Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

If he gets rid of the ability of Facebook and Twitter to make olds and rurals into nazis I'm willing to accept this as the tradeoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe roganites can be made to believe Bernie's healthcare plan can make them taller

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm sure we all can have the utmost faith in the forthrightness and aptitude of our elected officials and the departments they lead

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That Works posted:

More of us will die from flu than this Corona stuff is my guess.

I think the part that's scaring people is that it's like 20 times the mortality rate of the flu.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

That Works posted:

Haven't seen much in the way of reliable / real numbers yet but yeah it could be the case.

Still, these kind of fears are irrational typically.

E: and I loathe the media circus drumming up unneeded panic as a result.

Oh absolutely - the fact that this virus was genome sequenced quite early after identification means that people who'd otherwise be treated as regular-rear end flu patients are being questioned about their travel and then being tested for confirmation which presumably makes the public affairs people more comfortable with reporting each case as it's identified.

On one hand, flu kills tens of thousands each year but that's out of tens of millions of cases. This is like what, 40-50 out of less than a thousand? Yes it's dangerous but no it's not sweeping the loving globe like an unstoppable tide of croupy death.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Stravag posted:

According to IFLscience, they suspect Corona jumped from snakes to humans

oh great another loving bible allegory the face-picking end of the internet is gonna feed to the president

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it's so easy to confuse new york and los angeles, they have so many similarities

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallom posted:

2.5 miles seems like plenty of distance to avoid flying into a hill. Were they flying in the clouds yet saying they were still in VFR?

yes

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Why's Bernie winning in polling though, if his staff is a bunch of rinkydink idiots who can't campaign their way out of a paper bag?

seems to me like that fight came and went and bernie won

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bird food bathtub posted:

Mideast peace plan is out. If you take the propaganda seriously and don't just assume they're puking it up for a media distraction, it took them three years to come up with "Two states, four year hold on new settlements, everything in place is totes legal" and then some poo poo about "east Jerusalem" that I still haven't figured out.

Almost like he breaks poo poo and then "fixes" it by implementing the same exact poo poo except with his name on it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"they get twice the land"

yeah rear end in a top hat let's sell your house and give you 20 acres outside scenic delamar nevada

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

maffew buildings posted:

At this point anyone arguing against M4A might as well just say they want people who have less than them to suffer, same for being against student debt relief or free college. There's literally no arguments against any of them that don't come back to being kind of a sociopath

that's pretty much how they frame it already, either that or in the "my daddy beat me and his daddy beat him before that, we are the spanish habsburgs of child abuse and by fuckin' god I'm gonna beat my kids too" sense of misery validation.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Milo and POTUS posted:

My concern is the rich will show their asses and do something to make the whole house of cards collapse

not really sure if this mess of cards on the floor qualifies as a house but who knows maybe they're flammable too

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Bernie needs a billionaire to kick around on stage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/GettyImagesNews/status/1223344677568634880

I, a 2d amendment advocate, sure enjoy cosplaying in a look of a Russian-backed Ukrainian separatist

hey did you know they'll let you walk into the Kentucky state capitol with a gun

That's kind of unsettling.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 1, 2020