Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought the ending of Red Dead Redemption 2 (pre-epilogue, which I also greatly enjoyed) was beautiful and uplifting, but I did play Arthur as High Honor so maybe it's more depressing if you played Arthur as Low Honor?

Something about a dying man doing all in his power to save something out of his life's work, to ensure that somebody else he loved got to have everything he failed to have, pushing past his physical limitations before dying at peace, looking out at the sun up somewhere high like he'd always wanted (so he could think about all the good times he and the gang had together) was just a wonderful, sweet and honestly close-to-perfect ending to such a great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

RBA Starblade posted:

Yep. It's good now folks

Is there a specific DLC to get that Makes The Game Good or just All of Them?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Max Wilco posted:

I guess that's what has me split; on one hand, the slow pace is something that I would probably find really tedious at times when I just want to get to the action. On the other hand, sometimes I like it when games are a bit more laid back, and RDR2 seems a lot more visually interesting than RDR1 was (I remember RDR1 being mostly open desert areas with a couple of small towns).

I don't know what all transpires in the story, but I got a general impression of what transpires based on a few things I read/heard about, and the fact that it's a prequel to RDR1 (which also ended on a kind of depressing note). It sounds like it's more in the vein of something like Unforgiven rather than some more light-hearted like... I dunno, Shane? (I haven't seen many westerns). It does seem like it can get very dreary at points, so it might not be the ideal thing to play if you're going through a rough patch. Overall, though, it sounds like there's a optimistic element to it.

Plus, it's a Rockstar game, so if the game does give you a somber mission, you can always wreak havoc in the open world afterwards :v:

despite the story (which I would agree is overall rather heavy hearted) RDR2 provides imo the most excellent open world to explore. The simualtion systems working in the background provide an amazingly vivid experience that feels a lot more natural as many other games. I just started playing it again and basically I just hunt animals all day.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

If you want mods, and there are some very good mods for MW5, then you basically need all the DLC because the bigger/better ones probably won't work right without it. The Career mode, which is what most people are actually talking about when they talk about MW5 these days, is from the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC and the other DLC's basically add onto Career mode. Legend of the Kestrel Lancers big selling point is a long series of story missions but also adds other smaller missions, mechs, and environments. Call to Arms adds a short series of missions for a sub-par mech, new melee mech stuff, and some environments - its overpriced for what it is but again you likely need it for big mods.

If you already tried MW5 and didn't like it I can't really say that much has changed besides Career mode being better than the Campaign. Mods could very well help with that but that's a gamble.

Runa posted:

I'm still in shambles at how good this is

Especially in co-op. Which works. With mods.

Most of the time.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

For yet another take on RDR2's singleplayer mode: I found it to be absolutely atrociously paced and consequently not very interesting at all. I played the singleplayer for some 8 hours before I binned it, during which perhaps one and a half interesting things happened, and nothing of what happened until then made me feel particularly invested in any of the characters or the protagonist. Maybe it picks up later on, but I didn't find myself caring very much to find out and honestly it's not like the gameplay itself was much of a draw, either.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kibayasu posted:

If you want mods, and there are some very good mods for MW5, then you basically need all the DLC because the bigger/better ones probably won't work right without it. The Career mode, which is what most people are actually talking about when they talk about MW5 these days, is from the Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC and the other DLC's basically add onto Career mode. Legend of the Kestrel Lancers big selling point is a long series of story missions but also adds other smaller missions, mechs, and environments. Call to Arms adds a short series of missions for a sub-par mech, new melee mech stuff, and some environments - its overpriced for what it is but again you likely need it for big mods.

If you already tried MW5 and didn't like it I can't really say that much has changed besides Career mode being better than the Campaign. Mods could very well help with that but that's a gamble.

Most of the time.

could you give a mod list? at some point I'm going to pick it up again, but i think i'll need to make some tweaks.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i think i hit the same point, something like 6-8 hours at which point i'd spent 75% of my time holding A to automate horse travelling and i couldn't think of a reason why i'd want to play a pretty outside simulator instead of just going outside.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Foul Fowl posted:

i think i hit the same point, something like 6-8 hours at which point i'd spent 75% of my time holding A to automate horse travelling and i couldn't think of a reason why i'd want to play a pretty outside simulator instead of just going outside.

I'll give some leniency to Australians since going outside results in almost certain death for them nine months out of the year.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
RDR2 got off on the wrong foot for me when I realized that Rockstar's engine STILL can't handle analog movement.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

RDR2's ending should have had you playing as Sadie avenging her new family, rather than John breaking his oath to Arthur (before being forced to in RDR) imo

Still 10/10 though.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
The DLC that made me enjoy MW5 was Heroes of the Inner sphere. You get to ignore the main campaign (but still can play some of its missions) and start in any major region of the Inner sphere with your own brand new merc company. A much better sandbox start and actually adds some mission types and maps too as well as a truckload of new missions for each of the houses with their own unique rewards.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

FrickenMoron posted:

The DLC that made me enjoy MW5 was Heroes of the Inner sphere. You get to ignore the main campaign (but still can play some of its missions) and start in any major region of the Inner sphere with your own brand new merc company. A much better sandbox start and actually adds some mission types and maps too as well as a truckload of new missions for each of the houses with their own unique rewards.

So basically makes it a battletech campaign? drat I might have to get that.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Found the most broken combo in Spellbook Survivors Demonslayers :allears:
- You cannot take damage greater than a quarter of your HP (minimum of 1)
- Your Max HP is 1
- Pick up some Energy Shield / Shield Regen

Literally cannot die. Peak power fantasy.

also lol at my lovely laptop dying from it.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 30, 2022

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Do any of the MW5 missions/mods let you impact the political map at all? Like whooping someone so hard a planet flips, that sort of thing.
MW5 on release has a tiny pool of missions with a tiny pool of modifiers and then the big map just being a generator of scantling of random missions with no stakes made me get tired quick

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I grabbed MW5 and the DLC and am planning on modding it soonish. I love MW3 the most and MW4 is good, but both are kind of a pain to get running well without weird glitches so even if MW5 isn't to the level of those games I'd take any mech game at this point that's fun and stompy. Does a HOTAS work with the game or am I better off just sticking with KB/M?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

The Chad Jihad posted:

Do any of the MW5 missions/mods let you impact the political map at all? Like whooping someone so hard a planet flips, that sort of thing.
MW5 on release has a tiny pool of missions with a tiny pool of modifiers and then the big map just being a generator of scantling of random missions with no stakes made me get tired quick

Sadly not that I know of, it follows history as laid out and time progression ends just before the clan invasion.

Edit: There are some great mods that vastly expand the mission types available and maps / biomes available but they require most if not all the dlcs installed. Also the modded maps are much harder on your gpu because they have a lot more terrain details.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Jerusalem posted:

I thought the ending of Red Dead Redemption 2 (pre-epilogue, which I also greatly enjoyed) was beautiful and uplifting, but I did play Arthur as High Honor so maybe it's more depressing if you played Arthur as Low Honor?

Something about a dying man doing all in his power to save something out of his life's work, to ensure that somebody else he loved got to have everything he failed to have, pushing past his physical limitations before dying at peace, looking out at the sun up somewhere high like he'd always wanted (so he could think about all the good times he and the gang had together) was just a wonderful, sweet and honestly close-to-perfect ending to such a great game.

yeah i really enjoyed the story/ending

i always recommend rdr2 because it is likely the most detailed narrative games ever made imo

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I really enjoyed 95% of the story in RDR2 but the thought of actually playing the game again doesn't fill me with joy so it'll probably just be a one time played game. Found it incredibly tedious to do literally anything and moving outside of the mission by 5 feet failing the mission didn't feel great. Really wish they'd port RDR1 to PC so I have even less of a reason to use my xbone.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
One thing that really bothered me about RDR2 was the whole donating to the camp aspect: in theory, I really liked it since it allowed you to utilize the multiple choices the open world provides to find the best way to acquire money and it was ingrained with the social aspects of the camp and was freeform instead of scripted and all that jazz. In execution, however, there's never any actual pressure, meaning you can just ignore it or do tons of easy low-pay jobs instead of having to do risky high-pay jobs like robbing trains/banks (like Dutch feels you must be compelled to), and it doesn't take long for both the game to forget about it and for you to break the economy and just have huge piles of money that you don't even know what to do with (allowing you to easily be the 'good guy' who can deliver tons of handouts at the end with no real sense of sacrifice).

Still, as much as I dislike cinematic games like Red Dead Redemption, God of War and Last of Us for a multitude of reasons as discussed here, usually they have enough meat to them underneath that they create an alright experience in the end. Was it worth to power through all that automated horse walking? Hmm, yes and no, haha.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I could just get baked and set my horse on auto pilot and walk around for hours staring at the environment in RDR2

e; ^ My problem with any sort of Donating thing, or like Settlement Building in Fallout 4 for example, is it just really demonstrates how worthless every NPC is. Like in theory it's cool that we're all banding together, but in practice only the PC ever does anything meaningful which feels really hollow and defeats the sense of "community" :shrug:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's why dragon quest builders 2 was such a huge step up from 1. you get blueprints for megaprojects that you must complete throughout the story. except, the previously mostly useless villagers you've been taking requests from gather the materials and do all of the building in real time.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
rockstar games have never really tried to bridge the yawning chasm between the gameplay and the narrative since niko cried about the horrors of war after running over 40 pedestrians getting to the mission because driving at max speed is fun. tommy from vice city was a total lunatic psychopath and he's the best rockstar protagonist by a mile (not counting the fat kid from bully, he was cool, but that's a game that doesn't let you murder people with impunity).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Yeah you look at the camp ledger send it's Arthur donates 100 bucks to get everyone tents. Arthur donates 50 bucks to get better food supplies. And the rest is Sadie donates a rabbit, John donates 50 cents.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Foul Fowl posted:

rockstar games have never really tried to bridge the yawning chasm between the gameplay and the narrative since niko cried about the horrors of war after running over 40 pedestrians getting to the mission because driving at max speed is fun. tommy from vice city was a total lunatic psychopath and he's the best rockstar protagonist by a mile (not counting the fat kid from bully, he was cool, but that's a game that doesn't let you murder people with impunity).

And in the game before that you're black mailed throughout the whole narrative for the murder of one policeman, in a game where your could kill a hundred in an hour.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Is there a recommendation thread anymore that I'm just missing?

I seem to really like the hybrid mix of RTS/FPS (IE: Battlezone remake, Carrier Command/Anteus Rising) and trying to find something else along that genre before the sale wraps up. Something with base building, a bit of combat (not too much) but FPS perspectives.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

slidebite posted:

I seem to really like the hybrid mix of RTS/FPS (IE: Battlezone remake, Carrier Command/Anteus Rising) and trying to find something else along that genre before the sale wraps up. Something with base building, a bit of combat (not too much) but FPS perspectives.

For sure: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3196783&pagenumber=683&perpage=40

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Sadly not that I know of, it follows history as laid out and time progression ends just before the clan invasion.

Edit: There are some great mods that vastly expand the mission types available and maps / biomes available but they require most if not all the dlcs installed. Also the modded maps are much harder on your gpu because they have a lot more terrain details.

That's a shame, still might give it a shot again though since I'm jonesing for some mechs

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

sebmojo posted:

could you give a mod list? at some point I'm going to pick it up again, but i think i'll need to make some tweaks.

The big overhaul mod right now is YAML (yet another mech lab), that really extends what weapons and equipment can be put on mechs. My favorite one is MercTech but that doesn't work with the newest DLC and while the author is working on it, prob won't be ready until March or later.

Here's a mod pack that includes YAML + some other nice mods like coyote mission pack and pilot overhaul. It also includes ttrulezAI mod which you may want to disable as it seems hit or miss on if it works right atm https://next.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/collections/4wyicq

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

okay so i was going to buy zero sievert and then i realized i bought oxygen not included so i played that last night instead..

so it seems like its pretty hard? especially in the midgame where i suddenly had to deal with not having any more algae to prop up those oxygen generators. was there a thread for this game?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kibayasu posted:

Speaking of mods once you’re used to the base campaign (and if you want to play more) it becomes much better with some of the bigger overhaul/addition mods. They expand the the mech lab and customization, expand the pilot system, add entirely new weapons, new mech variants and mechs, new missions, and new environments. I think only the host needs to own the DLC but don’t quote me on that.

There’s another DLC dated for January which if the past is any indication will also be needed for mod updates once it’s released.

This is correct, I bought everything and friends just got the base game, everything works so long as I host.

Unlucky7 posted:

Heroes of the Inner Sphere and Kestrel Lancers. I got Call to Arms for the hell of it and I'm enjoying rockem sockem but it's pretty optional

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 30, 2022

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Thanks thread, I just picked up Mercenaries. I remember when it came out and it got terrible reviews and forgot about it. Excited to give it a whirl with the DLC/mods.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

sebmojo posted:

A lot of mods seem to need or at least say they need:

MW5 Mod Compatibility Pack - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/168
MW5 Mod Options - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/537

MW5 also uses a "load order" system, where some mods are loaded first and some are loaded later which can overwrite previous mods but sometimes you also want previous mods to be overwritten. I've never actually messed around with load order much besides making sure the Mod Compatibility Pack is loaded first but if you want to see it in more detail there's a mod manager for that - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/174

I actually don't know if I've ever used this mod manager right because I can't launch the game with it and sometimes it doesn't seem to change the load order but what it does show is if one mod will overwrite another and if that's a good thing or maybe a bad thing. "Maybe" a bad thing because some mods will overwrite another mod with the same file so it doesn't matter if the previous mod is overwritten but it tells you anyways. Anyways you can use the mod manager to see the load order that works/works the best and then manually edit the load order of mods by opening the "modlist.json" file in the Mods folder in a text editor and changing the "load order" number for each mod name - start with 0 and work your way up.

Honestly I wouldn't worry about or mess around with load order too much unless you're getting some weird errors or visual bugs, just make sure Mod Combability is first - you can do that by going to the modlist.json file and giving it the 0 position.

Besides that disclaimer the mods I've used the most with a friend, in a kind of order from "tweaks vanilla" to "adds weird stuff that may or may not work properly":

Purchase Salvage - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/543

Lets you spend c-bills after a mission to get more salvage just in case you're slightly short of something you want.

330's Pilot Overhaul - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/477

Adds a ton to the pilot system. Pilots can have quirks that push their skills above the max (even above 60), you can send pilots off to get trained to unlock quirks, if pilots are injured they can get negative quirks and you can send them off again to train that away too, each pilot can gain "affinity" with different mechs and perform slightly better or worse, pilots can get fatigued after doing missions and injured if they are sent off while fatigued, and even can add a mission to "rescue" a pilot that had to eject during a mission.

vonBiomes - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/441

Adds new environments to the random missions. If nothing else it increases the visual variety a lot which helps with the random missions. This can cause performance issues on older computers though so keep an eye out for that. Some of the maps can also be impassable in places without jump jets, depending on their "difficulty" or if the game just hates you that day so you might just not be able to complete a mission if you have the wrong mechs because you can't climb a cliff.

Coyotes Mission Pack And Mission Overhaul - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/263

Adds new mission types to the random missions and the occasional fun surprise (read: additional enemies) to both its custom missions and vanilla missions. Typically the new missions are a few steps above the difficulty of vanilla missions. There are also "end game" versions of missions which crank the difficulty way, way up if your lance of 4 assault mechs is stomping through everything with no trouble. The mod creator was actually probably not going to update any more but apparently someone commissioned him to keep working on it so there should be more updates.

Yet Another Mechlab - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/459

The first in a series of "Yet Another" mods and the one that all further ones below will need. Adds more mech variants, mech quirks (ie. this mech might have more leg armor, that mech might do more damage with autocannons), ability to salvage mech parts from missions to eventually assemble a complete but empty mech, upgrade weapons to higher tiers using several lower tier versions, customizable HP for turrets/tanks/VTOLs, but most importantly (as you might be able to tell from the name) adds more complexity to the mech lab. It removes a lot of the restrictions of the vanilla system so you can really mess around with stuff.

Yet Another Weapon - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/165
Yet Another Weapon Clan - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/241
Yet Another Equipment Collection - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/592

Adds more Inner Sphere and Clan equipment as the Career mode dates progress because you got to keep things canon. Some of this stuff can be game breaking in the player's hands against the AI but its one of those things where you can either use it or not, whatever's more fun.

Yet Another Clan Mech - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/760
Yet Another Special Variant - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/649

Might as well add even more mech variants, both Inner Sphere and Clan.

Clan Invasion Mod - https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/622

This adds far too many mech variants (using weapons and equipment from the various Yet Another mods above) and weapons to count and did not particularly care about things like "balance" or occasionally "correct modeling." For example, one of the pirate mechs they mention is a way too small mech stuffed with way too many weapons and too much armor with a hitbox that doesn't match its model at all - shoot its torso and miss, shoot 5 meters above its head and hit. One of the other pirate mechs is an Atlas with its head replaced with an Urban mech holding onto two comically oversized control sticks. If you gone through everything else or just think the game is still too easy, this might be the mod for you. Other mechs are things like Super Heavy mechs with tonnage above 100 tons. Do you want to mount 6 gauss cannons or a dozen RACs on something? You might be able to!

There is of course a bunch of other smaller mods you can peruse - audio/visual tweaks to lasers/missiles/cannons, UI updates, market and mission rewards changes, etc, etc - but too many of those to list.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 30, 2022

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah I got all the dlc because some of my mods required them. When I gifted a friend a copy for Christmas I did the same thing and now we've got a co-op career run going.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

slidebite posted:

Not exactly the same thing but Sacrifice is still great, I played trhough all of its campaigns not tooooo long ago. As for games that more similar to what you're talking about, there's a couple oldies I know of, Urban Assault (I think it has a mod community that should let you run it pretty easily) and the Uprising games, which I've never actually played.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Strong Sauce posted:

okay so i was going to buy zero sievert and then i realized i bought oxygen not included so i played that last night instead..

so it seems like its pretty hard? especially in the midgame where i suddenly had to deal with not having any more algae to prop up those oxygen generators. was there a thread for this game?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811449&pagenumber=304&perpage=40

Note that every discussion about this game delves down to "how can I do this specific project in the most eloberate yet efficient way possible" while as a newbie you are still in the "I need more oxygen/food/WHERE DOES ALL THIS PISS COME FROM" phase.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Strong Sauce posted:

ONI is an amazing game but it can be pretty difficult and I think it's usual for people to fail their first few times (for me it was starvation when my food plants suddenly dying because of heat build-up). It's been a few years and several patches (and an expansion) since I last played, but it sounds like you are around the time in the game where you really need to start using an electrolyzer to create oxygen from water.

The problems in ONI are not easily solved and usually come with tradeoffs.... it really is a game where there are constantly new problems to overcome. There are lots of guides and videos avaible for help if you need it, but one thing that helped me a lot was experimenting in the sandbox mode before building something in my 'real' game.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Mierenneuker posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3811449&pagenumber=304&perpage=40

Note that every discussion about this game delves down to "how can I do this specific project in the most eloberate yet efficient way possible" while as a newbie you are still in the "I need more oxygen/food/WHERE DOES ALL THIS PISS COME FROM" phase.

thanks i searched the first 3 pages with no luck and got random results for oxygen (must have not used intitle).

seems like it has programmatic elements in it for things to trigger.. do most people just play it in freeplay mode and not play it in the regular mode? for me i'm definitely in the "where does this piss come from i have bathrooms for you" phase

drat Dirty Ape posted:

ONI is an amazing game but it can be pretty difficult and I think it's usual for people to fail their first few times (for me it was starvation when my food plants suddenly dying because of heat build-up). It's been a few years and several patches (and an expansion) since I last played, but it sounds like you are around the time in the game where you really need to start using an electrolyzer to create oxygen from water.

The problems in ONI are not easily solved and usually come with tradeoffs.... it really is a game where there are constantly new problems to overcome. There are lots of guides and videos avaible for help if you need it, but one thing that helped me a lot was experimenting in the sandbox mode before building something in my 'real' game.

yeah i got electrolyzers and i actually funneled the hydrogen gas to another part of my map where there was the machine that converts hydrogen to energy. but the biggest issue was most of my map was using the basic oxygen converter and i ran out of algae. i'll try sandbox mode after this game

Strong Sauce fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 30, 2022

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
MW5: This review was helpful for collecting mods and their order: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198083937193/recommended/784080/

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's why dragon quest builders 2 was such a huge step up from 1. you get blueprints for megaprojects that you must complete throughout the story. except, the previously mostly useless villagers you've been taking requests from gather the materials and do all of the building in real time.

i'm still upset by the name of that bar in the desert area

(e) I ought to pick that game back up, I'd only just finished said area and some of the tasks on the "main" island before getting bored by the pace and/or distracted by other games

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Fanatical has the Jumpship Edition of MW5 for $22, btw.