Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

pseudorandom name posted:

discordgoons.com in the OP is some domain squatter.

Yeah. Tosses up tons of warnings just trying to access the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Not everyone has oodles of room at their setups.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Bad North is pure, distilled RTS, and the Jotunn edition is their big post release update they put out a few months ago. It's great.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The PS3 controller was awful, though. The triggers were super mushy and the convex sticks felt like they were made to have your thumbs slide off them.

Yeah, it was pretty bad to use. I really like the PS4 controller, especially in comparison.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m on my third PS4 controller in three years, but they are waaaay better to use than the PS3.

Strange. I'm on my second controller since I got the console back in like 2013-14ish, and the first one still works well enough, I just dropped it and the shell slightly separated and it gets annoying to hold for long periods. Never had any other issues.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I really should try to get back to HZD... And about a hundred other games too.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Shrecknet posted:

Hey so super-late to the party but in Where the Water Tastes Like Wine, how do you actually do the whistle minigame? I hold down CTRL, the whistle wheel comes up and shows a direction, then I press.... what? Arrows? WASD? Swift Mouse gesture?

Arrow keys to follow along with the notes, yeah. When done right, it lets you walk faster.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

anilEhilated posted:

How is that going to work on the PC? Drawing with a mouse is godawful.

It's not like you're drawing anything more complex than basic shapes. Lines and circles, not the Mona Lisa.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Its for a single joke character you grump.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Objective Action posted:

Sp?ceship Looter X?VQQ-NFB68-VYWKH

Grabbed this one, sounds very scavenger-y and thus right up my alley.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

ZearothK posted:

I mean, you really shouldn't. It is genuinely impossible to play more than a faction at a time, and campaigns will go for 10-30 hours, so you'd just be spending money you don't need to right now. Buy the DLC if you really want to play a given DLC faction or subfaction immediately.

Also the blood DLC carries over between games, you only need to buy it once :v:

really though, you don't need everything unless you're a brokebrain or you just really want to be mad about DLC

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

The only crazy person here is you, my dude.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Not really. Every game is its own beast, and something like CKII is quite different from EUIV, which is quite different from HoI4 which is... you get the idea.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

God I am so beyond ready for this.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I desperately wait for the day when people stop equating "difficult" with "good". It can be fun if you're into it, but ball bustingly hard gameplay does not mean the game is a masterpiece, and it doesn't mean you get to mock anyone who doesn't like having to do the same bullshit section over and over again.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Cross-Section posted:

Gotta say, I'm tempted to throw $9 at the thing just in case the FFXIV-esque rework they're now promising actually pans out

Don't. It's still gonna be the same folk doing the Anthem redo, using the same processes and lovely design ideas EA says they should use. It'll be either just as lovely as it is now, or ever so slightly better in a few spots. Its not that it's too expensive, even at $9, it's just not worth your time when there are so many other actually good games to play.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh hey Workers and Resources: Soviet Republic is on sale for 20$, anyone up for laying concrete for roads? The Three Moves Ahead podcast mentioned it as one of the best games of 2019 because one of the people in the podcast is one hell of a nerd.

Be warned going into this game that it is super, massively eurojank. Like doing something like building a house is a difficult process to get working when you're starting out, things aren't explained well at all.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

StrixNebulosa posted:

If I want to pick up ARK the base game for 10$ and play it as a single player experience where I go around hunting dinos and making myself better clothes, how is it for that?

You'll want to massively up the rates for everything if you do. The game is massively tuned for having a group of like 20-40 people playing together, where there's always someone online. Also the company making it are scummy as poo poo.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh man, seems like the ARK devs poo poo the bed once again with the new, and incredibly expensive, expansion according to RPS. I wouldn't have looked if there hadn't been ARK chat in here, so I though I'd share it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So uh, thoughts on the Battletech game? I don't give a poo poo about whatever story they did, but there's a mode that's just running your mercs, right? Cause I need some big, stompy mech action in my life, and when I can drop the game to costing $10, its tempting.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Serephina posted:

Be aware that it is PLAGUED by technical issues, moreso at launch but still has many to this day. As in literally unplayable, can't-launch-a-mission type of bugs. If you buy it, don't get it on humble like I did as you have no chance of a refund when it goes futz.

Bit late for that, cause I was only getting because of that humble deal thing from last page. Though this is the first anyone has said about terrible bugs in the current game, and after 9 major patches, I think the odds are low enough to not matter. And even if it has something awful, it was only $10.

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 6, 2020

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Azran posted:

The game has some issues with saves - it never saves incrementally and if you don't manually clean them up every now and then, the game starts to slow down a bit.
Noted.

Gorilla Radio posted:

Welp. Thanks. In that case, any suggestions for relatively unknown huge time sink games?
You looking for any kind of timesink in particular? Something easy peasy or with a bit of difficulty or challenge to it?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

God, Battletech has some ungodly dire load times. I was playing earlier and I was able to get up and make two entire sandwiches, come back, and it still was not done loading into the map. Also it kinda just... didn't fuckin' explain quite a few things in the tutorial. Had to figure out how to make a mech turn on the spot and how to pick only a few guns to fire all on my own, on the fly.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Someone swiped Okami already, oh well.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So for Okami HD, what am I better off doing, keyboard or pulling out the 360 controller? I never touched the wii version, so I haven't played the game since it came out on ps2 way back when, if that matters.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

If you want open worlds, No Man's Sky has literally more than you can ever see in your life.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Not everyone is expected to play every game, jesus. You play the stuff that interests you the most. I've got like 5 demos to check out.

You don't have to play every single demo.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

gently caress now I want it even more.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

This'll get buried under DOOM posts, but for those of us chatting about Morels the other day, its gone on sale %50 off. I'm almost certainly gonna grab it up when its only :10bux: and I figured others would liek to know.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It... doesn't look like that??

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Morels trip report: poo poo's good, of course. Wandering around the woods over 40~ minute long days, checking out spots I know grow the good poo poo in between checking out whatever random poo poo I see, sprinkled with taking pictures of animals. Fun game for fungis 10/10

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Also the headline is the entire joke in 99% of these articles, there's really no point to reading the whole thing, as its typically like, a paragraph that just tells the headline joke again.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

RDR2 is yet another big tick in the "R* need to make a loving crime movie already so they can get this one goddamn story out of their system." They've been doing the same game, more or less, since San Andreas, and its getting worse and worse as time goes on. The story blows chunks for most of it, and the actual missions get in the way of the parts of the game that are genuinely fun to do.

You can get into a mission forced gunfight at a totally secret hideout out in the woods, I'm talking so secret you needed a plot point person to lead you there to attack, and yet not 5 minutes after clearing it, when you're going around looting all the people you killed, because money is scarce, the loving cops show up somehow! And now you have a wanted level and/or are loving dead because you didn't expect the cops in the middle of the goddamn woods.

The actual world and going around it hunting and exploring and poo poo was absolute aces, but anytime R* tried to tell their typical story it brought everything to a screeching halt of unfun crap.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

That's enough to make me at least try this free week they have going on. If it runs well, I could go for a bit of hunting.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

explosivo posted:

Anything else in the DLC selection you'd recommend while it's on sale? I played this a bit a while back but fell off because new stuff came out though I've been looking for an excuse to get back into it.

I'd also like to know about DLC, cause I think I'm gonna end up buying this.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Teetering on getting that hunting game, but holy jesus its nearly 50 goddamn gigs. That's a whole lot of space for a game that I expect to only be firing up from time to time.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Cardiovorax posted:

What's the name of that recent game that people have been describing as "Mount&Blade, but with guerillas" again? I've been stuck inside for a while now and I'm kinda sick of everything else I've currently got at hand.

You're thinking of Freeman: Guerilla Warfare.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Well this is on my wishlist now.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Thoughts on StarCrawlers? I mean its like 2 bucks but its still good to know if its got some hidden bullshit or bad ui going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm having fun but I would really appreciate it if covid would stop so I could have my brain back. Being lowkey panicked all the time isn't healthy and I don't enjoy it.
:yeah: