Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

edit: nm

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jan 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

From cheetah7071 in the RPG Thread:

actually it’s a word for “workshop”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm in the mood for some mindless, grindy shooting fun. Warframe or Destiny 2?

Destiny 2 is way less effort to get rolling but also a little more demanding in attention

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

cdkeys is an unauthorized reseller

however they are not in the same scummy league as g2a because they sell directly and without weird warranty scams or stolen keys

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

between Monster Boy, The Messenger, and Horace, i am now three for three on games made significantly worse by metroidvania elements

no more open-roaming maps, i beg of you

The Messenger ended at the transition as far as I’m concerned

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

anilEhilated posted:

I admit, got my hopes up for a second there.
Seriously, how hard can it be to do a modern day HoMaM that works?

They put out a full fledged Might and Magic game in 2014, which isn’t too bad for a series as old as dirt. Heroes of Might and Magic could probably use a new entry, too.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

At least Dead Island 2 should be coming out on time

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Satellite Reign really disappointed me. I hated spending ages trying to figure out a stealthy approach to a base only to have the AI magically adjust its patrols so they came right next to my guys. On a roof. Using a zip line.

Plus I’m pretty sure enemies could spot you using 3D lines of sight that you couldn’t identify with the overhead camera.

I really wanted to like the game but playing it was such a pain.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jan 23, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

OhFunny posted:

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/ending-support-for-mac-and-linux/

Rocket League is axing Mac and Linux support and online play for them in March.

What the gently caress? What an rear end in a top hat move

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My big issue with Gamepass is that buying DLC at full price for a rental game just seems weird

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

For some reason people LOVE Xbox Gamepass and are similarly cold on things like Ubisoft's gamepass which I don't think I've ever seen anybody mention.

It’s because the second one is just Ubisoft games op

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mordja posted:

Huh, looks like Torchlight Frontiers is now Torchlight III and no longer a F2P MMO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo-KscmCsbk

This is the second time that team has failed at making a F2P ARPG MMO lmao

It’s for the best, though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

You couldn’t max out Crysis until around 2017. Some games have poo poo that’s there so future computers can brute force some graphics settings out of them.

Mind you, with Crysis some of that was processor development shifting from “MORE CLOCK SPEED FOREVER!” like it was when they were making Crysis, to increasing cores/threads. But still, it’s kind of nuts how future-proofed that game was.

I think people give Crysis too much credit for “future proofing.” You can supersample an old game at 8k+ and bring a modern computer to its knees but that doesn’t mean a whole lot of talent went into creating the option, nor that it looks significantly better. People aren’t really getting much more out of Crysis today than it offered at release.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 27, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

shadow warrior 2 was such an incredible disappointment

I think they intended for people to play those boring-rear end levels over and over again and I don't get it

Why would you want to

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

a battle royale with roguelike elements

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Trying hard to think of something that sounds less like a winning combination than "battle royale + anything"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It'd still be an awful business decision even if I liked the game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They tried that and EA canceled it after the beta

It was only a little anime though

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hwurmp posted:

I think "not up to par" means "less of the poo poo VA-likers inexplicably like"

for instance CT probably does not have characters whose only purpose is to be references to Seinfeld or Yiik

Ah, it must not have a child sex worker bot written one-handed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

So the two people in this thread who disagree do not exist?

Not meaningfully, no

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I can’t play Spellforce 3 because I can’t click anything in the main menu. I checked the Steam forums and in 2018 the devs recognized the issue and just said “Windows did it, not our fault” while some creep screamed at people to sign up to his Discord to get the fix (which is just turning off vsync and doesn’t work).

Oh well

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Based on the symptom, response, and date I'm going to blindly suggest going into the compatibility settings for the application, switching on the High DPI Scaling Override and trying out the various options there to see if one resolves it.

Unfortunately none of those fix it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5nHjCWl_Xg&t=88s

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Orv posted:

RAGE 1 is bad. There are people who will tell you, nay insist that it has good enemy AI but they are perfidious knaves and should not be trusted.

Just skip it.

the pistol is one of the worst pistols I have ever used in an fps game

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Can't stop seeing the name "Wolcen" without immediately translating it as some weird reddit sex thing

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Locator posted:

Lol.. it's telling me to play Path of Exile, which I have hundreds or possibly thousands of hours in, but none of it's shown in Steam because I use the stand alone client (the Steam client for PoE is awful).

I have a pet from the beta trapped on a Steam linked account :(

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Awesome! posted:

support can merge mtx from an old account to a new one

oh dang, I thought I checked on this and saw them say they specifically refuse to do pets or things I didn't actually pay for

I shall try again!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Rolo posted:

Is it comfortable enough for twitch shooters?

I wanna play some Overwatch and CoD:MW.

It's far more comfortable than a drat coffee table

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

the extremely low trophy percentages on kentucky route zero are bumming me out

It was never going to be a popular game, being a point and click graphic novel, and also they took 6 years or whatever to put all the episodes out

Not really surprising

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Star Wars is on sale for I think $45... Is it good or worth it at that price?

Disney probably paid a lot more for the franchise so this seems like a bargain

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Baller Time posted:

I just call them indie games

Triple I

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wiltsghost posted:

It sucks because I liked the little I played of it. I love the atmosphere and the look of it. Just too tense for me.

Well if you can make it to the flamethrower all the tension goes away

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Why would you want an easier time playing a bad game

Just play something else

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

I haven't done much with Steam for several years aside from buying like 2 games and enter codes to get lots of free games. I found Satellite Reign in my library and it looks pretty cool? I played through the tutorial until I got my fourth dude, but had to call it a day. What do folks think about this game? Can you sell me on it?

Imagine meticulously observing enemy patrol routes and behaviors to help you guide your people into a labyrinthine corporate complex. Imagine as soon as you slip in through a back door, climb to a roof, and zipline to another one to stay out of sight, the AI magically decides that security's new patrol route involves climbing a roof and ziplining to yours.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

classes include: a literal angel, a kind of Egyptian anubis robot with a megaman arm???

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

please don't buy Wolcen before waiting a few more weeks to see how it pans out

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I remember when the Steam refund policy was supposed to kill indie games

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Phetz posted:

The phrase “Command & Conquer Auto-Battler” has entered my mind palace and I am NOT happy about it

They literally already made that

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

Book of Demons is basically Diablo 1 if the RPG elements were pared down to health and mana upgrades and everything was kept in a cardboard/trading card aesthetic. No actual trading cards, though.

Yikes no thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Zeinin posted:

Sup dudes, is there a halo masta cheef collection thread? I'm looking to find some folks to play with. All my vidya friends are in the wrong time zone for us to play together anymore.

Yes