash decisions.

LOL, we know it's not really this. Jesus Christ we are all hosed.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

LingcodKilla posted:

Marines should go back to the WW2 uniform too.

Service Alphas have barely changed since WWII. Outside of anodizing most stuff instead of having to polish all the metal bits they are almost the same.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Judging by all of the terrible body kits I Japanese love to put on regular cars, I'd say that fits right in with the same car club aesthetic I saw all over Japan.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Victor Vermis posted:

It's been said a few times.

But GIP isn't exactly flush with veterans anymore.

Can't imagine why.

Not sure what you are implying here. While it’s true there are less than ten or fifteen years ago, there are still a lot of vets hanging around.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CommieGIR posted:

I'm the distinct lack of Greeks like Thespians and Thebans in that scene.

I’m the guy who confused Thespians with Lesbians and am wondering why that show is such a sausage fest.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

orange juche posted:

So the shootdown was apparently because the battery commander could not raise HHQ, and could not determine what the aircraft was and everyone was on edge, and claims that there was 10s before the aircraft was out of range of his battery, and he made the call to fire. So basically what everyone kinda figured, a communications breakdown in a high stress environment. That battery commander is probably on suicide watch though i'd bet, once someone told him what he shot down.

Dude's gonna be reliving that order for the rest of his life :smith:

Yeah I am saddened that innocent people were killed but more death won't bring anyone back.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nice and hot piss posted:

Rugby is something that I wish would take off in the u.s.

But alas, it won't because America has awful taste in sports

Agreed. I played on an adult Rugby team for a little bit when I was younger and it is the best of soccer and football. Plus without pads you still get the poo poo knocked out of you but you are less likely to murder your family because of years of repeated head trauma, since not having a protective helmet forces you to tackle differently.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I don’t give a poo poo about Target’s bottom line but there is no way this dude can think that the manager could actually sell him a toothbrush for almost nothing because a price that says display all over it is listed as a penny. I am sure someone up the chain would hem her up for that and while being slightly above a lowly wage slave, she isn’t far removed from the lowest worker there.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Stravag posted:

The typical law abiding gun owner. And i say that as someone with almost 5k rounds in my apt

Five hundred round bricks of 22lr don’t count.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Proud Christian Mom posted:

MSNBC host and noted homophobe Joy Ann Reid had a "body language expert" on to tell us that Bernie was lying. Also, she's an anti-vaxxer

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1218610448381227008?s=19

already gone

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I appreciate the updates. I had no idea what any of that stuff was.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

The dude knocked up his SSG's wife. This was in the works for years.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Smiling Jack posted:

Oh this is already a thing.

I joked about setting up a tactical daddy line of baby poo poo back in 2009 and every day I curse myself for not forseeing the incredible rise in military cosplay cargo cult fashion

As a dumb boot circa 2001-2002 or so I got invited to go play airsoft one time. I showed up in my cammies with no rank on and found that almost everyone else was cosplaying SS soldiers. That was a weird day since I had no other ride home.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am not an infantryman but I spent a lot of my career with infantry units and spent time as an instructor for combat arms stuff. The Marine Corps has a lot of latitude for how varied career paths can be.

It’s still dumb as poo poo and the worst of the branches.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I distinctly remember there being a big thing in China a few years back where there was a giant black market for cooking oil which resulted in people making knock off poo poo from sewage sludge and selling it at a discount to places around the country. Of course said knock off cooking oil contained like 50 bajillion carcinogens and was making people sick all over.

edit- I say this to show how loving thankful I am that there is some food regulation here in the US and would point to what happens in China to anyone who wants to weaken our regulations.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 23, 2020

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

shame on an IGA posted:

anyway here's some aggressively wholesome content

https://twitter.com/JerseyITGuy/sta...ingawful.com%2F

I will never knock attempts at making games more accessible for those with mobility issues. However, once that dude has figured out the ideal button mapping, he can shrink the size of that thing to a quarter of the size by using one of THESE. I built a fight stick that works on PC, PS4, Xbox, and Switch using a similar board and they are the size of an Altoids can.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Loden Taylor posted:

It IS big on purpose. Hekk was saying he could keep the large controller but dramatically shrink the hardware side by using that board.

Yeah sorry I wasn’t clearer. I meant that the physical size of the controller can stay the same shape and size. However all of the wires he has running underneath of it can be made much smaller and easier to fit into the same case he is using for the sticks and buttons. The board I linked replicates the input for any of the normal console controllers. He simply has to hook the appropriate wires up on the board. However once assembled it’d be more of a pain in the rear end to change configurations so it’s best to hash that out beforehand with what he is using.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

One would think Russians have the most reason of anyone to hate Nazis. Seems weird that there are Nazi groups originating from there.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

So it's just tribalism. Crackers come in many flavors, I guess.

Poland has a bunch of hot blondes, brexiters are shooting themselves in the balls here. And good vodka.

Don't forget pierogi and awesome sausages.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Fallom posted:

Can't believe the first guy to gently caress a snake is going to get us all killed

If you think that the first time someone hosed a snake was sometime recent, I have bad news for you.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Stravag posted:

Wait jk rowlings hates trans people when did this happen and how did i miss it?

I had to look up TERF because a friend posted some poo poo about buying bootleg Harry Potter stuff so as not to support Rowling anymore. IDGI but whether or not transgendered girls get to earn college athletic scholarships is super low on my list of poo poo that is important to me so I suspect I am not the target audience for the initialism.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Flying in conditions where you don't have constant visuals with the ground change the flight from Visual Flight Rules (VFR) to Instrument Flight Rules (IFR). Pilots require additional training and certification to fly in IFR conditions. I am not familiar with what the flight plan filing procedures are for helicopters but I imagine there are different clearances required to fly IFR in Los Angeles which is one of the busiest areas in the US.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

MrMojok posted:

Dood this happened up around Malibu, there is nothing but loving hills up there, it is literal nonstop hills on top of hills

Air traffic, not cars.

edit- Also, I am not an expert on flying helicopters but I have flown. For planes, I can fly VFR without filing a flight plan. However, if I want to fly IFR, I need the IFR rating, an aircraft with all of the equipment necessary to fly IFR, and I need to file a flight plan in order to be granted clearance.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 27, 2020

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

:captainpop:

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

This gave me flashbacks of one of my especially moronic ncos yelling "SAY AGAIN OVER!" into a drive-thru intercom

I am very guilty of always using the phrase "say again". I don't try to military it up but I spent too long on radios and years teaching call for fire for untrained observers. There is no other phrase that comes to my head when I need someone to repeat something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am the Adidas BDUs in the Slav squat.