Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Is this why all the surgeons are Muslim now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

it's always from this weird "protect are females" standpoint, huh.

i want to see some paranoia that white dudes will have to wear a niqab too lol

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Pants Donkey posted:

And here is the last Tina Toon of 2020.

rant posted:

Government recompense for those out of work was minuscule

Weird how this is just a thing that happened for which no one in particular was to blame.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Also the 60's were pretty sexist and awful.

This is true, but Gene was especially so. It was really at odds with his utopian ideals, but it was what it was.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

FFT posted:

it's always from this weird "protect are females" standpoint, huh.

i want to see some paranoia that white dudes will have to wear a niqab too lol

Would kick rear end, a niqab would cover all my scars.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

All this, when the actual proposals are usually just to put "this work is a product of its time" labels in them

also has anyone even proposed banning To Kill a Mockingbird or is that just projection since it portrays racial injustice? /e: or is it just because just like Huckleberry Finn a label has been proposed regarding the language within it?

stringless fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 1, 2021

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

FFT posted:

All this, when the actual proposals are usually just to put "this work is a product of its time" labels in them

also has anyone even proposed banning To Kill a Mockingbird or is that just projection since it portrays racial injustice?

Ramirez probably secretly wants to.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

FFT posted:

also has anyone even proposed banning To Kill a Mockingbird or is that just projection since it portrays racial injustice? /e: or is it just because just like Huckleberry Finn a label has been proposed regarding the language within it?

To Kill a Mockingbird is at the top of a lot of "most frequently banned or challenged books. It comes down to poor literacy skills, really. A lot of people don't understand that portraying a thing is not the same thing as endorsing a thing. See also: why a lot of people think Romeo and Juliet is a touching love story.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I've literally never heard of anyone wanting to ban Shakespeare or the Odyssey, lol.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.

RoboRodent posted:

To Kill a Mockingbird is at the top of a lot of "most frequently banned or challenged books. It comes down to poor literacy skills, really. A lot of people don't understand that portraying a thing is not the same thing as endorsing a thing. See also: why a lot of people think Romeo and Juliet is a touching love story.

2 hormonal teenagers in lust with each other rebel against their families and by the end of it, 6 people are dead.

Love story.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There are definitely a lot of people who want to teach kids more modern literature, rather than teaching them "the classics" just because they're the classics. And the usual suspects get pretty upset about that.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mistikman posted:

2 hormonal teenagers in lust with each other rebel against their families and by the end of it, 6 people are dead.

Love story.

Fuckin' high school all over again.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I know Sinfest Sunday isn’t here yet, but I decided to check on it given we have literally one day left in the year.

He decided to start focusing on Trump.

Two days before New Year’s.

During a plot about an anthropomorphic 2020 who dies at the end of the year.

He is such a bad writer.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Christ, I'm old. :corsair:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

I know Sinfest Sunday isn’t here yet, but I decided to check on it given we have literally one day left in the year.

He is such a bad writer.

I knew it was headed someplace bad, but I'm surprised at just how bad it is and what kind of bad.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Pants Donkey posted:

He is such a bad writer.

This is like the opposite of Stantis where he always swerves and says nothing in the end, sinfest desperately trying to sweep in and say something and failing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

War Wizard posted:

Lol at thinking the Right gives any damns about qualifications. This from the party that brought you Betsy DeVos. Oh and Trump family members getting insider jobs.
Did anyone on the right ever attempt to square "we believe in meritocracy above all else" with the entire Trump family getting cushy and important cabinet jobs? Feels like everyone just ignored it.

There's a quote from F451 right on the loving blackboard, of course they're reading it.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Vib Rib posted:

Did anyone on the right ever attempt to square "we believe in meritocracy above all else" with the entire Trump family getting cushy and important cabinet jobs? Feels like everyone just ignored it.

They weren't told to be mad about it, so they aren't.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013

Dirk the Average posted:

They weren't told to be mad about it, so they aren't.

Or it’s a positive that they support a politician who is so family oriented. So loving and talented. None of them being a petty tyrant with programs like healthy lunches for school kids.

Corruption is whatever my opponents do and whatever my guy does is a virtue.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Uhhhh, they're all rich so they obviously have merit. Duh.

Lotsofluck
Nov 26, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Since we are in a new year...someone should make a new thread for Political Cartoons 2021. And don't forget the gaybies for 2020.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Pants Donkey posted:

He is such a bad writer.

This made me curious, so I checked on it too.

He's doing this.

He's doing this entirely unironically. He's going "Both sides are just as bad," without even a hint of irony.

In what world has he lived until just now? :psyduck:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
What the gently caress is the metaphor here. Where did we go.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

endlessmonotony posted:

Brits prioritized fishing very high in discussions about the deal.

The deal hosed over fishing and also every other industry, because it turns out selling things to the mainland is a rather important part of every industry the UK has.

Is it worth mentioning that the British fishing industry is relatively miniscule? Games Workshop, makers of such crap miniature games like Warhammer 40.000 makes twice as much money per year as the fishing industry as a whole.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

God I hate this dumb motherfucker.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Dumb motherfuckers are not uncommon but this sort actually get people infected, of which some will die.
doesn't this sort of thing fall under the 'screaming FIRE in a packed theater' definition of illegal?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Lodin posted:

Is it worth mentioning that the British fishing industry is relatively miniscule? Games Workshop, makers of such crap miniature games like Warhammer 40.000 makes twice as much money per year as the fishing industry as a whole.
Don't they actually make most of their money by licensing video games and books?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Tax Turnabout Is Fair Play

Ted Rall posted:

Tens of millions of people have lost their jobs, tons of businesses have gone under but the best the government can offer is a single $600 stimulus check. If they are going to be so lame, can we?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Why is she looking at one phone and talking on another

And what the gently caress is that apartment layout. Has she just moved in?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Why is she looking at one phone and talking on another

And what the gently caress is that apartment layout. Has she just moved in?

These millennials don't need any furnishing when they have their two phones and TV gadgets to stare into.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Lodin posted:

I've seen this quote before, but what is it based on? In 2019, the British fishing industry landed fish worth £987 million, while Games Workshop has a revenue of £256 million. I don't know which numbers you are supposed to use when comparing a sector with a company.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Athas posted:

I've seen this quote before, but what is it based on? In 2019, the British fishing industry landed fish worth £987 million, while Games Workshop has a revenue of £256 million. I don't know which numbers you are supposed to use when comparing a sector with a company.

As I recall it's actually the market value of GW the company that is greater, not the turnover.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Jedit posted:

As I recall it's actually the market value of GW the company that is greater, not the turnover.
Yeah they can make plastic miniatures forever, but fish are going to run out soon.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Lurdiak posted:

God I hate this dumb motherfucker.

Are you Chinese?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Jedit posted:

according to the market Games Workshop is worth somewhere between two and five billion pounds.

Someone else can look up how much money the fishing in the waters Britain sold the fishing rights to is currently making for Britain

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

This is becoming the new thing already on the right - the media is already helping Bidden by not reporting the same crazy stuff that was true about Trump!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Verdict: no vaccine for Bok