Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

queeb posted:

shipbreaker is exactly what it says it is and its amazing.

I can't figure out what they want for the aluminum/nano work order. I've tried all kinds of different configurations/cuts/panels, etc on the barge and it won't accept it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Some stuff has to go to salvage or furnace on the sides, when you hover over something it should say where it goes.

Damnit! Thanks.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

explosivo posted:

Shipbreaker seems pretty cool from what I've seen so far, I like the backwoods vibe with the guitar noodling and the set up for the story before you get started. I am curious to see how they keep things interesting as you progress through the game, from what I hear while there are a finite amount of ship designs the interiors are somewhat procedurally generated which is neat.

I'm not very far but I'm kind of turned off by the tedious process of tearing a whole ship apart. I'm sure this isn't/shouldn't be the gameplay loop but my OCD demands it. The fun is figuring out how to get valuable components out without blowing yourself up.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

zedprime posted:

Shipbreakers is the exception for sure. If you have an old i5 you're going to dip whenever physics happen that are more complicated than pull single entity to you. The only people getting constant 30 seem to be brand new i5s or i7s up to a couple years old.

It's probably not really "physics" like you can farm to the GPU, more entity interactions like reducing health and deciding to explode. But here's hoping they offload more to the GPU because I slideshow at decompression accidents with a 1060 GTX and a 4 year old i5.

I'm getting 100+fps at "max" settings (there aren't many settings to fiddle with) on a 7700 and 2080 Super at 1440p. Just for reference.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yeah the Steam store is dead

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Mine has been sitting at working for about 5-6 minutes after clicking purchase. Guess I'll just let it marinate.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Finally got a message saying something to affect of, "You may have completed this purchase? We don't know? We can't tell you one way or another. Check your email maybe?"

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
And now I can't add anything because it says I have a pending transaction under my account. :shrug:

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Bloodplay it again posted:

It took my transaction about 4-5 min to go through once accepting the ToS and clicking the final button, too.

Do you see the pending purchase listed here: https://store.steampowered.com/account/history/ ???

Lol, it took another few minutes to load my purchase history but yeah it shows pending now. 512GB for me.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Yay!

Thank you for your Steam purchase!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Nuts and Gum posted:

Are you not allowed to preorder more than one device? I tried to get a 256 and a 512, one for my bro, but it gives me a warning saying I have duplicate items in my cart. Not like I can actually check out, but thought that was odd?

One per account.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Where is the availability info?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Ah, I thought you guys were getting individual estimates.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
After going back and checking the page while logged in, it also shows my availability as Q1 2022 for the 512.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Magic Mango posted:

I'm now getting "Your transaction cannot be completed because you have another pending transaction on your account". I can see a pending transaction in my order history but no charge on my card.

Hopefully they manage to process it?

This was exactly my process

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

particle9 posted:

I just gave up and came back just now and the 512 one was still in my cart and I got it no problem. Weird.

What’s your availability date?

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Blattdorf posted:

Steam branding has a lot to do with it, I guess. They seem to be much more robust about the entire package, software and hardware, than some random manufacturer from ebay or amazon. There is great value in that.

Then again, I could never understand the idea of mobile PC gaming, it's like an oxymoron. When the novelty of it wears off, I wonder what the preferred use case will be for this device. Again, all of this hinges on the battery. If it lasted 20 hours under active use, then yeah, take it with you camping, bring a battery pack or two. But since the battery keels over quite quickly, any longer play sessions will require being close to a power outlet. I guess that's worth the price of a 3070?

I'm incredibly lukewarm about the success of this device, unlike the rest of the thread. We'll see how things pan out.

I just want to play my pc game library and emulation in bed or on the couch using a cool device. I don’t care about out of the house so much, aside from occasional plane use.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
From the responses I’m this thread and that tweet posted earlier, the 512 model seems to be the most popular. A little surprising.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

explosivo posted:

Anyone put any time in with the Ascent yet? I'm going to play with a friend on gamepass but apparently co-op is bugged on that version right now. I love the look of the game but I'm not really sure what to expect from it. I played for a few minutes and it seems to lean more towards the shooter part than the RPG part which I'm all for.

I played solo on the game pass version for a few hours today and I love it. The dense visuals are awesome, sound is awesome, it is awesome. I didn’t know coop was bugged on gamepass, that sucks. Was going to talk a buddy into playing it tomorrow.

Also, on my gamepass version I don’t have DLSS settings at all and ray tracing doesn’t appear to work.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 30, 2021

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

MarcusSA posted:

Fwiw it’s a gamepass game as well.

I ended up uninstalling the Gamepass version and bought it on Steam due to the Gamepass version issues. Great game. For $25 or whatever it is, it's a great buy.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
God of War runs great with a mix of High/Ultra at 3440x1440 DLSS Quality.

3070 and 5800x.

I'm really digging it so far, it's not often I pay full price for a game but this seems to be worth it.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
In God of War, I’m seeing a lot of chests and areas I can’t access. Are these meant for ng+ or what? Some of them are in really out of the way places.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Goddamn, I'm about 17 hours into God of War and it's so good. It extracts everything that is good about (semi) open world, arpg combat and mechanics, story, pacing, graphics, and extracts it down to an extremely good package.

Edit - 19 hours actually, and it both seems like a long time and not long at all. The exact opposite of something like modern rear end Creed.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 17, 2022

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Deakul posted:

The world serpent in GoW gives me the friggin jeebies.

Yeah, Kratos (me) definitely respects that dude.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
We're totally going to gently caress Thor UP

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mordja posted:

I am surprised that after all of this, Microsoft will still be behind Sony tho.

Lol. At this rate, Sony will need to buy Nintendo to compete. Or Nintendo buy the PlayStation division, which I don't think is feasible, despite Nintendos fabled mountain of liquid cash.

Or perhaps Sony buying EA, which would be even bigger than this deal.

Kaddish fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 18, 2022

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

repiv posted:

They have the Bethesda Launcher too, and newer games like Doom Eternal still require a Bethesda account even if you get them on another store

Long term this stuff will probably get consolidated but it'll take a while to merge all the infrastructure and migrate licences to other stores

Does Doom require Bethesda launcher still? Last I knew, only ESO did.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Right, it's really a Zenimax launcher I guess.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'd rather MS buy EA to be honest. I literally play zero Acivision/Blizzard games currently. But that would be way more expensive.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'm absolutely playing Diablo 4 on Gamepass, lol.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

EA would be less expensive than Acti/Blizzard. They're both public companies, so the valuations are pretty clear. By stock price EA is valued at 37.8 Billion. Even with a healthy premium it would still be cheaper, in theory. But the situations are different so I don't know if that kind of takeover would be feasible.

My understanding is that EA didn't recently see a 30% devaluation and so wouldn't be amenable to a buyout.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Andrast posted:

He has a shitton activision stock, he's getting a huge payout no matter what

We don't know for sure. We know that if he is released based on buyout, he gets $300 million.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Whatever fantasy we have for Bobby Kotik eating poo poo is a fantasy. He is a billionaire.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
What's interesting to me is the future between Steam and Microsoft.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Reviewers have evidently had full review copies for a while now for DL2. They can't show video but all impressions I've seen have been really good.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Speaking of, Ace Combat 7 drains my steam deck battery comically fast.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
The progression is my biggest gripe with Forza Horizon. I like being forced into driving and upgrading poo poo cars in poo poo tier races starting off.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It's always best to wait on TW games for like a year before diving into a new one. Old DLC's almost always have pretty deep cut sales and it takes time to iron the bugs out/increase functionality/integrate the older games.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Just noticed TW1/2 DLC is on sale again as well. I already own all of it and just waiting for Immortal Empires before jumping into 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

pentyne posted:

Marvel Heroes, which was free but all the coolest stuff cost money. Also rip

If the people that sell Marvel IP don't try to recreate Marvel Heroes those people should be fired.