Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Xander77 posted:

Tried to buy the Untitled Goose Game on EGS (my nephew saw some youtube playthroughs and begged me).

First purchase ever, 10$ coupon applied, the system asks me for my paypal info.

I don't want it saving my information, obviously, so it asks for a zip code instead (?). I provide my Israeli zip code... and it's apparently invalid. No way forward, no way to make amends.

A well designed machine. You'd think anyone looking to make money would at least foolproof the actual "give us your money" stage of the process.

(Yes, I could provide my credit card info or have it save my paypal details, but that would be even worse)

You can tell em not to save your credit card details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Holy moly I have Shadow of War, nuHitman and Outer Wilds on rotation right now and these games are so goddamn good, I feel like I hit some sort of gaming nirvana. Too bad world war 3 is about to hit off and take it all away.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Shrecknet posted:

Whats a good shooting game for people bad at shooting? Ive never been good at twitch reflexes owing to growing up as a console babby and ive always gravitated to supports that dont need to aim like Engie or Torbjorn

I think the easy settings in most games are designed specifically for people like you in mind, so go nuts with whatever strikes your fancy (doom2016!!). Just ignore how some idiot developers feel the need to be condescending when selecting an easier difficulty. Anyways, nearly all modern shooters are designed to be playable on consoles with a controller, with auto-aim options etc.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

To be honest I thought RE7 sucked. It's one of those games that I just don't understand why people like it. Perhaps if I played it in VR I would feel differently. To me it felt very "video-gamey" and it was impossible to suspend my disbelief in any way.

I think many felt it was a good return to B-movie horror of classic RE after the unfocused mess of RE6, with a fresh take to boot with the new perspective. But the RE series was always quite "video-gamey" imo, with magic healing herbs and weird convoluted locks blocking progression and giant animals and stuff. And then before you knew it you were suplexing Spaniard peasants in the 1800s as Leon "2kool4skool" kennedy in what is considered a legit masterpiece.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
If anyone is a fan of games about exploring impossible constructs such as NaissanceE and Antichamber should check out Manifold Garden. It's a trip and one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. Epic exclusive for the moment.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
This weekend I will finally know what the hell Kentucky Route 0 is.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Obra Dinn:

But there is some guesswork right? I had to rely on the book's confirmation for a few cases, like to distinguish the 4 Chinese topmen or 2 russian seamen . I just plugged in one name after another until the book told me I got it right. Did I cheat?

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
One of the devs released a balance mod for Witcher 3. Could be worth a look.

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2788/

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Hello

Here is my ranking of the voice acting quality in Plague Tale by language, based on the first couple of minutes:
1. English
2. German (could've used french accents)
3. French

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
wait, kentucky route zero has optional scenes?

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Rain World definitely felt like one of those "team of graphic artists make a game" scenarios, but I ended up loving it anyways ultimately. I found the art/atmosphere incredible. The final segment is pure slugcat drugs. It's a shame the gameplay is understandably a barrier for many.

With tighter controls, it would have been an all time fav of mine, hands down.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I'm sorry Iconoclasts, you're not completely bad, but Hollow Knight and a few other games in the genre are just way way better than you and you are no longer worth my time.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
How long is Halflyx? Is it a genuine 10h game or an hour long extended VR demo?

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

Blattdorf posted:

Read at your own peril. It's a sequel.

You were not kidding, I regret reading that.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I enjoyed Odyssey quite a bit but my main issue with it was the loot system. Leveling up meant getting a new skill (good), but enemies also leveling up with you meant your gear suddenly became less effective (bad). It was particularly egregious when you had all the skills you wanted and you were using those skill points to raise your damage with swords by 0.5%. At that point, leveling was a punishment for playing the game. It really doesn't help that upgrading your gear was made prohibitively expensive so that you buy resources with Ubi bucks. I hope they fix it somehow in the next game they won't .

Anyways, AC chat makes me want to take another hidden blade stab at Origins. I may just take the option to be at level 40 or 50 right off the bat and just explore the world (although I do quite like the protag and his winning smile).

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Dear Capcom:

The game over sequence in RE2make where Claire's throat get ripped out by a zom is about 5 seconds too long. Next time it happens hopefully hammering the buttons will let me skip that sadistic poo poo

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Also, why don't the villains shoot batman in the exposed area of his mask???????

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Getting back into AC Origins like some others here and was pleasantly surprised with Animus Hacking (read cheat mode) that allows you to fiddle with a bunch of the game settings like health, damage etc.

I personally increased damage taken and received to make things less spongy, made stealth easier and increased assassination damage (you can also just make all assassinations instakills). I also decreased XP gain because I like doing the sidequests and seeing my husband Bayek help kids and poor farmers and stuff. You can also change your character model, have the sun perpetually setting, increase movement speed by like 5 times, be friendly with bandits and a bunch of other cool stuff. It's really neat and I'm sad they didn't add it to Odyssey for some reason. it disables achievements but who gives a poo poo.

Trickyblackjack fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Apr 11, 2020

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I hope that wasn't some kid that got hold of their parent's credit card.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I loved Freedom Cry. Probably the AC I was most emotionally invested in. To contrast with Nazi killing, sadly very few games are about freeing slaves as a central conceit.

Do you free slaves at some point in AC3?

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Beat RE2make and it's great. But I did wonder why they didn't just use this new engine/gameplay on a RE8 instead of these remakes though. It's not like I had experienced a transcendent narrative that needed retelling. That being said, I did quite like Claire and her drive to go above and beyond what would be expected from a regular random person to protect Sherry was genuinly touching.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I too am upset that I can't play AssCreed: Lumberjack.

edit: I remember mod in Skyrim that allowed you to chop down trees for wood. Not being able to do that in the base game was the least of that game's problems.

Trickyblackjack fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Apr 22, 2020

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Bah I don't know if I should get this new XCOM, get XCOM2 complete that's on a deep discount, or replay 1 with the Enemy Within content......

e: or play Mutant Year Zero from the EGS giveaway

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
drat Xcom2 better have huge libraries of battle cries in dozens of languages to justify 60+gig download.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Andromeda clearly felt to me like it was supposed to be an actual retelling of the ME trilogy before being awkwardly rewritten to be set in a new galaxy, from some too similar characters and story beats. Garrus but female! Liara but horny! Wrex with a different name! Not-collectors!

Anyways I just modded Shep and crew into XCOM2 and it's frikkin great

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
The music is what makes the cabaret minigame work for me personally. I'd always get pumped when it kicks up a notch for turbo mode or whatever it was.

Similarly, the music is what made me find most side stories super aggravating.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UXZ3cWCh1Es

Fuckin kill my ears

The soundtrack overall is great though.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Oh wow what the gently caress

But then it pulls out something like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vUYrv601WBw

and I'm 1000% back in!

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Is majima his first name or family name

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

ZZZorcerer posted:

I enjoyed Odissey but I found it a bit exhausting, too much stuff. Could do with more focused content.

Hope they go with less collect-a-thons and meaningless map checklist stuff

Yeah I'm sure that'll be different.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Personally, I'm most excited to see what Layla Hassan gets up to!!!

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Cloud is the best final fantasy has managed, huh?

e: I saw some clips of antifa Barret from the remake and he 100% should be #1.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Did they keep zell's Mike Tyson tattoo?

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment:

I solved a case and....0% of players came to the same conclusion.

Feels bad, man :(

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012

I clicked thinking it would be shite, just a few of player avatars in front of an in-game screen, but it was cool. It makes me want to get Sayonara Wild Hearts.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I always get a bit sad when I see in games an absolute stellar premise wasted on sub-standard execution. We will never ever see another game set in 80s Sweden taken over by mechs. That was our one chance, and by the sound of things we blew it.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
Because of this thread, I went into Shadow of War expecting MGSV levels of male gaze and what I got was that they replaced the spider with a female character. But I do understand people being shocked at seeing a woman in Lord of the Rings.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I wonder how some people reacted when they saw that one of the soldiers is black

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
There's always a sale somewhere.

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
DOOM in cyberpunk, sorta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trickyblackjack
Feb 13, 2012
I just started Control, and I have to say more games need prestige television-style opening title sequences:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDmC5-GN910

RE2make also has a good one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-txGTtqyyY